SpeedRacer

Why didnt the US just plant WMDs?

A question was brought up in another forum...

Why do you supposed the US didn't just plant WMDs in Iraq, as so many people said they would??

And its been said by some that the US could pick up UBL no problem if they really wanted to. So why didn't Bush just grab him a couple weeks before the election, as so many people claimed he would??
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Why do you supposed the US didn't just plant WMDs in Iraq, as so many people said they would??

And its been said by some that the US could pick up UBL no problem if they really wanted to. So why didn't Bush just grab him a couple weeks before the election, as so many people claimed he would??

I brought it up in another thread and someone here already answered it.

There isn't a huge conspiracy behind everything like some folks would like to believe.

Some people would like to believe that the US government is behind everything bad in the world, and that the Government can do what ever it wants when it wants. It just isn't true.

The simplist explanation is usually the real explanation.

Let me ask you this....
Why should the US government have planted WMD's in Iraq?
To say... I told you so.
Then every conspiracy theorist in the world would have said they didn't anyway.... even if we found real wmd's there.

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Public support for three recent major conflicts was bolstered by what later turned out to be false claims.

Vietnam - Gulf of Tonkin

Gulf War 1 - Iraqi troops reportedly massing on the Saudi border; Iraqi troops reportedly removing Iraqi babies from incubators

Gulf War 2 - WMD

Perhaps this is why one might view the official govermnent line in these matters with some scepticism.

John

Because with the technical level of forensics these days it wouldn't be possible to dump tons of WMD somewhere in Iraq and not leave evidence of having done so.

Every country in the world knew/knows Iraq had nothing.

Well, that's just not consistent with the info that's out there... at the very least the government of the UK thought there were WMDs...

I guess the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Theory" folks need something to cling to.:S

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Well, that's just not consistent with the info that's out there.

Okay, what happened to make the government change their minds from in early 2001 when they claimed that Iraq possessed no WMD and posed no real threat to the US?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Why:S because we have an honest president. Ain't that a twist :S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

.....could it be because...
We were busy FIRING them from our own aircraft instead,,,
from miles away from the targets,, And blowing those targets,, on the ground in Iraq,,, to smithereens!!!
I hate to think it.... but i'm afraid that
the only W M D out there...had US insignia on them.....[:/]:(.
( ask any iraqi civilian who witnessed, buildings and roads and private homes being demolished,,,and family members being killed..B|,,, if the Destruction seemed to them,,,,,like it was of the "MASSive" type or not....) how sad.....[:/]

Eh, probably because we can't "pick him up with no problem" and are still looking for that SOB?

That's been answered by cynics and supporters...but I like to think it's likely more along the lines that we are basically an honest country.

Some may call me naive...some may call me something else. But I would like to think that honesty is the answer.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

i hope and pray that the wmd thing was just an exuse to grab the oil. at least that makes sense. but if they really thought there were weapons there, then the people running this fiasco are more confused than i thought. if it's a vast right wing conspirocy , at least they have a plan. if not then we've got fools in office and what does that say for us that we chose these clowns to represent us.

people see me as a challenge to their balance

We did plant WMD's but we forgot where we put them Damn GPS>:( or someone stole them befor we could retrive them>:( Whats the world coming to when people steal your WMD's when you not loking>:(

OBL? we had him but he escaped or we forgot where we put him, or he died in prison from natural causes.

Damn commie pinko plot:S

As you were [:/]

R.I.P.

"But I would like to think that honesty is the answer."

Or, when you are in a deep hole, you stop digging.:)
But I'll go with the honesty/good guys line.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson