freeflygoddess

Krispy Kream or Dunken Donuts?

Ok every thread in this forum someone brings up the donut thing. So here is a poll for my curiosity...Personally I hate donuts. All donuts. I have tried KK fresh out of the oven...yuck, DD fresh out of the oven, yuck as well...the store bought kind and yes even the homemade kind...all are just too gross for me to take, I guess it is the grease or something, or the fact that I also hate coffee!

Dunkens aren't even in the same class as Krispys...

KRISPYS RULE!!!:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I personally think this is going to be the bloodiest debate this forum has ever seen...:D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r:...I haven't had a doughnut in years...and now that you mention it...well...now I am hungry...:P

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Where's Mr. Donut? Krispy Kreme? Over glorified. unless you get the KKs right at the store and consume right away, they're crap I tell you crap. Either way, they'll add to increasing your wing loading. ;)
One last thing, June 5th is National Donut Day.
-----
~~~Michael

KRISPYS RULE!!!

So explain why they're like 1/2 the size of a "real" donut?!?

KK donuts are all hype. Gimmie some no name donut shop that's been run buy a nice old Korean couple ..... Way better.....:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You mean KK's aren't the equal of DD's. DD's RULE!!!!:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Mmmm... donuts....

i am partial to Dunkin Donuts just because they have so many different kinds (yum..lemon filled), they are bigger, remind me of childhood, and they have AWESOME coffee.:)
And while I know Dunkin Donuts is a big corporate company, Crispy Cremes seem so much more corporate and causing all the DD's to start losing business...

Mmmm... donuts....

i am partial to Dunkin Donuts just because they have so many different kinds (yum..lemon filled), they are bigger, remind me of childhood, and they have AWESOME coffee.:)
And while I know Dunkin Donuts is a big corporate company, Crispy Cremes seem so much more corporate and causing all the DD's to start losing business...

You're actually on track, there. DD is 100% franchised. There are 0 company owned stores. KK is not offering any franchises.

I'm not a fan of the "Cake" donut, but whatever the "yeast-raised" donut means, seems to make the difference for me, maybe it's the change in texture I don't know, but my vote is for Krispy Kremes
Fly it like you stole it!

Dunkin' Donuts Wins

More variety (52 vs. 25)
Bigger
Tastier
Rockin' Corporate Color Scheme...oh, wait
Attached umbilically to Baskin Robbins for even greater selection

Krispy Krap claims 25 varieties of donuts, but if you check out the pics, many look the same. One grain of cinnamon does not a difference make.

Also, we used to have Krispy Krap fundraisers - for the fundraisers, they don't allow the Krispy Krap logo on the boxes. They're not even proud of their product. They're ashamed of the Krap they produce.

Dunkin Donuts - Hands Down...

"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

Paraphrase:

It's like Bush and Kerry, you don't go to either one if you're looking for a good donut.

I don't know. I ocassionally go to the Bush when I'm looking for a good donut. If you know what I mean.

topher

krispy kremes. Every friday it's doughnut day and the new guy of office brings the two dozen doughnuts his title of "new guy" entails. There's no doughnut like the creme filled chocolates. I do my straffing run on 'em and suck down four before I finish my first cup of coffee.B| Death to the new guy who is late on friday!!>:(

Stay away from those cheesecake and caramel filled ones though. They will crash your pancreas and you will go into a diabetic coma.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

nanook,

While I am decidedly opposed to your preference for krispy kremes, I would like to commend you on two things:

1. You avoided the lazy man's trap and used 'doughnut' instead of 'donut'. Though both are acceptable, you took the high road. Thanks. I had even gotten lazy myself. I'm now back on the straight and narrow.

2. You employed lower-case letters in krispy kreme because subconciously, you are aware that they suck.

TTFN,

topher