sangiro

Cheap Thrills

One of the cheap thrills about this site for me personally has always been to hear how people used it in some kind of manner that really added value. (Not to take away anything from the high value conversations that goes on in the Talkback Forum daily! ;)) Another one has been to see some of the "big names" in the sport surf around the site with the rest of us plebs! Check this out for instance:
Olav Zipser's Classified Ads
Here's his profile
Pretty cool huh? :)Safe swoops
Sangiro

Hey, here's an idea - why not ask him to log onto the Pub for an hour or two on happy hour night. Great PR for him and we could bombard him with interesting questions. How about it HH, could you ask the Zipser dude for us? Actually can't we try and get featured guests on the happy hour occasionally? I swear we'll behave and keep the questions above-board!
/s

I am almost positive this will not sound completely the way I would like it to be. However...I hope that my underlying point will come accross. We are all the same...JUMPERS. No one owns any games and no one developed any kind of flying first. The Wright bros. did not develop flying on their own...humans have been forever fixated with the sky from the begining of time. I think anyone who gets titles or accomplishments is a wonderful thing for that person and for skydiving as well, it's an accomplishment...but maybe I view my own goals differently from that....it's not about titles, or championships. And no I do not believe the great Olav invented freeflying...freeflying has many techniques as freestyle...and jumpers have been doing that longer than the world freefly has been around. In all seriousness...go look into the mirror....right now...go...that my friends is what deserves recognition, you...you yourself, not any titles... In reading the previous posts about believing if it is "him". I can't believe I have the honor of talking to any of you...for I am the lucky one. I can invent games and create a new lisence, and slap a label as it is my own...but I never will...because I respect all of the jumpers before me, and I will NOT claim their ideas as solely my own. What I am trying to say...is that we are all equal...we are ALL THAT special, and I hope every single one of you realizes that.
**BLUE ONES**
BITE ME.... :P

Hear, hear ! Very well put, Playmate............I feel honored to know you all as well. As exhilirating as the sport is, it's even more intense when we can share our thoughts and feelings with others of like mind.......
The "Dropzone.commers" Admirer

I was looking at the ads and I had to giggle -
"For Sale: Stefania Martinengo"
How much would you guys pay?

Hmmm (sounds of rummaging through house)... I have the following to trade:
My soul. Kinda tainted, make offer...
My new shiny red sports car
My Eosone / Velodyne / Sony ES home theatre
Did I mention my soul?
Some weird pictures of Pammi (uh-oh).
My nephew, siblings and parents as slave-laborers
A three-foot tall alien lamp
An autographed picture of Bob Barker (no, seriously...)
BUT I'M KEEPING THE RIG!
Kris
Can I get a FedEx tracking number on that?

We are all the same...JUMPERS

I'm with you freefly - I've never been into this "cult of personality" thing. People certainly deserve respect for their achievments, but not worship. I'll save the "worship" for great boobies!!! :)

Playmate well said!!
One of the things I like most about this sport is definately the people,, safety first,, fun second! Our DZ is little and the experianced jumpers are often on loads with guy's like me,, but they are always willing to teach,, I said in another post I biffed 2 jumps Sunday,, but they just laughed and said they've been there,, gave me pointers,, and said if your gonna blow a dive do it "BIG"!! I'm at the point I feel I need ta try the new stuff but don't want ta blow it for others paying for a jump,, so I really appreciate it when they take the time for me,, I feel motivated to do better ya know,, so cheers to Olav and friends,, showin us what is possible and how ta be humble,,, OH an Omri,, what the hell is that anyway!??
Be Safe,, Have Fun,, Sweet Dreams!!
B