Viking

What Container+Canopy do you jump?

My girl is a Mirage G3 M4. Used to house my saber 170 but I got rid of that and now she's sitting lonely at home waiting for her new canopy. Probably a Lotus 150.
Raven-M 181, Cypress and RSL (for now at least)
sheeeee's so sad and lllllooooonnely.

I have read all the responses and it almost sounds chinese to me :)Where would I go to read up on different types of parachutes and what kind of parachute I should look into once I am self-supervised. I am 6' 195 lbs.
I am also trying to figure out what wing-loading is and what all this does to performance etc etc. Basically I want to learn it all :)look forward to responses

If it ever arrives, I'll be jumping a reflex with a PD150 (9 cell) and (raven?) 120 reserve. I saw the reflex once for about 5 minutes, then had it shipped to fliteline systems to have a smaller harness installed... that was over 2 months ago and they (or whoever bought them) haven't touched it yet. I was told I'd have it back in at most 3 weeks, including the time for my rigger to assemble it all. Anyone have a used container that'll hold those canopies and fit a 5'4" guy that they wanna sell?

Talon 2, Hornet 190, Tempo 210, CYPRES.. Sometimes Spectre 150, Spinneto 150, or Crossfire 155.. I'll probably have a Cobalt soon, just waiting for my demo canopy to finalize my decision.. I haven't decided whether I should get a 150 or 135 Cobalt.. I'll demo the 150 then decide..
Mike

SkyDekker, I've been spending a lot of time on the web reviewing stuff, and there's a ton of info out there. But I think the best two site are:
http://www.uspa.org/ (download/print the SIM if you can)
http://www.afn.org/skydive/sta/ (pretty much covers whatever you want to know)
As for anything else, it doesn't get better than DZ.com for specific questions!
Hope that helps some. Would have linked these for you, but I haven't cracked that code yet. Quack

My primary rig is a new Javelin Odyssey(pre-PIA symposium!) RS (terribly small, fully articulated and with triple mini-risers); Tempo 120 reserve; Cobalt 75 main (also an 85. both are matching orange and blue, of course); and a cypres that I remove when I compete in pond swoop meets. This is the righteous little black with orange/blue stripes Jav that was shown in the "who's baby is it" a while back. It has "Skymonkey One" on the mudflap.
Chuck
Edited by SkymonkeyONE on 8/2/01 09:28 AM.

I jump a variety of rigs.
Most of the time I jump a SET 400 packed in a Dual Hawk with a Master 425 Reserve, RSL and Cypres.
Sometimes I jump a Talon 2 containing a Sabre 170, Amigo 172, Cypres, but no RSL.
My third rig is a 1985 Mirage containing a Super Nova 150, S.O.S. and an RSL.

DOM 1987 Racer w/Phantom 24' reserve. The main I own is a Raven III (249 sq ft), but the rig currently has a Cobalt 150 that I am demoing (hi, Av, I may make you wait another week!). No AAD, no RSL, no suicide links, no riser covers, velcro everywhere. Argh.
When I can afford it (post child, I would guess), it's being replaced with either an Odyssey or a Voodoo with either a Crossfire 149 or Cobalt 150. Can't wait!
Carl