have time!!!
Until next time...
Michael
Webmaster
[email protected]
www.Freefall.com

MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

.It seems the city of Q has been doing everything they can to make sureour little party doesn't happen again each time they caught wind of an airport that the
i dont get it why would they care if they arnt having it they should be happ y someonelse is picking it up so they dont get nasty emails and calls and shit let alone the bad name
personally it sounds to me like bullshit
(o):P(o) i got a iq of 189 so there :P

I inquired directly to the WFFC organizers, this was my prompt response, I deleted the name so that we can keep this confidential until they are ready to announce:
"Hello, Thanks for the inquiring thoughts, We are sooooooooooooo close to
signing our contract with our new host city. Please give us 12 more days and
we will be able to give you the location and all of the fun details."
Thanks and please stay in touch with us.
Take care,
Executive Director
WFFC

Hey all,
If we have 12 days left maybe we should put in our requests for this new site before they sign the contracts.
1. A private airport, so the city doesn't feel the need to send out 50 cops to protect us from ourselves, I mean when was the last time you felt the need for police protection at your dropzone or boogie to keep you safe? No offense skydiving officers, just leave the guns & badges at home.
2. Beer truck that stays open till sunrise at least. After all it's those 4am conversations around the keg that we solve all of skydivings problems, right???
ok, next person
Opie
If your not on the edge, you can't enjoy the view!

I have never been to any WFFC so I cannot attest to the quality of the event and the changes that happened in past years. One thing for sure, I can tell you my opinion based on press, stories, and rumors of the event in past years. I don't think the WFFC can afford another year of bad press like it got last year. I think any event will always have its naysayers, but with a new venue and the experience of the organizers, I'm sure they will take whatever measures necessary to make this years event better than last years. Let's just wait and see what they have to say.
-Rap

>I don't think the WFFC can afford another year of bad press like it got last year.
See, this is why I cringe when I hear people saying skydiving needs to be more mainstream, needs to be in the Olympics, everyone should try it. Wouldn't you rather hear nothing about the WFFC? Wouldn't it be nice to have the event go largely unnoticed by the police, the locals, the newspapers? To be just like any other large convention - a bunch of hotel rooms and big restaraunt recepits, but no big deal?
I agree we don't need any more bad press, but I don't think we need good press, either. I think skydiving does best when it is largely ignored by the "sane" people of the world. For the most part they're not going to understand it anyway.
-bill von

Hmmm, that's a very good point I nvever thought about it that way. If the local whuffos hadn't heard about it, they wouldn't have tried to crash the skydiver parties & the police wouldn't have felt the need to be there as much.
Speed Racer
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"

>-Guarantee- there will be a jet to jump and -maybe- I'll care.
>I seriously can't think of very many other reasons to go.
Really? I did the jet for three years (10 jumps altogether) but after the first year I could take it or leave it. Mainly I go for the people I see there - DJan, Winsor, Gary, Mary, Bonnie, Lisa, George, Bill H, and all the others there. When I organize, I usually take Otters, because I get more out of the skydive than the exit - although it's a lot of fun to watch someone's face when they are part of a successful 8-way chunk out of a Casa.
Have you been there before? If not, you may change your mind after spending a few days there.
-bill von

Mainly I go for the people

Which is an excellent point and brings up the obvious follow-on question: If there is no WFFC this year, what other boogies approach it in diversity and opportunity? I've done Byron and heard a lot about Lost Prairie, seen the Piros Boogie in Deland and did a couple of smaller Halloween/Thanksgving boogies, but if you just want to go and do big formations out of a variety of planes, what's the answer? Summerfest sounds good, but is that the only option? Anyone have personal favorites that focus on the skydiving and the people?
Just take it one day at a time, like the drunks do.
flyhi
B|

Easy there, I think you may have misconstrued my use of the word press, and I apologize for that. I agree we don't need "public" press. Press in which stories are written up in general publication. I meant, the WFFC doesn't need bad "internal" press. "Internal" press is referring to stories and letters in Parachutist, Skydiving, and on bulletin boards like this and others. Does that make sense? The general public does not read nor see these stories, but the skydiving community does. When a letter is published about how bad the event was, skydivers reading this bad "press" form opinions. Anyway, I would love to make it to a WFFC, so I'm hoping that this year is a good one. I hope you understand what I was trying to say better now.
-Rap

"We will all crash Chuck's trailer"
Good luck...after the first 8 people squeeze in the "Monkeybago" like one of those "How many people can you fit in a phone booth contests" It'll be pretty full. I'll go in first and then personally select all the hotties that get to join me.....:)"I only have 131 jumps, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

I'll go in first and thenpersonally select all the hotties that get to join me....

Just wonderful, NOW when I go for a free grope, I'll have to worry where clay is
Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Have you been there before? If not, you may change your mind after spending a few days there.

Nope. Never been there before, but I -want- to jump the jet!
Actually, just the concept of the WFFC scares the crap out of me. I'm more than willing to share the sky with lots of people, but . . .
I'd love to meet all the folks and hang out a bit, but I'm not really into the party all night thing. If I want to do that, I don't have to travel very far.
quade
http://futurecam.com

It's not as scarey as you might think it would be. I always ( except for a couple of landings ) landed in the outer landing areas instead of the main one between manifest and the loading tents. Just keep an eye on everyone around you. I was never really in a big crowd after opening til landing. If there's people there you know then you will have a great time.
:)Idiocy = Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Actually, just the concept of the WFFC scares the crap out of me. I'm more than willing to share the sky with lots of people, but . . .

Assuming it's at Quincy, It's really not that bad. There's one landing area in front of manifest that you want to avoid, but there's so many alternates. It's a three runway airport! When you add it up there's probably 60 or 70 acres of landing area, if you include the runway berms. Airconditioned trucks to come pick you up, too. This point is moot seing as it's probably not going to be at Quincy this year, but still. Unless things radically change this year it's nothing to be afraid of.
If landing was so hard, then the Skydive Chicagoland folkes probably wouldn't be doing aff there...
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999