skymama

Sappy kid story

My two kids were arguing at dinner tonight. Normally, that would drive me crazy. But tonight, they were arguing about which one of them was more like me, like that was a good thing! It's great being the cool parent. :D
And, my son (age 10) can't wait until he can do a tandem, but my daughter (age 13) has been totally against skydiving the whole time I've been doing. So when she said that tonight, I said, "wait a minute, if you want to be like me then you'll have to skydive." She shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes and replied, "well, it looks like it's going to be a part of my life, so I might as well try it." YES!!!
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

haha, Lisa, 2 aren't that bad, it just takes a little more organization. I have a friend who has 4 kids and wonder how she does it...everytime you turn around, there's another kid in the room!
Andrea

there's another kid in the room!

did you say in the womb?:)like BYTCH said enjoy while it lasts. i dont have kids but i put my mother through hell. it was bitch raising her to be cool. i hadda keep at it. y'know! im proud to say know after all the years of my bro and I training her, she's pretty cool:)getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

If we teach the little en's to arch into swimming pools, with dummy rigs until they were 4yrs old and then stoped, do you think this will build in a need for speed when they got older?.
I'd like to try, besides, kids are naturals in water, or would this be cruel?????
"Skydiving's a source, it'll change your life, swear to God"

I'd like to try, besides, kids are naturals in water, or would this be cruel?????

i guess that depends on how far you drop them from.haha. um do they enjoy doing it?if so it's not cruel!
getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

Hehehe......
My son keeps telling me that he wants to be the world's youngest packer, I guess I'll have to tell him that there's some STIFF competition out there....
Just last nite after I was finished hugging them for an hour (well I hadn't seen them for 4 days) That nike commercial with the base jumper came on TV and my daughter looks at me and says, "That's you Papa"
God I love my kids....
Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Andrea, I can only hope that my little one will look up to me the way yours do to you. :)

If we teach the little en's to arch into swimming pools

:D I have already done this with my nephews. I have a pic at home that I will scan in of my 3 yr old nephew practicing his arch in the pool with his lifejecket on. It's so cute!
Tee

Tee, just wait until your baby throws his/her arms around you for the first time and gives you a big hug-it's the best feeling! Your life is going to change in so many ways, and all for the better. The unconditional love you get from a kid is so great.
The best advice I can give you is to make sure you discipline your child from early on (nobody likes a brat!), but do it in a way that they know that no matter how much they screw up, that you still love them.
Andrea

The best advice I can give you is to make sure you discipline your child from early on (nobody likes a brat!), but do it in a way that they know that no matter how much they screw up, that you still love them.

Thanks Andrea....advice is ALWAYS welcome. :)Tee