freebird

Exercise

Thats hard work...I jog for an hour 3 times a week...I used to 5 times aweek but too busy with school and work and getting my rig together. Im jumping tomorrow morning for the first time since December........with a coach to get me acclimated to the freefall enviorment again.........Exercise helps with my jumping I think.....and the regular stress of life...
The longer you wait ........the more sense you get.

Morning stretches every day I jump and when I remember.
1 hour of aerobic kick boxing Monday and Wednesday evenings. I try to get in an hour of bicycling on Thursday or Friday (2 hours this Thursday).
Since it is raining today, I will settle for doing push-ups, sit-ups, stretching, etc in the loft.
Stretching helps this 44 year old guy skydive like someone much younger. I can still do more tandems per day than most of the local guys half my age.
Aerobic exercise helps blow off day to day stress.

just started a program at the gym. i was taking karate classes a couple or three times a week, but it wasn't enough cardio, so i switched. 3 hours of cardio with an hour of weights on alternate days, fridays off. just started though, so i still look like a 6 ' 200 lb marshmallow! not really, but i can use the exercise for sure. being a unix admin doesn't work up much of a sweat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bunky
get crazy, before it gets you.

I am getting back in the pool after two years out. I used to be able to swim the 50 yard Freestyle in like 25-24 secs now i can barely get in under 30 >:( also i used to do the 100 yard butterfly with no problem, now i can only make it to the 50 yard mark. Pretty sad.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

I run three times a week ranging from 3-5 miles each time. Try to keep about a 7 minute pace. Also, lift weights and do some muscular endurance exercises three times a week. Try not to stay in the gym more than an hour each time. I feel alot better when I run and work out regularly.

Why does Aggiedave's post remind me of different definitions of meditation?
Female meditation: lotus position beside a quiet lake. Eyes closed, deep breathing exercise. "ommmmm"
Male meditation: laying on a bench, breathing heavily, face all contorted, struggling to lift a large piece of scrap iron.

I don't "exercise" as in going to a gym regularly, but I bike to work, which seems to serve the same purpose. Seems a little pointless to drive to and from work (4 miles) then to and from a gym (another 4 miles) just to get on a stationary bike and waste all that energy.
-bill von

Stretching helps this 44 year old guy skydive like someone much younger

Regular exercise just helps me keep up with those younger guys. Some of them take a pretty good pounding and just keep going. Now I seem to "feel" some of the bad jumps more.
:::OK, Canopy is Open, No Traffic Around, .. Why are these "Extra" Lines Draping Down??, Damn!

I was running about 6 miles a week and doing kick boxing on off days from beginning of summer to the beginning of winter. I think I get the mid winter blues. I wish I could bike or run to work/school, but that would be 20 miles each way. I do A LOT of walking at school, but that doesn't count. I am starting some sort of dance aerobics class with my friend for the summer--that should be a lot of fun. Now that spring is here, I can run again too. I love the way a long run makes me feel. It clears my head--de-stresses me,and it is wierd how you can go on much further than you thought you could.
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

"Why does Aggiedave's post remind me of different definitions of meditation?
Female meditation: lotus position beside a quiet lake. Eyes closed, deep breathing exercise. "ommmmm"
Male meditation: laying on a bench, breathing heavily, face all contorted, struggling to lift a large piece of scrap iron."
and then of course there is always the

Advanced
Meditation
Aggie
Skydiving &
Loving
Every
Evening
Partying
Technique
Cya
D
Cya
D

I stretch a little before I jump. Then I do some vigorous cardio just before exit. Follow that with vigorous set of pull ups on my risers. End the day with numerous twelve ounce curls. One day I might try and add in some horizontal fishing to the routine late at night. :)"It's all about the BOOBIES!"

I'll bet my beer belly can whip anybody's out there...

two points -- first, it is not a beer belly, it is a beer-powered fall rate enhancer; and second, I doubt you can beat mine -- too many years have gone into this enhancer to be second place!