HeatherB

Bizarre thoughts while jumping?

"Oh cool, there's a truck driving down the road" Focusing on that truck caused me to have one of my infamous low pulls....
Other than that, i do think about how hot the guys are i'm jumping with....especially when i'm jumping with FallingMarc!!:)"It's hard to be anal retentive when you don't have an anus"

On the tandem I did a few weeks ago...
"Am I really still attached to this guy?" I realised I've taken the security of my own parachute for granted.
That and "boy, I'd like to jump her...." ;)
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

"gee, I am falling really fast towards this really hard surface"
looking what I thought was far distance below at a jumper still in freefall as I am at 3k and deploying....
"ummm, you can pull NOW!"
"Shit, thats not right!" [looking back at PC in tow]
thoughts directly thereafter....
"dammit, this is not happening my first reserve ride on my first jump on my new rig the spot was long hopefully I can make it back shit here goes look red reach red look sil...[main bag comes off back and deploys]....fukin A WooHooYeahBaby that was close!"
Amazing what you can think of in a matter of a couple seconds. Would have owed lots of beer for that one too.

When falling through ice

LOL, I have to say, that thought has NEVER occured to me! But, I think that's because I live in FL. :P Actually, last weekend it was more like, "thank God I'm out of that Skyvan, I thought I was going to sweat to death!"
Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

Why is Scotty hitting me? :D
Another time, I tossed, didn't feel anything, looked up and saw a twisted up ball of s#$% above me. I thought "Aw CRAP! I don't wanna have to chase this friggin' cutaway main". Just as I reached for the handles it opened and I kicked out the line twists. :D
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Who are all these extra people???
Did I forget to give a count?
Why am I revving the engine up on this thing (okay, not really part of a skydive; but still frickin weird to rev up an ATV at the back of a casa)
I cheat at "I Never", Euchre, pool, prcp's; am I missing anything?

man im glad im outta that plane that pilot was crazy

Oh man, that reminds me of another one.
One time I drank too much the night before and was way, way hung over. As in lying on the couch until 20 minute call and hurling so bad in the bathroom that the guy next to me yelled over the stall "You gonna be OK?"
Good think I hurled before I got on the plane, 'cause the entire ride up I'm thinking I'm going to hurl again. All I'm thinking is "Just make it to the ground, just make it to the ground..." I get outside the door and go and my first thought was "AAAHHHHH.... man, that fresh air feels good!" :D
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."