DiegoNewDiver

My first Jump

Well, made my first jump yesterday. Decided to go AFF then Static or Tandem. It was the greatest ride of my life. I go for level 2 one month from 5/4/02. I cant wait. This is the greatest thrill I have ever experienced. Had the greatest remark made to me and I will never forget it "Welcome to the Sky." Means a lot to me seeing as how I am afraid of heights. Have fun!!!

Blue Skies! congrats and welcome to the best sport there is. At first you will wait one month then you will wait a couple of weeks then you will do it every day you can, best drug there is and its all natural!
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid?"
drenaline

Picture Caption "Hmmmm....I know I left that handle back there somewhere.." :)Congrats on the first jump!!! Don't wait any longer than you have to in between jumps. Your muscle memory will fade if you wait too long. Welcome....prepare to be broke! The more money you make, the more you jump....:)"It's all about the BOOBIES!"

If you have any ideal websites shoot them to me

UUUUmmmmm.....this one? Seriously...look through the "Safety and Training" forums and the safety articles (Button on the top of the screen) Read the gear and rigging and just about everything else on this site. Lots of good info that should keep you busy for a long time. Knowledge is power.
"It's all about the BOOBIES!"

jump as often as you can until you are off student status

Jump as often as you can even when you're off student status!LOL! Seriously, the quicker you can advance through AFF the better (and safer) you'll be! You want to stay very current at this stage in your skydiving career, and practice your emergency procedures a lot (even when not jumping)!
Blue Skies,
G. Jones
"Why don't they have a light bulb that only shines on things that are worth looking at?"

Jump as often as you can even when you're off student status!LOL! Seriously, the quicker you can advance through AFF the better (and safer) you'll be! You want to stay very current at this stage in your skydiving career, and practice your emergency procedures a lot (even when not jumping)!
Blue Skies,
G. Jones
"Why don't they have a light bulb that only shines on things that are worth looking at?"

Blue Skies,
G. Jones

Got the hiccups, ZZ? ROFL....
Deigodiver, you can read this two ways - EVCZZ really really means what he says about practicing the emergency procedures, and staying current, or something else...not sure what...;)
Ciels and Pinks-
Michele
If you really want to, you can seize the day; if you really want to, you can fly away...
~enya~

Means a lot to me seeing as how I am afraid of heights. Have fun!!!

Me too :) I think you'll find quite a few skydivers afraid of heights ;)
Congrats for being brave enough for giving it a shot! We're all glad you loved it enough to continue!
Pam
'Nuthin

That first jump looked so good, I thought it was the Airspeed 3-way team. As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with Clay

Don't wait any longer than you have to in between jumps. Your muscle memory will fade if you wait too long. Welcome....prepare to be broke! The more money you make, the more you jump....

Get out and do it often. Remember, as long as there are convenience stores, you never have to be broke.:o
flyhiB|

Dont wait a month. The more you jump in a day, and the more often you jump, the faster your learning curve progresses. Congrats on making your first jump, though. Enjoy the sport!!!
----------
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he doesn't exist!"

You are right about heights. I will throw myself out of the plane, but I won't climb a ladder. Scares the shit out of me. :) Well, really it's not that bad. Skydiving definitly eased my fear of heights.
----------
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he doesn't exist!"

I recently (2 weeks ago) made my first jump as well made my second that day. Went back the next weekend made 2 more and am headed back for more this weekend looking to make my last PRCP and first hop and pop and probably more. I'm alread broke and loving every minute of it