Spy38W

Weekend Numbers

:)Damned Florida summers, it's raining all day. My alarm clock went off this morning, and I heard a thunderstorm outside my window... doh. Oh well, training a new diverdriver for the dropzone this week so I get to do some free jumps
1.) First speed dive
2.) First rodeo
--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

Spouse out of town/4/0
Pair of Kings got winded out at Byron, so I drove up to Davis. Still pretty windy there, but not bad for a Byron jumper, plenty of love. Did 2 freefly jumps with Keith Wyatt (I just love a chance to jump with the Big Dogs) and 2 with my buddy Matt. Love the big door on the Caravan, but slow to altitude

14 packages of Ramen purchased:2 (on Wed):0
Stupid winds, stupid clouds, stupid studying when I'm not even in school, stupid Bank One for thinking I have no money. This is not conducive to jumping.
Oh well. I got to make a nifty rw jump with scottbre. I also tried out that freeflying thing again! (But, I'm still just a freeflier in denial.)
At least the bars are keeping me entertained: I found my new favorite mixed drink (Smurf Piss), stupid boy finally admitted he was a jackass, my grandma finally saw Harry's and Triple X, and I had lotsa free drinks!
You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life

20 minutes late for work as I type this:0:0.
No jumping next weekend either. BUT, June 8th is "A License Day." If the weather is good and a plane is running, I'll be down at Archway that Friday afternoon. Otherwise I'll be down Friday night to camp out for the packing class on Saturday.
--
Brian

3 hours at the spa:1:0
and one new rig order being faxxed this week.
rainy weather here crapped out the day. s'ok though, I just packed for my trip to cross keys. watch out new jersey, i'm back for 5 days of debauchery.....
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

4 days at Eloy:18:7?
Did 5 17 ways on Thursday, 6 23 ways on Friday, 4 40-something ways and an 87 way on Saturday and 2 80 ways today.
Firsts - first jump outside the state of California, first jump at Eloy, first dive bigger than a 36 way, first four plane formation, first opening hard enough to break two lines which slapped me in the face and torque the hell out of my back, first time landing a canopy with two broken lines, first time sitting out two jumps on a big way camp...
and I'm sure there's something else I'm forgetting....
pull & flare,
lisa
If I can't have everything, well, then just give me a taste...

1 (got off watching Detroit kick Colorado's ass) : 2 : 0
Got invited to swoop SkymonkeyOne's tandem jump, but got low and couldn't get back up. I was climbing all over that beach ball, too.....:(
You shoulda seen the girl that was strapped onto his lap.....WOW ! When I grow up, I wanna be a tandem master....:)Don

16 (number of times i wanted to smack Andyman):4:1
Went to Archway on Saturday to meet up with Canopy Cuddler, FallinWoman, Skymedic, Andyman and Jabelin79. Joe broke the King Air but Skydive Chicago bailed us out and sent down one of their super otters within an hour of calling them!! Damn that is one rockin plane. Super fast climb to altitude and so comfy. Proving again that benches don't belong in otters!! I took Joe(Jabeln79) out on a reverse rodeo, got to meet Carrie the necklace lady from groundrush.com, and had an awesome weekend!! Damn that Vallerina for blowing us off....:)"And to those who have seen it, it's a true work of art"

nada: 6: 6
Got to take a Sabre-2 150 (loaded at 1.4) for a spin for the first time..the change from the 170 to the 150 was not nearly as drastic as I remember the change from a 190 to a 170 back about a year ago.
Stood up all but one of the landings ( the PLF'd one was an intentional downwind in light winds, to get a feel for how fast the canopy can go when stuck with a downwinder - it boogies fast, with a bit more practice at it, I think I might be able to bleed off more speed to shorten the trench I dug from 25 feet to down under 10 ;)).
One of the guys had box seat tickets to the concert festival thing in Chicago - Kid Rock, Zwan, and a few other vague acts - got asked to tag along. Kid Rock had a slew of girls from the Playboy channel swinging and grinding away in cages on stage, more entertaining than the rest of his act :)

times I failed my practice pull 4:7:1 for real plus lots of unofficial
Oh yeah! I can't imagine a better weekend! The Big One, first ever freefall. Also first time judging my own flare, first time off radio, first really windy canopy flight - had me going backwards, that was unnerving - first time owing beer... shant go on but I know I could find more firsts. Made such a tangle of my lines on landing that it took three packers 20minutes to figure it out. Highest jump yet. Finally feel comfortable hanging from the strut.
I don't think life can get much better than hanging out at the DZ with such an awesome group of people and jumping and jumping and jumping...

50-60 feet, length of the skid marks of my downwind swoop:7:who cares since I rarely pay the beer debt.
Last load of today, low winds, intended to crosswind it for practice, but got stuck downwinding it, put the feet down unloading the canopy and got the shoes totally covered in grass stains.
Jumping in hail yesterday was a real treat too. Then there was the nice 50 degree high temperatures in the middle of May....
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

1 speeding ticket (on the way to the DZ!) avoided by crying:1:0
One nice sit jump. I'd forgotten that big freefly to-do was this weekend at San Marcos. I met nacmacfeegle, ramon AND levin, and saw a bunch of my old homeys from Skydive Dallas. :)

0:3:1
No Humps: 3 Jumps: 1 Case (For First Jump at this DZ)
It rained all day Saturday.:(
Went to Skydive Boston Providence today and made three jumps after picking up my rig from it's reserve repack and cleaning. Looks like new! Met some of the experienced jumpers at the dz and we did a 4 Way RW, 8 Way RW and a 6 Way RW. The weather was beautiful but still a little cold compared to Florida! Good to get in the air again but I wish I could of jumped more.