Spy38W

Weekend Numbers

Got a newbie question for y'all....next weekend I'm making my AFF 7 jump and hopefully, after that, my first solo. Is that gonna be a case? Don't get me wrong, if it is tradition and it involves beer, I'm all for it. But if I'm not supposed to buy, I'd rather spend that money on another jump. Thanks for the help.
Blue Skies,
Oz

0:2:2!!!!! I got to JUMP! Had so much fun. Waited (unlike all the hundred jump wonders) for the wind to die down, and had SOOOOOO much fun!!!! YIPPEE!!!
Peace~
Lindsey
you can live in happiness too, like the oompa loompa dooba de do....

0:0:0
Went to the dz Saturday to try my "new" canopy -- after seeing video persons going "I really am not looking forward to this" and TMs going "This isn't a lot of fun", I decided i would wait until normal wind conditions returned to FL. Thought I'd try Palatka with their $10 jumps today on my birthday, but woke up to high winds and rain.:o
"Welcome to Sunny Florida" my ass!:P

Got a newbie question for y'all....next weekend I'm making my AFF 7 jump and hopefully, after that, my first solo.

When in doubt - buy beer. (or is that when in doubt - whip it out.. I always get those screwed up)
Ok, so seriously - most dzs aren't real strict on the beer rules. It's not really supposed to be a burden - if you want to celebrate an accomplishment with like-minded individuals, buy a case and share it. Welcome to the sky.
You don't scare me! I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!!

1 big ass pink floyd poster expertly mounted on the wall above my bed:3 (wednesday. Got to jump with some cutie DZ.com girl, and helped search for a baglock cutaway that happened to a girl I was on sunset load with):0
Turn off the world before you come to bed.

Ok, appartently you guys needed to be at Archway this weekend....perfect weather.....super otter from Chicago...
Number of times my dog pooped gravel 1: 14 : 2
I had possibly the best skydiving weekend of my LIFE!!!!!
Fourteen jumps, all awesome.....
Cases: one for jump number 200, one for my first kiss pass (thanks medic!!!!)
Ok, the tension knot in my steering line sucked....but everything else about my jumps ROCKED!!!! I even did a tandem this morning...I loved landing and then making a five minute call cuz I am still packed. Although it was weird not to have a parachute on my back!
Anne

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got a newbie question for y'all....next weekend I'm making my AFF 7 jump and hopefully, after that, my first solo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was my understanding after you are off student status and licensed is when the beer should start to flow.
Blue Skies Black Death

0:16:1(keg)
Great weather awsome jumps
1rst:
entered first spam accuracy contest
won both divisions of above ( sorry Andy couldnt let you beat me)
first reverse rodeo ( thanks sunshine)
got my C license
first 10 jump day
first 4-way head down train
im sure i left some out but what a weekend
Blue Skies
Joe
"Knowledge is the antidote to fear."
--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Average Speed on the way to the DZ 98mph:14:4
I made the road trip down to Archway, met up with FallinWoman, CanopyCudler, Jablen67, Skymedic and Sunshine.
We got lucky when the King Air died. (structural failure = bad). Skydive Chicago bailed us out with one of their 10 minute otters.... WooHoo!
14 jumps over the two days, one of which scored me second place in the Spam Accuracy contest. I had first place nailed with a near perfect drop, until jabeln67 made a last second drop in the third round to beat me by one point. Because of time constraints, I had to sit out the 4th round.
Firsts:
1) First time jumping at Vandalia.
2) First high speed down-wind landing on the stiletto at 1.5. (20 mph wind)
3) First time in a SPAM dropping contest.
4) First time placing in a skydiving competition.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Can't be worse then the video from SDC last summer of me and Trevor fliping from head down to belly and tracking around this silver thing. Even with a wideangle lens you can tell it was an American Airlines airplane. As we get to level with it you can count the windows on it almost....
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Can't be worse then the video from SDC last summer of me and Trevor fliping from head down to belly and tracking around this silver thing. Even with a wideangle lens you can tell it was an American Airlines airplane. As we get to level with it you can count the windows on it almost

I've seen that video, and this one is SO much worse. The md-80 flew right between two groups.
unknown skydiver: what was it?
Gary Peek: It was silver, it was close, and it was FUCKING BIG! (emphasis his).
The King Air has some significant flap damage. I imagine it should be an easy fix, but it also suggests that perhaps the plane should be inspected a bit closer.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

1:1:1
first plf on taxiway..... damn winds changed directions on me at 75 feet.. drifted me right over the nice unforgiving pavement... crosswind landings are going to be so much much fun!!!
hisgoofyness
"kind of like a cloud, i was up.. way up in the sky..." nine inch nails

Wow, I finally have weekend numbers!
2 (number of times I threw up last night..good to know eh?):1:0
Finally got back in the air!! Yahoo! Well, had two jumps back in February, but hop n' pops, so no real skill practice. Then December before that. All the way up freefall in pretty blue skies, 70 degrees, soft winds Saturday. I forgot how much student gear sucks, though! Heavy and leaves bruising. DZO at OSC let us use the gear because Merrick's container isn't supposed to be here until today hopefully, and my reserve wasn't in yet. Then he and mother-in-law took care of each of our jumps too (late b-day and farewell gifts)!!
Gawd it's good to be back up. Glad the flu didn't hit until Sunday evening!
'Nuthin

15 (Difference in size between the demo they sent me and the one they are going to fix;)): 3: 0

Wind and clouds bit the big one this weekend. It's a bitch when you do an "aggressive riser turn" and just stop. That, my friend, is big wind.
flyhiB|

Yeah right!!!:7:3
What a kick ass weekend!!!!!!! If I had just gotten laid it would have been perfect in every way. Oh well....can't have everything....:D Let me see.....First jump with my new camera. It works great and takes awesome stills to boot. I'll post some of the sunset pics I took Saturday when I get home tonight. They are really good. First Spaceball jump!!!!!! It was so freakin cool. I flew perfectly.....just hangin out on the outside of the jump shooting video of the guys doing transitions around it. Did I mention that was too cool!!! BTW...that was my 200th jump!!!!!!!!!!! Top speed on the spaceball jump per a Pro Track...260 MPH!!! Thats nice and comfy for me. I also shot my first tandem video. That didn't work out so good...LOL. I got awesome footage of the exit. Went Head Down as they were doing flips.....they bellyed out and deployed the drogue. That was the last time I was level with them. :)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"