skybytch

work? nah... whales and dolphins!

I was a bad girl; I blew off work today... Instead, I joined a few friends from the dz and went for a "three hour tour" out on the Pacific Ocean on my bosses boat. :)It was a fantastic day! We were only 5 or 6 miles out when we spotted several Blue Whales - a couple of which were only about 60 feet from the boat. Awesome sight.
Then we found these guys (see attached pic) - dolphins! I swear there were a thousand of them! They seemed to really enjoy swimming with the boat, especially up by the bow. Pretty incredible to see them jumping out of the water all around us - we even saw a couple of babies jumping out right next to an adult.
I've lived in California my whole life and until today I'd never been out on the ocean (other than "harbor cruises" that never entered open water). What a great day! :)pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

Hi Lisa,
Sounds like your having a great time...I go to uni here in Australia...just had my last exam and about to do a couple of freefly jumps at Wollongong...I'm going to the U.S at the end of the year...might run into you at one of the dropzones.
Nigel

So, were you successful in your attempts to catch them in some old tuna nets or are you just going to stick to clubbing baby seals? ;)
That's cool, I wish I could see something like that, but I guess that means I'd have to go to the West Coast...
Aerials
So up high
When you free your lives (the) eternal prize

sweet pictures musta been a great day

I've lived in California my whole life and until today I'd never been out on the ocean (other than "harbor cruises" that never entered open water). What a great day!

I know how you feel! I'm Italian, grew up in N.Y. and still never had to hide a body!:S
Have fun, Live free, SKYDIVE!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtval100

Yeah, Southern California is a great place if you cna get away from the concrete.
My most vivid memories of SoCal are kayaking in San Diego harbor - same seals, different bouy. ...... climbing Mount San Jacinto and running along New Port Beach. Oh, and a day sail out of Marina del Rey.

Very cool. I was in the Outer Banks once and there was a sand bar off the coast. Water got up just to the top of my head then started shallowing out again. Could go all the way out to the sandbar and stand on it about a half mile out from the beach. Was standing on it and a school of hundreds of porpoises swam by a couple feet away on the seaward side fo the sand bar....it took almost a half hour for all of them to pass. Amazing.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin