PLFXpert

WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE?

Jack, THAT IS AWESOME. I've always thought you guys were cute but I had NO IDEA you'd been together 34 years! It's relationships like yours that give me hope. Being a child of divorce, obviously I NEVER want to have that happen. I hope in 32 years, BZ and I will be celebrating our 34th!

Congrats!

Thought of a few more.

I'm storing an incredible amount of useless Chevrolet Camaro trivia (examples - did you know they made more first generation Camaro Z28's than they did first generation Camaros with the 250 c.i. straight 6? Did you know they made more first generation RS/SS Camaros than they did first generation Camaros with front bench seats?)

I've raised an awesome kid. With no help from his sperm donor.

My desk at work must be kept neat and tidy or I can't function. My car and house are disaster areas.

***I'm storing an incredible amount of useless Chevrolet Camaro trivia ***

My first car was a 71 SS. I eventually got a 350 in there with about 375 HP. It had 2.71 gear in the back and a fairly highly geared TH-400 trans. I never found out what the actual top speed was. I do know it was pretty far in excess of 160 though. I used to love to race Mustangs on I-85/285. I raced a BMW M3 once. Heheheee....He only lasted about 10 miles until something blew up and poured smoke out the back!!! What fun......B| He could only do about 145 anyway. Not much of a challenge......

1> I value my solitarity.
2> I don't make friends quickly, but those I do make I keep for a long time(have one friendship going on 17 years now).
3> I snack on dry cheerios, eating handfulls straight out of the box when I get the munchies. I've probably gone through 2 boxes a week for the past 25 years.
4> I sent 7 years in college but never graduated.
5> I have problems learning human languages, but know 10-15 computer ones and can learn them just by reading them.
6> I'm pretty laid back. Life type things that stress everyone else I know just don't matter to me. It's all about the Big Picture.

What's funny is that as I read through a lot of what makes others unique, I keep saying to myself "me too!" So much for uniqueness! But we all have our own styles. Me?........

1. I absolutely ABHOR shopping

2. I think about sex more often than most guys (many of my horniest male friends are astounded by this!)

3. No gag reflex (that's right boys!)

4. Was never able to do the splits my entire life until 2 years ago when I started skydiving and saw a freestyle video and decided I HAD to be able to do that someday. Now can do full splits!!!!

5. Remarkably fast healing powers!

6. VERY clean and neat (can't even take a shower in the morning without making the bed first!) but don't inflict my rules on others

7. Can't stand any cologne or perfume for more than 30 seconds

8. Have a very close friendship with all of my siblings (3 of em) and both parents as well... don't believe in family feuds

9. Graduated college summa cum laude

10. In the course of 2 years have gone from a married-black-and-neutrals-clad-wallflower to a spunky-single-bright-colored-hawaiian-short-shorts-wearing-happy-go-lucky-skydiver!

Dove, very cool! We have some things in common:

#2. ME TOO! A dirty mind is terrible thing to waste.

#5. Sort of. I wouldn't say I heal remarkaby fast but I have a remarkably high pain tolerance.

#6. ME TOO! Except when I get up to shower, my boy-toy is still in bed so I make it as soon as he gets up. I'm a clean and organizational freak, but like you, I don't force my preferences on others.

#9. CONGRATS!!! We don't have this one in commong but I just wanted to say congrats. I'll be graduating college in December but it's not suma cum anything:P.

Yea, it's funny how many people on here agreed w/ me not liking chocolate. 99% of people I mention that too, look at me in utter shock:o. My favorite candy is REESE'S PIECES! Sugary peanut butter in a candy shell....mmmmmmmm...and I require a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream every day. I buy the tubs of it at Sams. Ha ha ha.

Hmmm...what makes me unique...

I moved out at 16 and married a few months later, just after my 17th birthday. Divorced 2 years later after he left me and our child. Married again to a man I thought I could 'help fix'...had a son who nearly died but had heart surgery and is wonderful now. Divorced when it was obvious he was unfixable.

Met Merrick online. Fell madly in love long before we met, gave up on talking him into meeting me in person, then he did. Moved in 6 months later. Am insanely happy.

I get very nervous riding with anyone driving but myself.

I'm very shy in the beginning, but often surprise people later.

I'm very big into 'trying things', anything and everything I can think of, at least once. It's given me some really fantastic experiences, some not so fantastic and at least a few that only Merrick knows that I ever did.

I'm extremely loyal to my friends and family, and expect the same in return.

I love hot sauce and/or salsa on just about everything, I'm learning to brew my own beer.

I love snakes, hate bugs.

I'll talk about anything. You ask, I'll tell, no biggie. I can't think of a single 'mistake' I've made in my life, just learning experiences. My kids know I'll do the same for them. They've asked, trust me. I'm always honest.

I *hate* liers. Merrick could cheat and admit it and have a better chance at getting away with it then if he lied to me about it. THAT I wouldn't forgive.

Oh, and I used to be a very big girl. Not a little big, VERY big ;)

That's all I can think of...nothing too big. *shrug*

Hmm, what makes me unique? Depends who I'm around I guess. Around most of my friends, well, I skydive and I fly planes. I own a pink parachute (well, it's mostly black, but the pink kinda stands out), and at school last year I had 3 keys on my keychain. One for my apartment, one for my bedroom in my apartment, and one for my flying club's Cessna 172.

Around skydivers, hmmm. Thats a tough one. I'm a bit smaller than the average skydiver... 5'4", 120 lbs (ok, thats with my weight vest on). I'm good with computers. Yesterday I took a break from packing my chute to give tech support to a friend over the phone (which i failed miserably). I'm also pretty good with photoshop. Nobody that's seen any of my work will let me within 10 miles of any picture of them. Dunno what they're so afraid of... :P.

Dave

Wow, Pammi....awesome...I never would have guessed a lot about you. That is what is cool about this thread.

I'll talk about anything. You ask, I'll tell, no biggie. I can't think of a single 'mistake' I've made in my life, just learning experiences.

I believe this, too. I always say I have no regrets b/c, at the time, whatever I did is what I wanted to do. You learn and you grow. You wouldn't be who you are today had you not done the things you did.
That's what I always say.

There is one situation in my life that I put myself in that caused me a LOT of trouble at the time. I allowed myself to be vulnerable and payed a price. However, looking back, I definitely don't feel sorry for myself or dwell on what happened b/c, had it not happened, I might not have ever become a skydiver. It sounds like a twisted turn of events but I was very depressed for a year and locked myself in my room at college and shut myself off from the world. I still made great grades in school, worked and planned for my future, but I just basically did not want to be around people. In class I would sit far away and my business was as a swim instructor so I only had to deal w/ children. Finally, I just said, "f*ck this, I'm jumping out of a plane and getting my life back together and whatever happens, happens." By this time, only my best friend since K-grade was still my friend, so of course, I showed up to the DZ by myself and didn't know anyone all through my AFF b/c I could only come on weekdays since I worked on weekends, back then. My instructor commended me and said he never had a student that came alone, everyone he taught had started w/ a friend. I replied to him there is nothing to commend and that I was just doing something to move on in my life. Not only did I fall in love w/ skydiving, I fell in love w/ a skydiver and skydivers in general. I now have a family at my DZ, I have someone (my boyfriend) who knows everything I've been through and still loves me, and I have a sport that relaxes me and helps me get away from the stresses of everyday life. Skydiving is, quite literally, the best thing to ever happen in my life.;)

Geez, I hate explaining myself.

Nope, didn't start skydiving for much of a reason other than skydiving. As I said, I've been involved in extreme sports my whole life. I had always meant to try skydiving b/c I'd been good on every other board, why not try a skyboard. That year that I shut myself off from people, I pretty much put all my plans to skydive and everything else on hold. Then I met a woman named Rena at my car insurance place. She is a skydiver and talked to me about a trip to Thailand she had made during the summer that, that thing, happened. I thought to myself, "damn, that was the summer I wanted to try skydiving and it's been a year." So, that's when I said, "f*ck this, I"m getting my life back together and whatever happens, happens."

i find that when there is someone near you that you don't want to speak to, or there is some one coming towards you and there is about to be one of those - do i 1)stop and speak to them and chat inane bullshit for a minute, endure a painful silence whilst you think of what to say, then say see ya later or 2)just flash an eyebrow and keep walking - i like to get out my mobile phone and pretend that someone has rung me and begin a fake conversation so that they don't interrupt you - then the eyebrow flash will do - situation avoided. the wonders of technology!

You read my message, wrong. I didn't need to prove, shit to myself. I've been involved in extreme sports my whole life and there's pretty much nothing I think I can't do. I started skydiving to start a new life for myself, not to prove anything.

Gee Carrie, As I remember it you were pretty psyched up afterwards.;)
My photos

My Videos

Hell yea! I was stoked and SUPER relaxed! I knew I would enjoy skydiving, I just didn't know I'd LOVE it so much.

Hell yea I remember telling Keith that "this is gonna make me broke like a mutha fuka!"
My photos

My Videos

2. I think about sex more often than most guys (many of my horniest male friends are astounded by this!)

3. No gag reflex (that's right boys!)

4. Was never able to do the splits my entire life until 2 years ago when I started skydiving and saw a freestyle video and decided I HAD to be able to do that someday. Now can do full splits!!!!

9. Graduated college summa cum laude

My kind of lady ;)

Rhino