PLFXpert

WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE?

I guess what makes me abnormal (but, probably not unique)

-My ideas on relationships (in short, they never work! The longest I've dated someone is 6 weeks!)
-I was the only girl to get a Statistics degree from Purdue in 2002 (it's not a big major...I think there were only 20-30 guys with one)
-My grandma is one of my best friends

That's all I can think of for now. Guess I'm not too unique. Oh well.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Umm....Val, you're unique cause you're the only person i know who is obsessed with cotton candy machines.

I can't believe you forgot about your one true uniqueness....why fear the bonus lane??????
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

>That's all I can think of for now. Guess I'm not too unique. Oh well.

Of all the things to worry about in your life, I think you can stop worrying about not being unique. I don't know of anyone else who made an "I dream of Jeanie" costume to jump the helicopter.

1. I'm obsessed with the Home and Garden channel on TV.
2. I used to go to Japanese animation conventions until I realized I couldn't stand other anime fans.
3. I work for an eccentric multimillionaire inventor developing new lighting technology.
4. I'm working on a coffee table photo book on partying in Los Angeles.
5. My office is in the dungeon of a mansion high in the Hollywood hills. To get to my desk, one must open the secret bookcase, travel down stone stairs lit by torches, go through chains, walk past the torture devices and Heironymus Bosch paintings, and open a curtain painted with the face of Nosferatu.
6. My favorite food is plain yogurt.
7. I once went on a road trip with a narcoleptic co-driver.
8. My mother wouldn't let me ski as a kid because of my total lack of coordination. Now I snowboard, ride a sportbike, and skydive.
9. I had my thumb traumatically amputated in a freak shopping cart accident (it was reattached).
10. I nearly killed myself by hitting a tree on a sled at high speed.
11. I went on Win Ben Stein's Money, but didn't win his money.
12. My only car accident ever was on the way to the DMV to take my license test.

>2. I used to go to Japanese animation conventions until I realized I
> couldn't stand other anime fans.

I once made the mistake of going to a science fiction convention because it looked interesting. Won't make that mistake again.

>3. I work for an eccentric multimillionaire inventor developing new
> lighting technology.

Now that's odd - I used to do that, and I worked for a guy who could definitely be described as eccentric and at least a millionaire. (designed flourescent and HID dimmable ballasts.)

>5. My office is in the dungeon of a mansion high in the Hollywood
> hills. To get to my desk, one must open the secret bookcase, travel
> down stone stairs lit by torches, go through chains, walk past the
> torture devices and Heironymus Bosch paintings, and open a curtain
> painted with the face of Nosferatu.

Sounds like the entrance to Sangiro's secret moderator lair! Don't tell Lisa about the torture devices though; you'll never get any peace.

>7. I once went on a road trip with a narcoleptic co-driver.

I had a narcoleptic thesis advisor. I'd leave his office once he'd been asleep for over 2 minutes. He slept through my dissertation. Passed it with no problems so I didn't complain.

>12. My only car accident ever was on the way to the DMV to take my
> license test.

I had like eight when I first started driving, but I had an amazing car (a Honda CRX) that would either bounce off things or be super easy to fix - it would bend right back into shape like that car in the movie "Christine." It was light enough that I drove it into a ditch one night and me and my friend lifted it out.

I had like eight when I first started driving, but I had an amazing car (a Honda CRX) that would either bounce off things or be super easy to fix - it would bend right back into shape like that car in the movie "Christine." It was light enough that I drove it into a ditch one night and me and my friend lifted it out.

what year?? i love the CRX!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

>I'm unique b/c I love sea turtles . . .

I actually know the difference between sea lions and seals, and one of my pet peeves are the people who can't tell the difference - including the Navy SEALS, who have a sea lion as a logo.

So, all this time Sammy is a Sea Lion? And what about Freddie the Frog? Is he really a Toad?:D

Now that's odd - I used to do that, and I worked for a guy who could definitely be described as eccentric and at least a millionaire. (designed flourescent and HID dimmable ballasts.)

My boss has designed dimmers, consoles, and incandescent fixtures and bulbs. We're going off on a very different, rather exciting, and sadly NDA-ed tangent right now.

Sounds like the entrance to Sangiro's secret moderator lair! Don't tell Lisa about the torture devices though; you'll never get any peace.

This is the one thing that is truly, truly bizarre. It's actually weirder in real life than you would imagine. The whole house is a maze of bizarre and fanciful rooms, each with a different theme.

I had a narcoleptic thesis advisor. I'd leave his office once he'd been asleep for over 2 minutes. He slept through my dissertation. Passed it with no problems so I didn't complain.

My friend actually fell asleep several times on the trip. I remember punching him to wake him up at 70mph. Definitely a harrowing experience.

I guess I've dodged this thread for long enough, so here goes....

1. I used to fall out of the top bunkbed so often when I was little, that my parents left my pillow on the floor.
2. I used to play with mercury as a young child.
3. I had 5 wisdom teeth.
4. I met my wife on a blind date.
5. When I was about 6, I jumped from a runaway van rolling down a hill.
6. I collect original artwork, including paintings and drawings of skydivers.
7. I taught a for-credit high school English class when I was in 11th grade.
8. I used to go to the Air & Space Museum every day to use the hidden library.
9. My undergrad degree took 5 schools, 6 majors and 10 years.
10. I have the cutest baby daughter in the entire world. (My apologies to the rest of you with daughters. :$)

4. I met my wife on a blind date.

HEY! So did I!!!!!

A friend of mine introduced her to me after i told him that I was "sick and tired of women who made love with the warmth and sensuality of a coke machine". :)

>My boss has designed dimmers, consoles, and incandescent fixtures
>and bulbs.

Really? Wrote a long article on that very topic about 10 years ago in the Computer Applicationg Journal (Feb/Mar 1993 if I recall.) That was back when DMX-512 was just coming out, and people were just starting to design distributed dimmer systems.

>This is the one thing that is truly, truly bizarre. It's actually weirder
>in real life than you would imagine.

I doubt that. I have a pretty good imagination.

>My friend actually fell asleep several times on the trip. I remember
> punching him to wake him up at 70mph. Definitely a harrowing
> experience.

I'd be tempted to grab the wheel, drive for a while, then let go just as he was waking up - then act suprised that he was asleep. Alternatively, drive 200 yards into the desert, butt the car up against a cactus, stop the car, and yell "Look out!"

This is the one thing that is truly, truly bizarre. It's actually weirder in real life than you would imagine. The whole house is a maze of bizarre and fanciful rooms, each with a different theme.

That has got to be the most interesting, fun thing I've heard..where you work. Love it! Why can't I get a weird boss like that?!

All right, I was waiting for Justin to do it first, so now I guess I have to. But, I'm protesting about the word "unique". None of this is unique, it's just me...

1. I took 3 years of Russian in high school (along with some Spanish and Latin too). I graduated 10th out of a class of about 700.
2. I have played 3 instruments- piano, clarinet and bassoon. And yes, I forced my children to play instruments too...fortunately they like it.
3. I held a couple FL State records in swimming for awhile and I went through college on an athletic scholarship. I used to swim/lift weights 4 hours a day...now I never exercise.
4. My head is larger than most men's heads (except Bill Von's).
5. I don't want to scuba dive because the fish make me nervous.
6. I sold so much Tupperware, they gave me a free van to use.
7. I'm obsessively neat and organized.
8. As a Girl Scout Leader, I used to have about 3000 boxes of cookies in my garage every year, but every box was always accounted for. I don't even want to tell you how many boxes of Thin Mints we paid for.
9. My jumpsuit and my tennis shoes match (white, magenta and navy blue).
10. I have been a fan of "All My Children" for over 20 years.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yey! Andrea finally posted! I've been telling her to, forever! She is VERY unique!

My office is the same way....my boss likes to be trendy so we always have an interior decorator here...she practically lives here and all our desks and this weird style, the rugs are freyed and suede, and our lamps are all different and cool. The plants and pots are all oddly shaped and unique...I LOVE IT, though. Ha ha ha ha. It's makes it more fun to work.