Brisco

Need some help

Hey all! This past June, as a father's day present, my son paid for my first tandem jump. He made his first, as did my dad and my nephew. My son and I got hooked and have been in sort of parallel training together - he in Florida and me in North Carolina.
Anyhow, this past Tuesday the kid was riding his motorcycle and a van pulled out in front of him and he got busted up pretty bad. Nothing life threatening, but he's got a broken femur (doc's inserted a steel rod there), a busted knee cap (surgery on Monday- his 30th birthday yet!) and a broken collar bone, plus assorted scrapes and bruises. I'm going to send him some balloons/flowers, but I was wondering if anyone knew of anything skydiving related I could send him? Maybe a little bear with a parachute? Anyone know of anything like that and where I could get it? I bought him a new altimeter for his b'day, but it looks like that's just going to collect dust for then next few months. The kid's really got some spirit - he's already said that when he gets the insurance settlement on the bike, he's going to buy himself a new rig!
Suggestions please!

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Geez, that sucks! I really can't think of anything, except I have seen these toy, throw out parachutes. I cannot remember where I saw them though. Cool about your Dad also doing a tandem! Hope he has a speedy recovery.:)
J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I just did a YAHOO search on GIFTS PARACHUTE and it came up w/ all kinds of sites. Maybe you can find something there.
Hope your son heals quickly! I always say I'm safer skydiving than driving to/from the DZ.
Blue Skies/Black Death
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

Get him a laptop, and tell him about dz.com. I KNOW you've been protecting him until now!
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Lot's of great ideas! Thanks folks!
His home dz is the Human School of Flight outside of Tallahassee.
I like the stripper idea! Maybe I could hire some chick to wear nothing but a rig! LOL And the gift certificate and catalog is another great idea. His employer is not going to let him get away with anything and has provided him with a laptop and is trying to figure out how to get him connected so he can work while he's laid up (yeah, right - to quote Maynard G. Krebs for those old enough to remember him, "work? WORK?"), so I guess I'll stop protecting him from the debauchery of dz.com - hell, he's 30 years old, I guess he can handle it now!
I guess he's going to be in the hospital for at least a week and I'm not sure what happens then. I know he'll go home, but don't know yet if he'll have to stay in bed for awhile or wheelchair or what. I'm going to fly down there after he's released from the hospital to help him out for a few days.
Thanks again for all the suggestions! You folks are great!

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.