jose

Your potty opinions

Ok, a question for all guys that live with a g/f or wife.
What the hell is with the toilet seat rule? Why does this only apply to us as guys? For fucks sake, we have to lift the godamn thing everytime we want to take a pee, so what is the big deal for them to have to put it down? Basically, we are expected to not only lift but to put down as well. As compared to them having to do NOTHING! For that matter, maybe we should start complaining that we always have to lift the seat in order to take a pee, and that it should always be left in the "up" position.
Dont even get me started on the toothpaste cap, and how is it possible for one person to get that much paste all gooed up at the tip to the point of not even being able to see the threads?

Because women don't want to stumble in the bathroom in the middle of the night to pee, forget to check the seat that their worthless husband didn't bother putting down, and suddenly sit in a toilet bowl full of freezing water.
Skydiving is for cool people only

Every man stumbles into the bathroom at night, drunk or out of it and sits down and gets his ass wet.........ONCE!
After that we learne to never sit down without looking first. Why do women seem to be unable to learn this basic survival skill.
Of course another survival skill for me is always remembering to put the seat down. This ensures I stay on my wife's good side and get laid on a regular basis.

JJ;)

JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

Us men could easily make the same excuse. It was dark...didn't want to check it... But then we would piss all over the seat. So I guess you have a choice. Fall into cold water, or sit in warm piss. I think both sides, men and women should comprimise. Maybe Mon,Wed, Fri- the seat stays up for us men. Tues, thur, sat, Down for the ladies, and sunday should just be a free-for-all.
But I too put it down, It is just easier than listening to the complaining... It still doesn't garantee me sex though. I must be doing something else wrong.

But I too put it down, It is just easier than listening to the complaining... It still doesn't garantee me sex though. I must be doing something else wrong.
-------------------------------------------------
Same here,some mysteries are not meant to be solved.
dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Well, proper etiquette would say that common courtesy dictates. If your significant other likes the seat down, or up, show some courtesy and do what you can to oblige. Can there really be a correct position for a toilet seat? Actually, yes - that is seat AND lid both down (afterall, what is the lid for, to keep the cat out?), but respect for your other half is far more important than the position of a toilet seat. If you find yourself fighting over it, there are probably other issues at hand.

Cheers,
NewGuy B|

Ok, a question for all guys that live with a g/f or wife.

What the hell is with the toilet seat rule? Why does this only apply to us
as guys? For fucks sake, we have to lift the godamn thing everytime we
want to take a pee, so what is the big deal for them to have to put it
down? Basically, we are expected to not only lift but to put down as well.
As compared to them having to do NOTHING! For that matter, maybe we
should start complaining that we always have to lift the seat in order to
take a pee, and that it should always be left in the "up" position.

My solution to this was a compromise: Both parties shall put not just the seat down, but the lid as well.

At first the whole thing annoyed me, and then I realized that instead of arguing, we could be having sex right then... Changed my whole outlook on the situation. ;)
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

***Because women don't want to stumble in the bathroom in the middle of the night to pee, forget to check the seat that their worthless husband didn't bother putting down, and suddenly sit in a toilet bowl full of freezing water.

I guess men are smarter than women in the bathroom because we look before we sit :P

Gentlemen, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it is not about the toilet seat! Haven't you ever noticed the logic of the argument is always in favour of the men when you objectively examine and weigh out all the facts? Just face it, it is about us being wrong and women being right regardless of what really is right and wrong.

Notice how few women have jumped in on this thread?

Cheers,
NewGuy ;)

Hopefully you love your wife enough that you will gladly comply with her wishes because you know it is something simple that you can do for her and it will make her very happy. Marriage is about compromise. I'm sure she does things for you too just because she loves you. Whenever people argue about something like that, it's never about the petty little thing. It's about power in the relationship and feeling (or not feeling) valued and appreciated. Look at the big picture and figure out why it's bothering you so much.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'll chime in.

Lid up seat down. End of discussion.

Of course I live in a house without males so it is a dead question. The seat stays down. Being single is nice sometimes!

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

OK, I don't live with a guy....but I do have an opinion on this one....

Who frickin' cares whether a guy puts it down or I put it up?? It doesn't bother me in the least if I have to lower the seat before I pee (which I had to do today, actually.....)

There are a lot of things to worry about in this world, and the position of the toilet seat, at least to me, isn't one of them.

Anne

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

There's a very simple solution to this problem. Put the seat and the cover down when you're done. That way both sexes have to put something up to use the toilet and have to put something down when they are finished.

Also keeps the pets and small children from drinking out of the bowl. ;)