skyboyblue

winter hobby?

I skydive...oh, right, that's because there is no "skydiving season" in Texas...:P

Other then that I do my normal hobbies: computers, play the trumpet, drink beer, lift weights, etc...

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

This winter its going to be boarding on the weekends followed up by designing webpages during the week and learning the finer points of sewing to get my riggers ticket on those nights I'm not doing anything else.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

you know last time I was in cali last october, they thought it was cold at altitude, so they wore long sleeve shirts and whatnot. I was still in shorts. I kring to think what they would think of nebraska in the next couple of months if they haven't done so yet. yet we still jump too, the door just doesn't stay open.

Yup same here we skydive all year long here in California. And if I am not jumping well... um... er... I uh... um... I... uh um...:S Couldn't tell you. I ride my bikes during the weekdays after work. I used to ski but the traffic from here to Tahoe on the weekends not to mention the lift lines on the weekends... I'll just take my bike up windy hill. Indoor climbing is something I do occasioanly too on a weekday night. Drinking takes up most of my free time. Is it a hobby? I think so...B|

This winter i'm taking some kind of martial arts class. I went into the place last Monday to talk to them and get information for starting. Now i just need to decide which one i want to take.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I ski, alot. My first love, and she abuses me. 18 years now, and I'm getting too old for the shit I do.
Attached is a pic from 2 years ago, at a quaterpipe session (that's right, skis not snowboard) I'm up in the middle of the shot, kinda camo'd with the background there.

If I ventured in the slipstream; Between the via-ducts of your dreams.......could you find me?

3mute.jpg

Hey Sunshine:

You should take Aikido! It's the best dicipline in my opinion because it takes no strenght at all yet it can do a lot of damadge. It's about channeling momentum away from you. I took it for years and loved it.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

I sure hope to continue jumping during the winter months (I want to see if I can get more than 200 jumps in before Sept 2003). But there will be days when jumping isn't an option and on those days I will be doing:

- Hockey (both playing in an adult rec league as well as watching NHL games live and on TV). What can I say, I'm Canadian and hockey is my religion. :P

- Skiing B|

- Maybe a weekend mountaineering trip (maybe even some ice climbing). ;)

- Indoor co-ed beech volleyball. :$

- And how could I forget just being the occasional couch potato. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'll be skydiving as long as the afternoon temps stay above 50F. That's my new personal limit after skydiving all last winter.

I use the "Don't jump unless the temp is higher than your age" rule. I was brave at 18...not so much anymore. I can wait a few months to jump.

Last year I was flying a load and one of the jumpers asked me what the wind chill was. I called approach and asked him to work a windchill for 12 degrees F at 120 mph. He came back a minute later to tell me that it was off his chart but he would estimate it at around 70 below zero. I've not had another jumper ask me that question since. Go figure.

Skydive Radio