riddler

snowing in Denver

UGH. Woke up to the ugly stuff this morning. There was a time in my life when I thought that snow meant skiing. Now, it just means no skydiving. Supposed to continue for a few days and stay cold over the weekend.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

UGH. Woke up to the ugly stuff this morning. There was a time in my life when I thought that snow meant skiing. Now, it just means no skydiving. Supposed to continue for a few days and stay cold over the weekend.

Not ugly stuff at all! If skiing isn't your thing, try snowboarding. I was out all day yesterday in manmade at Killington VT...top to bottom runs and great coverage. Yipee for winter!
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

And this is only at 1545 MT... It is still coming down like crazy....

Dayyyyyum, and to think, I've been bitching all day because it's 92 degrees out....

I'm sorry, I know you people with the white shit on the ground hate me for saying that, but c'mon, we've had one decent weather day (70's) so far

--
Hook high, flare on time

I'm just waiting for it to get deep enough so that all my landings will be stand ups :P
Going to be interesting to see which wins out more often this year... snowboarding or skydiving... Damn I wish dropzones did season passes :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"

it's snowing right now in the springs....and damnis it windy.... i'd post a pic of my fron yard too but alas i don't have a digital camera and my camcorder is burried under stuff in my trunk from this past weekend.....

Actually I was quite entertained driving home, my normal 10 min commute took about an hour. Then watching all the front wheel drive cars and 4-wheel drive trucks slipping and spinning their tires while me with my little rear wheel drive mustang drove right past them, only time my rear end slipped a little bit was when this dumb ass stopped on a hill for no reason.

I have to laugh, my Dad's old saying that if you can't drive with 2 wheels you might as well hang it up with the 4 wheels cause you are only going to get yourself that much more stuck was so true tonight. So major kudos to him for teaching me how to drive a rear wheel drive vehicle smart or I might still be trying to get home with the rest of the idiots on the road. :S

Fly it like you stole it!

Actually I was quite entertained driving home, my normal 10 min commute took about an hour. Then watching all the front wheel drive cars and 4-wheel drive trucks slipping and spinning their tires while me with my little rear wheel drive mustang drove right past them, only time my rear end slipped a little bit was when this dumb ass stopped on a hill for no reason.

Out of all the rear-wheel drive cars I've had I would much rather have front-wheel drive when it comes to dealing with snow & ice. Usually, me and my front-wheel drive car are the one passing the ones who are stuck or just spinning their tires.

It's also really nice to have when the back end starts to slip a little. I just give it a little gas and she straightens right out.;)

Kris

And this is only at 1545 MT... It is still coming down like crazy....

Pete,
I'll be there tomorrow night and you have better have this whole "snow" thing fixed. If I cant jump, I am going to be the "Designated Drunk" this weekend. At least I can save that money for Eloy if it continues to fuck me....Oh, I mean snow.
The Brother
P.S. hey look at that, Im an enthusiast.:o

I like the snow.

I live where there is one season, with minor variations of temperature and precipitation to make things interesting. The photo Zinger put up - I'd kill to look out my window and see that. To see things blanketed in snow would be amazing (I see things blanketed in smog now)....in the spring, to see things newly green is gorgeous.

Oh well.

At least I can jump whenever I can afford it.....there are some benefits.....

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Still snowing in Westminster too.

Hook

So there I was...Standing in line to get on the plane to leave behind my tropical home of two weeks...in shorts and a polo...And I come from the attached picture to what Hook & Peter have posted...What was I thinking???
-----
~~~Michael

Hawaii_Sunset.jpg

Very nice Michael! I was thinking about hitting Hawaii once before the year is out for a year-end scuba trip. Hope you had a good time!

But let's keep in mind that this is a snow post, so keeping with that theme, I've attached some shots from my front yard and backyard.

This is the seconds day and it's STILL snowing downtown.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

DSC00059.JPG

DSC00060.JPG

Hey, that looks familiar. I see that kind of sunset every night! hahaha! doh, was that laughing out loud?!? oops. ;) Did you jump while in Hawaii?

But to all you Coloradans, I'd take up snowboarding if I were you. That looks like a blast as long as you're all bundled up and there's hot chocolate readily available when your fingers and toes go numb. :D