lewmonst

What do you believe?

Spiritual but not religious.I consider myself a Christian,but I dont follow organized religion.

As far as how it applies to me today

The Old Testament is about The Law
The New Testament is about Grace.

I live under Gods Grace

(my personal belief)B|

dropdeded
pcss#26

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

>since everyone is debating in on other threads... feel free
>to vote announomously or not.

You forgot "None" ;)

I voted on "agnostic", though. I have this one rule I try to follow: "Do the right thing". As many of you will notice, it's from a Spike Lee movie. When I first saw the movie, it just seemed like a good summary of what I believed in anyway.

But Spike Lee did not do the right thing, he threw that garbage can through the window of a guy who did not deserve it. Then just sat on the curb with the owner of the pizza shop after the riot like he was just a bystander. Does anyone else have an explanation for this, because I really liked the movie and thought he was very creative until the end. Now I just think he is hung up on being part of class victimhood.

Where am I wrong?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

i believe.
in a creator, the divine, something infinitely larger than humanity. I do not claim to understand the nature of it/her/him (gender is irrelevant to divinity) but I would like to know more. The flow of life is to strong, to continually enlightening for me to think otherwise

Toward that end I try keep my eyes and mind open to everything and will gladly talk to anyone about their experiences of divinity, but I have serious issues with the majority of religious dogma, particularly that which claims sole authority based on one cultures limited experiences, no matter how well written or devised.

Mostly I suppose that fits in as agnostic, but if you really want to know what I believe, you’ll have to open the attachment. (its safe)

ch860108.BMP

...but if you really want to know what I believe, you’ll have to open the attachment. (its safe)

Right on! ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I am a Christian and I attend church regularly. Christianity seems to get sliced and diced by just about everyone in this forum on a regular basis. Mostly by people who have never even opened the Bible. :P

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

I am a Christian and I attend church regularly. Christianity seems to get sliced and diced by just about everyone in this forum on a regular basis. Mostly by people who have never even opened the Bible. :P

That statement has to be by someone who hasn't actually read the posts that "attack" Christians.

Many of them were written be people who not only have read the Bible, but have read more than one edition of it, including the original Aramaic/Hebrew texts.

As someone has mentioned in the threads about sexuality, I believe that those who protest about the "attacks" do so because they don't understand what is being written and/or are insecure about their faith.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Well Jack, I have read the posts that slice and dice Christianity. I never said anything about "attacking" Christians. Slicing and dicing is slang for analyzing but there are plenty of attacks too. Now who is being "insecure"? I'm sure we have many Aramaic/Hebrew scholars on this forum. Maybe two at most.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

nice way of putting it, zenister.

as for me...i believe in good people, and i call myself atheist. i believe in something far more amazing, but i can't explain or name it. i do believe in karma. I believe if you do good and treat others fairly, than life will be good to you. but I strongly support everyone right to their own opinions and conclusions, given reasonable thought. That is, I respect everyone who has faith in whatever they choose, as long as they thought for themself to come to those beliefs. I do not respect those who just take on a religion like a heriditary trait, for which they have no other options.

think for yourself, and I will highly respect you, like one of my 7th graders who believes in cows.B|

http://www.exitshot.com

I was brought up catholic but I have since recovered.

I spent a long part of my life trying to find a religion that explains it all the way I can believe it. I only found that I'm far too critical for the explanations out there. So I have simplified myself to principles that I can live my life by. If there is a higher power watching over us I believe that it will understand my logic.

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky