FreeFlyHol

Fried Twinkies

I don't know what made me think of this...I went to the PX State Fair this year to see STP and ended up seeing a fried twinkie stand. I'm not lying about this either! They also sold fried Snickers bars...for real!

I was so bewildered yet intrigued. I stood around watching the two most unhealthy looking people in the world inside the stand dip twinkies and snickers bars into corn dog batter.

I dare ask if anyone else witnessed this phenomena or even dared to try one?!

x's and o's,

Hol :)
When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?

You have got to be joking, right? Why would anyone dip a twinkie into corn dog batter? Sounds really awful:S.

J

"Everyone seems normal until you get to know them".

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I totally believe you. They were talking about twinkies and snickers and a list of other items they dip that is supposed to be delicious. I believe Oreos was another one. Actually I think they are quite popular in England
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

remeber..... evrything tastes better dep fried in oil and with some kind of batter on it... take onion rings for exsample.... okay when coked in oil, but so much better battered and deap fried..........lol....

Someone had fried twinkies at an office party not too long ago, I was afraid to try them. I couldn't get past the idea of the impending heart attack. On the other hand, those who did have them said that they were delicious.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I remember reading the original T.W.I.N.K.I.E.S. test back in '95 on the net. Maybe it was on UseNet, I can't remember, eitherway, late '95 early '96 it was a HUGE hit on the internet. Neat that they updated they're stuff some since then (well shit, its been 8 years, they should have...)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, I have had them, and they are not bad. We made them for a LAN party. A few tips: freeze them first, then the dough does not soak up as much grease. And sprinkle powdered suger on top after frying.

Not my favorite, but very edible.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Never had them fried. However, to hijack your thread I'd like to present
The Twinkies Project

Funny stuff.

It is funny! Reminds me of the SpamCam...anyone remember that? Some dude ran experiments on letting Spam go bad compared to other foods. He even did a control test with a tomato and a twinkie. It was a dead even (Spam vs Twinkie) until the tomato collapsed and the Twinkie soaked up the juice. Jeeez there were some funny lab notes in there! :D:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Just had fried PICKLES the other night......
WOW....
GOOD shit.....:D:D:D

Oh yeah! I love those! Sonic back home used to serve "pickle-o's" which were just battered and fried sliced pickles. I found a local bar/grill that serves fried spears now...woohoo! One of those once-in-a-while indulgences :)
I heard they had fried snickers and twinkies at the state fair here in NC as well, but I didn't go to the fair and probably couldn't get past the concept of all of those calories and fat enough to try it anyway!

Pammi