airborne31582

Where do you keep your baby?

Her name is Kristen, she loves me and I love her, even though she gets really sad and lonely being in a duffel bag all week, but she knows when we leave for the dropzone she is going to get to play. Where do you keep your rig when you aren't jumping?

Chris
I thought of the odds of me succeeding, versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead anyway.

When my canopy is not in use, it lives in a cardboard box tucked away, covered by a towel and safely away from feline cuddles...

I keep thinking of it as the "homeless canopy". Sigh...I really need to get gear.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

not a real fan of that term in reference to my gear. Y'see i have issues with the thought of ever siring a mini-me. Good grief. what if it were anything like me? Besides, it's hard enough just getting laid when you don't stay in one place longer than 3 weeks. Ps don't tell them I'm here.
Oh yeah, my rig is in Canada. I think. Somewhere on the west coast. I keep meaning to get it back from the guy who is looking after it. (long story, I'll be here until thursday) but i mostly rent it in the lone star state. It sux but i never have to pack.

Lazy Americanos without RULES and REGULATIONS and LAWS how and where to store a rig.

Check out our super rules for storage.
I do not think that anybody in the past 10 years
did this -except military-. The funnies thing this is a law issued by the Civil Aviation Authority many-many years ago -still effective.

Conditions for storing parachutes

Temperature: between +5C and +30C
Humidity: between 30-80%
No radiation (sunlight, UV)
No chemicals or oil-steam
No fretters, rodents
Parachutes must be stored at least 50cm from roof or wall, 20cm from floor
At least 1m from heaters.
The storage room should be closed from unauthorized persons.
A device must be in the storage room to measure temperature and humidity. Two times a day (morning, afternoon) the temperature and humidity must be checked and documented. These documents must be kept for one year.
The parachutes must be stored with their logbooks.

OVER

I throw mine in a corner of the den at the house, usually resting on top of my gear bag, with the pilot chute out. ( I hear it helps keep the elastic from getting worn out-) The temp in there stays around 68-75 degrees F, and the humidity in the house is usually around 40-70% depending on the time of year. Now, in the summer it might spend a day behind the seat of my truck if I'm planning on jumping after work, but in that case I cover it well (Haven't got a regular gear bag yet-) or I bring it into the plant and keep it in the shop office, which well air-conditioned.

Easy Does It

I built a rack and shelf on the wall in the dining room. It hangs there, or sits on the floor under there, or if I just packed it, sits in the middle of the floor. Like we actually use our dining room anyway...
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

>Like we actually use our dining room anyway...

When IS the last time that that room was actually used for anything useful? And its not just your rig... its yours and Cajuns and mine when I'm there and a few other rigs have graced that rack.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com