quade

MOAB testing today

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/11/sprj.irq.moab/index.html

Ok, so here's the graf that has me kinda worried;

Officials say they hope it will create such a huge blast that it will rattle Iraq troops and pressure them into surrendering or not even fighting. Officials suggest perhaps the Iraqis might even mistake a MOAB blast for a nuclear detonation.

Didn't Saddam just say the other day that he's willing to use bio & chemical weapons if he's attacked with a nuke?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It's not a nuke, just looks like one.

Well, of course that was my point.

Let's say one of his generals sees one going off and reports it as being a nuke. Yeah, morally we're safe because we didn't use a nuke, but it might be a poor move strategically if it triggers chemical and bio attacks rather than surrender.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Didn't Saddam just say the other day that he's willing to use bio & chemical weapons if he's attacked with a nuke?

I thought he said he does not have bio or chem weapons...but he'll use them if he's nuked, interesting.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Paul,
It's not as bad as you might think, the MOAB
is a larger version of the BLU-82 (Daisy Cutter) and we already dropped 11 BLU-82's on Iraq in GW-1
so they know what its like, the only difference ordinance wise is BLU-82 had 15,000 lbs of HE and the MOAB has 21,000 not that much bigger but a slicker design and pretty at that , here are some better pics than what CNN had posted.

moabrear.jpg

moab.jpg

>I wonder how much one of those babies sets us tax payers back.

No problem there! Under our new system of accounting, you can spend way AND give tax cuts to the rich. Any problems with that system can be dealt with by the next administration.

Whoo-sha! No foolin!

Let's show that one to the enemy troops while they sit there in their trenches. On real big war-sized rear-projections screens!

"The big aliens! They keep changing perspective size! Every scene! Please! Give the smaller alien a trumpet and let him play jazz with the guy from 'The Fly'! I SURRENDER! Turn it off! Turn it off!

At first I thought that a bomb was being tested in Moab, Utah, before reading further. Our S & TA is down there BASE jumping (Dave Cicarelli).:S
|

I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

holy fuck thats bigger than the bombs the British droped a few time in WWII!! The would sling this hug SOB under the belly of a Lancaster Bomber, it was the entire payload for that flight!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin