sangiro

Stopping Dropzone Mail Abuse

That sounds really reasonable for a free service.

Nuke the bastard.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Mine hasn't worked when I've tried to use it. I use a lot of PM.

I am laughing! The dictator is benevolent today! Must've had a good weekend:ph34r:

Hey - everyone whe says their email "isn't working"... Do you guys get error messages or is the mail just not coming through?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

the way they got around this kind of limit on yahoo and hotmail was to write a script to create loads of accounts and send the max on each acount.

maybe you could add an activation period, so they cannot send e-mail for a few days after joining that way you caould spot the bad guys before they start sending.

You could impliment limitations (15/6) on users with low post numbers (say 25) and/or low membership times (say 3 months). After which the limits are lifted. I think most of the ppl who use the email post pretty often - and if not 3 months will pass quickly anyways. Well of that sort - you get the idea, something to play with. You all say 15/6 sounds good, and it isnt unreasonable, but it can become an issue quickly if you are a regular user of the email esp if its your primary email acct. Most spammers register a nick and spam immediatly. Just some ideas. Derek

I hardly use the email, i generally stick with PMs. Considering the email is free though, i think you should put limits on it to stop the icky peeple that are abusing it.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Just think how special you would be....1 of 2 people with Jgirl accounts.

I had a pink canopy, still have the pink pilot chute, and have a little pink on my rig. Will that get me one of those accounts? ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

That's what I'm thinking...write a poem and change the terms of use such that the poem is attached to all outgoing mails and under copyright you grant users authority to use it for non-commercial purposes only. Then sue for copyright infringement...or something.

Anyone know a skydiving lawyer willing to work pro-bono?

nathaniel
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

HH: I think some leg breaking is in order. Seriously though, your limits should put a big dent in his ability to send piles of SPAM. And I agree with Nathaniel, insert a copyrighted phrase in the headers and make it's use non-commercial only. This is being done by an anti-spam organization on the Internet now. I'm not sure what success they are having with it, but I'll try to find it and PM you with what I find.

Patrick
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

Copyright infringement....what an interesting concept! Anyone know how that actually works?

Hey, HH, I don't use my e-mail at all...got 6 e-mails there in the last 2 years...no errors, just no use. Do what you need to do to protect this place...and let us at 'em if the need arises....I do have a free personal attack coming....;)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~