Sebazz1

What Is Acceptable Beer

Wharf Rat Inn in Fells Point in Baltimore is an English-style pub, where they make their own beer & hand pump it using those big old wooden taps. And its served at slightly cooler than room temp, like they do in England, i.e., about 50 - 55 degrees F.
You can only do that with some types of beers, i.e., rich ales, etc. Pilsener style beers, such as Coors Bud, Miller, etc. HAVE to be served cold!
Speed Racer
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork from my lunch?!
-WC Fields

Speedracer wrote:
You can only do that with some types of beers, i.e., rich ales, etc. Pilsener style beers, such as Coors Bud, Miller, etc. HAVE to be served cold!
OF COURSE THEY HAVE TO BE SERVED COLD!!!!
otherwise people would notice that it's nothing but piss water :)

Mmmm....Miller High Life. I can only afford to drink on "Quarter Pitcher" night. My method of surviving warm pitchers: the faster you drink, the better it tastes.
The best treat I ever had was visiting friends at a nearby dz, and they had large amounts of Killian's at the bon fire.
"You laugh at me because I am different, and I just laugh at you."

Sebazzzzzzzzz , after the weekends fart fest (From a particular camera flyer I suspect...) I think it would be a plan to ban flatulence promoting brews from the DZ until sunday PM if you think this could be a problem , perhaps a rule book (if one is introduced) could include this ruling as hypoxia is pretty dangerous .
Yeah baby.

If you're in No Cal, try Gold Hills Winery up in the Sierra foothills east of Sacramento, they started making beer a couple of years ago and it's really good. they've got a stout, an amber, and a pale ale. All good. As for the other selections, there's no accounting for tasted. When I passed AFF, the owner said he wanted Coor light. I got Sierra Nevada (my main instructor liked it) and Heinekin.

I was the level 7 JM on that dive and before the jump he kept mentioning corona and bud light. And I kept telling him no no no. There was a bit of a language barrier. I figured out that he had already bought it before coming that day - so yes it was the fault of the Level 6 JM.

"The One And Only" Newcastle Brown 5.2%
if you ever visit Scotland (of the abbey itself) try Buckfast
As for wine i only like one which is Californian called Thunderbird (over here) red lable 17.5% it go,s down like water after the first bottle...thirsty...so thirsty........

This is tempting me to go back and find a *really really* old thread and bring it back for the hell of it...you know: "just checking this thread" or "just bringing the thread back to the top" posts that we were having problems with a bit ago...
I went to a Grateful Dead Concert and they played for SEVEN hours. Great song. -- Fred Reuss

Bud Light

That's NOT beer, and neither is Coors or whatever other massed produced pisswater they fill cans with. It's "malt liquor".
And as far as someone saying India Pale Ale is the worst beer they have ever tasted, it just shows there is no accounting for taste. IPA is the only beer I make anymore. I wouldn't trade one bottle of it for a truckload of "Miller Lite".
But I do agree that any "beer" a skydiver brings to the DZ for his/her friends to drink is worth gulpin' down, and anyone who acts ungrateful is an asshole.