Sebazz1

What Is Acceptable Beer

Speedie,
Some of the European monasteries used to (still do?) have fasts where they went for long periods without eating anything at all. However, they could drink beer. If it had been typical mass-produced pisswater, they would have starved. Not so with nice, substantial homebrews full of vitamins. :)Justin
My Homepage

Lil Beer History,,
In the US when we enterd WWI most beer factories converted ta makin bread and other usefull shit,, the beer factories that survived did so by makin beer women liked,, since the men were all at war,, so Coors, Bud, etc changed ta makin lighter beers,, Now SpeedRacer I feel your pain,, also brewed my own beer,, and ya just can't beat it,, make it the way ya like depending on the time a year,, lighter in the warm months and more bodied in the cold ones,, made a beer called "Goat Scrotum Special" once,, ya couldn't see the Sun through the glass,, an old recipe with black strap mollassas, black licorice, etc,, but it was so heavy ya'd get a full belly after the first one,, so if it's free,, and it ain't Bud,, I'll drink most,, butt ya,, serve the good stuff early and the watered down ladies beer when there's nuthin else,, or ya pour it on for a ceremony....
Cherio Mates,,,

A girl in a bar introduced me to that. I didn't like it. It spoiled the taste, and besides, you're supposed to drink & enjoy a pint of Guinness, not chug it.
Yeah, you don't want to ruin a good Guinness. Anybody else like their Guinness room temperature?

Mmmmm, Beer. I can't hardly stand a high production type beer anymore, (getting old i guess), until I've had several that taste like real beer. Obviously some of you know much more about beer than i do, i mainly only know what i like and a little about some different types. My usual is an Unfiltered Wheat, made here locally (K. C. MO).
A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.
--Groucho Marx

I see I'm not the only one who has Mike Papazian's book. The stout I'm making for Christmas is Toad Spit stout, (with a few alterations).
When I was new at homebrewing I made the Christmas Porter, but the recipe had grated orange peel & cinnamon, etc. in it, and it was just too much. I'm sticking to beer that just tastes like beer.
Speed Racer
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork from my lunch?!
-WC Fields

Toad Spit... Cool!
Made a batch once I called Grandads,, 50 gallons of it,, 22 cases,, threw a party and everyone helped bottle it,, at the end a the night we played that game where ya roll the lil piggy dice,, high score and low score each took home a case,, glad we took video,, what a blur,, the guy's siphoning outta the barrel needed ta be relieved every 15 minutes or they started spilling shit all over...

"has some of the lviing brewers yeast still in it (it's not filtered or pasteurized). Brewers yeast is a health food!"
That would make the plane smell interesting for the others on the way to altitude. Doesn't yeast make you fart?!? See maybe they serve watered down beer so you you don't get beer farts on the way up............
Damn i'm thirsty for some air and brew..............

>Isn't Black and Tan sumthin' drank by people who don't have the stomach for
>real Guinness?
Never liked Guinness until I spent a few weeks in Ireland. I swear, the stuff they sell here is a weak imitation of the original. It must not ship well.
-bill von

I am generally a mix of 1 and 2, but end up being a 4 when it comes down to it. I have never been a 3, even when I was driving a new C-5 and sporting a two-tone Submariner.
My two general fridge fillers are Rolling Rock and Coors Light. Rolling Rock because I like it and Coors Light because I can drink it all night and keep my wits about me when I need to. That, and I like it. I grew up on Bud Light and Miller Light and will gladly even drink Old Millwauke Light if that's whats in the fridge at the loft or what the students bring. The only thing I avoid like the plague as far as "regular beer" goes is Budweiser, ESPECIALLY keg bud...UGH! Headache in a cup!
and now, for your pleasure: the viking toast:
How do we drink?! WE DRINK LIKE VIKINGS!!
cheers,
Chuck
My webpage HERE

I think I'm a 2. When I owe I buy Killian's, Rolling Rock, Heineken, or something along those lines. If people want a light beer, they can fill a cup halfway with water, fill it the rest of the way with some good stuff, and swirl it around a little. That's pretty much how they do it in the breweries.
Since everyone's sharing their beer humor...
the classic line from Monty Python (although I doubt they came up with it): "American beer is like making love in a canoe. They're both fucking close to water."
And as for Corona... I have moral objections to beer that you have to put fruit into before it tastes good. It's as if they did some market research, and said "Jefe, this is no good. People say our beer tastes like horse piss. What can we do?"
"I have the solution. Tell the gringos they must cut up fruit and mix it with the beer. Make them think it's a tradition in the Caribbean. Those dopes will believe anything as long as the commercial includes tropical islands and half-naked señoritas!"
Dan
NCB #393
I wanted to put some really inspiring lyrics here but none of them fit.
>< !!

Well, that's true for sure. Mexicans don't drink Corona (nor dox equis). They drink tres equis where available, Presidente, etc. Same goes for Australians and Fosters: they don't drink the shit at all, yet we americans are led to believe it's a top seller there, therefore the uppity yups can't get enough.
Advertising is a fascinating industry. It makes Dominicans think we in the US drink Johnny Walker Red and smoke Camel cigarettes like a chimney. Do you know that in Central and South America they (american tobacco producers) send good looking chicks around in custom Jeeps and Land Rovers hawking cigarettes in front of grade schools? Oh yeah, I have seen it.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

All beer is good beer. If I were specifying a favorite, I have come to like Fat Tire a lot, but it can't be gotten in Oklahoma...I pick it up if we go to TX or back home to KS then 'import' it :) I get Bud a lot for home because it's cheaper in mass quantities (besides, it's what all us hicks drank back home), actually *do* like Corona, Dos Exis (spelling?) and Fosters.
Hmm..I guess I'm just easy. The only beer I've ever drank that I really hated and even didn't finish (passed it to someone else...NEVER pour out a beer!) was something called Flying Dog. My hun Kris loves em tho, so we'd bring them to the DZ on occassion if we were on a beer run for him :)
Closing pin jewelry