LadySkyDIve

Skydiver?

Yes that is exactly what it means. See if a girl says, "Oh cute little me is to scared to jump but my honey enjoys it", its cool. If a guy says that it just doesn't sound the same and I will leave it at that. The girl can say I have a little skydiver in me from time to time.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

You don't date a lot of women who skydive, do you?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i don't know what I would consider the "minimum requirements" to be a skydiver, but I have flown a plane before, but don't consider myself a pilot. I juggle, and do magic, but don't consider myself a juggler or a magician. I write philosophy, but don't consider myself a philosopher.

I have always been of the opinion that I do not want to put a title on myself because I believe that a lot lies in a title. A lot of time and effort, and money in a lot of cases, goes into someone earning the title. Example...my mom goes skydiving (tandem) almost every year. Neither of us consider her a skydiver...she is a lady who has fun skydiving and goes occassionally. Why would she need to call herself a skydiver? To legitimize her jumps? Her life? I just don't get it.

Just my opinion.

-S

You don't date a lot of women who skydive, do you?

Wendy W.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I am on my first but don't quite understand why you would ask that.

This is an interesting question for me. I've done 4 tandems, am signed up for ground school and planning on going through AFF. I never actually thought of myself as a skydiver yet... just a skydiver wanna-be. I think about it all the time, and look forward to when I can do it on my own and consider myself to be a skydiver.

ok not that it's actually wqorth 2cents but heres mine.
If you take yourself out of a plane with some regularity, either as a tandem or solo, you are a skydiver.
The distinction I see here is that if you only do it once, you made a skydive.
I've nailed wood a couple of times and I'm not a carpenter.
If you rode a motorbike once in yourlife your not a motorcyclist.
If you jump from planes on some regular basis then you skydive regularly, and you are a skydiver.
In ripply nipply's case she has and will again voluntarily eject herself from a plane so she's a skydiver, and sexy one at that,
PM a dirty msg to me KAte:P:P:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think that the only thing that would make someone who only jumps tandem "not a skydiver" would be if they do not take the initiative to learn about skydiving. For example, if someone does tandem after tandem and just goes WHEEEEEEE! .. taking no interest in learning about the gear, canopy control, winds, landings, etc, etc, then they would NOT be a skydiver. There is so much more to our sport.

There are a lot of people who do not skydive because they are not interested, not because they are afraid. Because we do jump, it doesn't qualify us as super-brave either. There are people on this forum who have stories that curl my hair.

I know people of both sexes whose SOs are not skydivers. I don't consider the non-skydiving half as a lesser half, but merely a different half.

I personally know a world class skydiver who was married for 10 years to a non skydiver. He accepted it as what made his honey happy. I also know a very competitive 4-way team member whose husband has done a tandem, but isn't all that interested in continuing. He is one of the coolest people that I know and very supported of his wifes jumping.

Me new? or Wendy?
I have been jumping for 9 years and have 1000 jumps in the last two years alone. Wendy with a four digit D license I am guessing has been jumping even longer than that.

If one has to find verbal justification in order to see if he/she can call herself/himself a skydiver, I find it hilarious.

Why does one have to ask, why does one have to tell. Selfpromotion? Trying to impress? I am ready to puke.:( No its better to open the mouth.:o

Goes to the same category as these padi wankers wearing their nightdive, cavedive, deepdive, muffdive
stickers in public. I puke twice.:o:o

Now I am just a bloody healing s/l student waiting to get back to dz in few weeks time. A skydiver.... get serious..... please call me captain kangaroo if u like.... For me jumping is the only thing counting. All the rest is repulsive blaah blaah.B|

Me new? or Wendy?

You. You made the remark about "cute little me" and Wendy asked if you dated many skydivers. You didn't understand the reason for her question. I figured you were about to get an answer.

I thought you were "new" in terms of dealing with her. I've read a lot of her posts and tend to have respect for her, even though we've never met.

can you tell me how many skydives you should make before your a skydiver?

i would like to translate that to a pilot licens while i have flewn á Cessna 172 acouple of times(pilot siting next to me),i have been passenger as a skydiverover 550times. does that make me a pilot?I dont think so...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

don't quite understand why you would ask that

It's just that respect for a non-skydiving partner should be unrelated to their gender. And if you think it's OK for women to stay at the DZ admiring their men, but not as OK for men to stay at the DZ admiring their women, then it's not a very equal relationship.

The woman deserves just as much respect as the guy in a relationship, and vice versa. Maybe for different things (I couldn't swoop my way out of a paper bag), but I hope you can respect the things she does.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think there is a difference between a skydiver and having skydived. To me, a skydiver and being a skydiver encompasses so much more than just jumping. Big woop, you jump out of a plane - have you owed a case of beer? Have you watched (or participated) as large objects were thrown into large piles of burning debris?

I'd say these people have skydived but aren't yet skydivers.

Just my humble opinion.

I really don't care either way if someone considers themselves a skydiver after a tandem. It is a personal thing you do for yourself, does it really matter?

Me personally, I only considered myself a skydiver after my 9th jump (first freefall). In the seven year gap between jumps 11 and 12, if it ever came up I'd say I had tried skydiving. But that is just me, like I said, I don't care what other people consider themselves (generally about anything for that matter) - I am a skydiver and that matters most to me. :)
Will

can you tell me how many skydives you should make before your a skydiver?
i...

Hi Faber it's not a number thing it's an intent thing, if you intend to skydive, your a skydiver, or at least will be whilst in Frefall, under canopy your a canopy pilot or parachutist. After landing you're a pedestrian.

Not to be confiused with this thread, which is also pedestrian and has gone on far too long.
Hands up all of us who are not human beings?
Everything else is irrelivantB| at least to me.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This just came accross my mind, if a child gets into a car (lets say a 10yo boy), and drives it, for the very first time, although he does not know or never done it before, if he gets into an accident the report will read something like "the driver of the car was a 10yo...,

So if at the time of death, accident, etc, they are called to what they did in the moment it happens....??

Let me know what anyones thoughts are...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

So if at the time of death, accident, etc, they are called to what they did in the moment it happens....??

Not always.

would you call a pilot that eject from his figter plane,and dies in the landing,a skydiver or pilot?I would caal him a pilot.and im sure the investergation would do the same

Stay safe
Stefan Faber