froggie

who are you in three words?..

hey all. just wondering, were all into skydiving but what else is there? seems like most people have a few very meaningful ideas about who they are.
In three descriptive phrases, how do you describe yourself?
heres me : 1)skydiving fanatic ,2) passionate EMS provider, 3) family oriented girl.
Now lets here you!
froggie

how about three sentences? since the little amphibian didn't use just three words either! (hehe)
1) a skydiver who lives too far from the dropzone
2) a devoted daughter and family member
3) a perennial college student
*if* I had been allowed to add a fourth, it would be 4) rape crisis/domestic violence worker
so three words huh? not one of us has only used three so far! hahaha does that mean we are self-centered? what if i wanted to add that i am good in ---? ok, ok, sorry frogger, just playing around! LOL :D
The Sistah

oh sis. thats funny. i had originally written in this area of the post "in three words" but then i realized that one word might not work. but i toally forgot to change the title of the thread too. hehe. woops. i guess my fourth description would have to be "a girl who has only slept 18 hours out of the past 92 hours, but who doesnt feel tired oddly enough. Maybe its that "graceful" landing i took yesterday but i cant seem to find a comfty position besides sitting in this chair. who knows? I just wonder why in the hell my neck muscles hurt too.
froggie

Ummm...Thinks......takes pain killers......
1. skydiving cycle tourist.
2. skydiving bushwalker.
3. skydiving photograhper.
There that's better. I feel somewhat more, well,,,,er,,,, DEFINED really..:-)
Anyway wingy you US military people put on a HELL of a diwplay at the Aust. airshow at Avalon. The f16 may be noisy but the b52 is a LOT noisier. The prize for LOUD just has to go to the Boneyard Warrior (Australian F111) doing a full afterburner takeoff...:-) I've put some pix up on http://members.optushome.com.au/forsythm/ (i bet i screwed that up again...) A photographers pass lets you get very, VERY close to the action. Like about 20' from the runway edge sort of close...:-)
Ooroo
Mark F...
Edited by markf on 3/14/01 04:41 AM.

Wow, Froggie, great thread! It's hard to just pick 3 words, especially @ 5am, but here's my attempt:
* passionate - about my husband, about skydiving (of course!), about quilting & knitting
* dedicated - to my job(desktop support), to my hobby business(quilting/needlework)
* happy - wonderful hubby, great job, skydiving!, good friends, ... :)Blue Ones,
Karen

humm. i know what froggie is thinking on this one so i'm going to go more along the traditional route. =c)
1. Skydiver who is obsessed with a rockin' 4-way
2. Music Therapist in Training
3. Web Designer
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks

Hmmm...I like to believe I'm somewhat more complicated then three descriptions, but I think that's just a woman thing :)1. Lucky - Great family, fantastic kids and a husband I'm madly in love with.
2. Persistent - I'm still skydiving aren't I? LOL! I'm also working on starting college part-time this fall...finally!
3. Complicated - People are usually surprised at the wilder side underneath the mom/wife/responsible person. ;)
I am actually pretty proud of how far I've come since getting knocked up and married at 17 :) I still graduated with honors...if I can do that while supporting myself on my own I can lick this instability thing. LOL!
Pammi

Usually, it's a 24-hour window post-scuba before a jump, or any flying. That's why you always see tourists in Hawaii buying souveniers(sp?) just before getting on the plane back to the real world. Jumped and Scuba'ed in Hawaii this past January- Sweeeet! For us .mil folks- free airfare to Honolulu.... :)) No money on airlines=many more jump tix/scuba excursions/beers.
P.S. I wanna do that "Tomorrow Never Dies" skydive from 30,000-open at 1,100-chop at 100'- drop right into the water and scuba thing. IT WAS SWEET!
Havin' a Guiness at 10 A.M.,
-DrunkMonkey

I know I can't do this in three words...
1) skydiver with broken wings who is jonesing to make a Jump really really bad!
2) curious - I want to know everything about everything!
3) writer
4) daydreamer
see? told ya I couldn't do it in only three!
pull and flare,
lisa