VanillaSkyGirl

My mother is in the hospital. Please send prayers and vibes.

Dearest Cora and Michele,
I was not at home when my brother first called me about my mother. I was on my way to the dentist. Mom had called me earlier, but then I couldn't reach her after I spoke with you.

My dentist is an hour away from me by my parent's home. There was a fire downtown that almost doubled my driving time. Therefore, I was running late to my appointment. I left a message for my mother to try to reschedule our shopping/dinner evening. We wanted to find the perfect presents together for my aunt/uncle's 25th anniversary party. We alo needed to finish paperwork for our upcoming trip to Russia.

After the dentist, I called my mother, again. It was strange that I couldn't reach her. It was even stranger that I couldn't find you two. I just now looked up Kung Pao again, and I only found one in Sherman Oaks or Studio City [not Encino].) :| I usually only drive somewhere when I have exact directions, but since there was no computer in my car, and no time left...I went for it.

I drove to Ventura and Encino. Then I drove up and down Ventura to both ends of the city of Encino. After I KNEW that I was fully lost, ridiculously late (almost 7p.m.) and blinded by the sun, I pulled over. I had to use a pay phone as my cell hates me. You couldn't hear me, Cora, so you hung up on me twice! LOL! I drove to another pay phone, and your voice mail picked up. I had a stronge urge to meet with my mother. Therefore, I gave up seeing you and left a message that we would meet some other time.

I drove back to Macy's and called my mother to try some night shopping with me. I heard the answering machine pick up...again. I remember feeling nervous. As I was leaving yet another message, my mother's close friend's voice answered. Tingling and weakness overcame my whole body. My parents never let visitors pick up their phones.

I vaguely heard her tell me that my mother was not home. Then, I could hear her heels...running on the wooden floors of the kitchen...in the background. She's running out of the room, where my grandmother was sitting. She then said my mother was OK, but that she was in the hospital. I didn't believe her. Blood drained from my extremities as I closed the door to a Ladies' Room stall that I had somehow entered. I sobbed. Please God, do not take her away, too.

Then, I called you, again, Cora. My mother will have more tests. It is still possible that she will be fine. Have a lovely weekend, Cora, Michele, Arthur, Sparky, Dgskydive and anyone else that I was supposed to see this weekend. I will be with my mother.

Rosa,

My heart goes out to you sweetie. Know that I have you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. After everything the Dr's have said about Eric fighting so hard because of all the support he has, I firmly believe the same applies to your mom. If you need anything please let us know and we'll figure out how to make it happen for you.

Big Hugs little one, call me if you need a friendly ear (PM sent),
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

More vibes and prayers coming over -- hope things turn out OK.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ah, Rosa, I'm so sorry to read your story. [:/] You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope they are able to figure out quickly what is wrong with her. I know this will be a busy and stressful day for you, but you have my number if you want to talk.

Hugs, Sweetie! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You need to get some rest. Go to bed!
Sparky

Yes, dad!!! :o :$

You caught me. I was up, again (still). I couldn't sleep. I was researching the possibilities for the symptoms.

(Wait, why were you still up, Mr. Sparky?)

Thank you, everyone, for the loving thoughts. It REALLY helps. Please keep the love flowing...