AggieDave

Annoying postings?

What annoys ME? Blatant post whoring. I cannot stand it when people PW just for the sake of racking up numbers. No new "PW" rating is going to make you a better skydiver, so please just chill out. I am FAR too busy nowadays editing and deleting stupid shit out of these forums. Listen, I get around to a LOT of boogies, so if you think getting pissy with me or any of my cohorts is going to get you anywhere, you are sadly mistaken. Once again: CHILL if you have nothing productive to say.

Edited to say: yes, this is a fantastic place to build relationships and make friends from all over the world. Yes, Talk Back is a sort of chat room, but there really do need to be some guidelines.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
"I have my finger on the magic button"

What annoys you?

For me its when people can't use the markup correctly, especially when they can't use the quote tags correctly.

Stupid Aggie Jokes...

Like:

THE TEXAS REPORTER

Two boys are playing football at this park in a small town in Texas when one of the boys is suddenly attacked by a crazed Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy takes a stick and shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it, and breaks the dog's neck, thus saving the life of his friend.

A local sports reporter who was strolling by sees the incident and rushes over to interview the boy. He tells the boy he's going to write the story and says, "I'll title it "Young Longhorn Fan Saves Friend From Vicious
Animal.'"

But I'm not a Longhorn fan," the little hero replies.

Sorry, since we're in Texas, I just assumed you were," says the reporter and he starts writing again.

He asks "How does 'Aggie Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack" sound?"

I'm not an Aggie fan either," the boy says. Oh, I thought everyone in Texas was either for the Aggies or the Longhorns.

What team do you root for?" the reporter asks.

"I'm just visiting my cousin, I'm an Oklahoma Sooner or an Oklahoma State. fan," the boy replies. "They're just the best!"

The reporter smiles, starts a new sheet in his notebook, and writes:
"Little Redneck Bastard From Oklahoma Kills Beloved Family Pet

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What annoys ME? Blatant post whoring. I cannot stand it when people PW just for the sake of racking up numbers. No new "PW" rating is going to make you a better skydiver, so please just chill out. I am FAR too busy nowadays editing and deleting stupid shit out of these forums. Listen, I get around to a LOT of boogies, so if you think getting pissy with me or any of my cohorts is going to get you anywhere, you are sadly mistaken. Once again: CHILL if you have nothing productive to say.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
"I have my finger on the magic button"

you are a scary monkey. did someone tinkle on your bananas this morning? just kidding :)
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

oooh ooh, i know this one!! pick me, pick me

Ooh! Ooh! Chuckie's gonna gitcha!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hrm, what annoys me? Well lemme tell ya.

1. I hate when people make posts saying "i'm not a newbie anymore".

2. People that come out of nowhere and make 50 posts in 2 days.

3. People that can't quote or markup correctly.

4. People that don't have spaces between their post and sig line.

Thats all i got for now.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I don't really care for posts that are full of typos or misspellings, ungrammatical usage, and poor word choice ... that call some group of people stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does, right ;)

Wendy W
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Does anyone really think I was kidding?

Have to admit, I'm reading A LOT less posts these days due to the fluff nature of them. I like the Talk Back Forum and the occasional PW threads were funny from time to time, but some people are taking it to a very annoying level.

-Judgemental posts, especially those that border on personal attacks. Solution: folks should post from their own experiences and let the reader choose whether or not it works for them.

-Posters that hide something in their posts, especially when posting about something very serious like incidents. Not being clear about intentions or having ulterior motives behind a post falls into this category. Solution: be clear about statements, questions, intentions, and reason(s) for posting

-Frequently repeated posts about the same subject, e.g. "Advice on buying my first rig?," or "To RSL or not to RSL?" Solution: search the forums before posting.

[:/]
Arrive Safely

John