dropoutdave

Whats your home town famous for?

This is my home towns finest.......http://www.ananova.com/images/web/30350.jpg

A man who holds the world record for having the most clothes pegs clipped to his face has narrowly failed to beat his own mark.
Garry 'Stretch' Turner, from Grimsby, was hoping to clip more than 153 pegs to his face at the launch of the 2004 Guinness Book of Records in Manchester.
But his effort at the city's Arndale Centre failed when he managed to clip on only 150 pegs, says the Manchester Evening News.
The latest Guinness Book of Records features 1,000 new world records and is printed in 23 languages.

Man I love my town...;)

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Winnipeg has a surprising number of famous or important people:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Village/1479/famous.html

Notably:

Politics/war: Sir William Stephenson, 'the spy called Intrepid"

Entertainment: Burton Cummings and the rest of The Guess Who including Randy Bachman (BTO). Lenny Breau (jazz guitar great), Bif Naked (punk), the Crash Test Dummies (pop), Adam Beach (Naitive actor in Windtalkers and other movies), Monty Hall (Let's make a deal)

Art: Sculptor Leo Mol, author Margaret Lawrence, Artist Charles Thorason (original illustrator/cretor of BUGS BUNNY)

Hockey: (hey, it's icy here 5-6 months of the year): Bobby Hull (1st $1M salary), Billy Mosienko (3 goals in 21 seconds - NHL record), Terry Sawchuk (NHL goalie, too many award s to list).

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)