dropoutdave

Whats your home town famous for?

The town I go to university in has the worlds first department of international politics, founded in 1919. AND one of the highest (top 3 if not the highest) pub to student ratios in the uk. I give you ABERYSTWYTH, a small town on the welsh coast, 60 miles from the nearest major city! (ANd 4 hours from the DZ...:()

The town where I was raised..
Arbroath,
famous for the 'Declaration of Arbroath' of 1320.
http://www.electricscotland.com/history/darbroath.htm...."for so long as a hundred of us are left alive, we will yield in no least way to English dominion. We fight not for glory nor for wealth nor honours; but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life.
"
Secondly for its famous 'Smokies' (smoked haddock a rare delicacy).
Thirdly for it legendary defeat of Bon Accord by 36-0 in a soccer cup tie . http://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/Misc/36_0_Team.htm
Last and not least, The Bell Rock Lighthouse. http://www.bellrock.org.uk/

Just in case you hadn't realised the great importance of these claims to fame...:)

Oh, and there used to be a servcieable DZ nearby at Kinnell (Paraclan)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Now the weather has turned bad in the UK we could put all our efforts into pegging your face. One of us must be able to beat 153.

BTW - Port Glasgow , famous for ship building. The Comet was a paddle-steamer launched in Port Glasgow in 1812. Built by Henry Bell, it became the first sea-going steamship to operate commercially in Europe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think my attitude stinks you should smell my fingers

Town where I grew up: Belmont, Massachusetts, voted "Most Boring Town" in the Boston metropolitan area. Famous for being a dry town, no alcohol allowed, and for being BORING.

Town where I live now: Johannesburg, South Africa, always in the Top 5 of the "World's Most Dangerous Cities", also known as "Crime Capital of the World" and "What the hell are you doing living there voluntarily when everyone else is trying to leave?"

I guess I'm just happier on the edge!

-T
It's the Year of the Dragon.

vienna - the home of "Manner Schnitten" - if you have no idea what i'm talking about you gotta see terminator III

(besides that: home of many classical composers and writers like arthur schnitzler & stefan zweig, sigmund freud developed psycho-analysis here, new years concert is broadcast over the world from one of our concert-halls - ok i'll stop bragging :P)
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Fritos,chili, and LoneStar Beer. ........Oh and apparently some years ago there was a nasty scuffle of some sort at a famous tourist spot called the Alamo.

You forgot the riverwalk, and George Strait. The spurs (nba champs), and ummm, ummm, ummm, yeah, that's it.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

You guys would like this town.... couple of guys owned a bike shop here, later became famous for something else.
Also, first free-fall jump using a manually operated parachute from an airplane happened here.

Now "McCook's" isn't an air field to people here, it's an adult store :S
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

LONG ISLAND:
iced tea
Lolita (joey buttafuco)
the hamptons
some stupid college kids(hazing with pine cones incident)

all kindsa silly goins on on Long Island....

edit:

BTW- by hamptons I mean the chick who ran over 14 ppl and got away with it:S
My photos

My Videos

Wildblue, I lived in Dayton for a few years.

as for mine: Oxford, OH, home of the original Miami University. Chartered in 1809, it (and OU over in Athens) was the first institute of higher learning west of the Applachians.

Also, Miami is called the "Cradle of Coaches" because of the large number of famous/successful football coaches who either played at Miami or coached there: eight national "Coach of the Year" winners, including legends such as Red Blaik (Army), Woody Hayes (Ohio State), Ara Parseghian (Notre Dame), John Pont (Indiana) and Bo Schembechler (Michigan). Miami’s great pro alumni include Weeb Ewbank (Colts and Jets) and Paul Brown (Browns and Bengals).

Weeb Eubank was my mom's patient for years after he retired in Oxford.

Betcha didn't know that...;)

Oh, and Miami was a university before Florida was a state, and the people who settle Miami, FL were originally from the Ohio valley.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Oyster Bay:
Summer home of Teddy Roosevelt

Also made famous by the Billy Joel song:

From a town known as Oyster Bay, Long Island
Rode a boy with a six-pack in his hand
And his daring life of crime made him a legend in his time
East and west of the Rio Grande

(Note that Billy Joel actually lived in Hicksville, but that doesn't sound as cool. Most of Hicksville is technically within the Oyster Bay town limits.)

Lets see,
from Walnut Creek,

The High School with the longest win streak, De La Salle High School, is located here, Jason Newstead from Metallica was born and raised here, Joe DiMaggio was born in Martinez which is the next town over. Also in Martinez, John Muir lived and died.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

hell most of L.I. is famous in billy joels songs!;)

scenes from an italian resturant is actually sinign of CHRISTIANO's in syosset!
the N.Y state of mind totaly sooths me when I miss NY.

he was in my mothers high school (2 grades up)

but HICKSVILLE always made me laugh. shouldnt that be a town in the south?
My photos

My Videos