MyOwnWay

To Pierce or Not To Pierce?

not to be rude, but apparently you aren't dead set on a particular piercing... it seems like the grab towards it is "piercing" itself.

don't do any of that stuff unless you realllly have thought about it and want it. It does effect employment in teh future, and if removed will leave scars or potentially heal funny.

__

I think is hot, apparently everyone dissagrees, but if you like it go for it!!

THANK YOU!!! at least someone thinks i'll look cute with it!

i have just been having this urge to get pierced again. i looked into getting an industrial in my left ear, but the parlor wouldn't do it. so, asking around others thought that a lip ring, nose ring, or eyebrow ring would look adorable.
eventually i'll get the industrial without question, but i really want another piercing.

*edit to add: I have given a lot of thought into the lip piercings and the industrial, but not the nose and eyebrow. it's been on my mind for the past several months.

ok...

that part of the lip is a BAD place to pierce. Period. The skin is very soft and sensitive and thin, and you move it a lot when talking and eating.

The way those piercings are done, judging by the pictures, they are surface piercings (just through the outside or very top of the lip, not actually completely from one side to the other). If you put a surface piercing in an area that moves a lot, they tend to migrate out. migration leaves an ugly scar.

if you're going to do a labret, do it below the lip. the skin there is tougher than the actual skin on the lip, so the piercing is unlikely to move.

However, I still think you're too pretty to want to distract from your face. When people get those kinds of piercings, all people see are the piercings, not the person, ya know?

Just to be a bit different - I've seen many people, girls in particular, talk about getting lips pierced, only to have everyone tell them that it would ruin their looks etc.

When they went on to do it, as most of them did, they :o still looked as attractive as ever! :o These days, employers aren't so conservative as they used to be, though if you're heading into politics, PR, or media it's still something to bear in mind.

Sooo, if it's what you want, go for it. The people objecting could get hit by a bus before they get to see it, so what the hell.

Either way, I'd still try it on with you in a pathetic drunken stylee! What's this behind me - oh, it's the line I've just crossed...

P.S. What's an industrial? Assuming it's not some sort of miniature smelting plant?

P.P.S. Don't do the labret, I know people who have had to have facial reconstruction due to those little buggers.

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

I say no.

But if you do, I think that look would only work w/ more piercings and like purple or red manic panic strips in your hair. It's one of those things you have to go all the way w/ or not at all.

I also concur w/ the group that your are hot enough as it is w/ out the lip piercing.;)

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

An industrial piercing is through the top portion of cartilage to a lower point. See the pic attached.

I have already experimented with the hair dye. I had chunky bright pink stripes for two days. Loved it, and considering having all light light light pink with blonde highlights or tips.

I'll give the piercing more thought. A few more months and I should know for sure.

No extra piercings in your face. Your hot!! don't put anything that will distract from you.
I say get your belly button pierced, that is sexy.

Just my 2cents

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It's not something you regret . It's something to aspire to." Mitch Albom

As someone who took up an appertinceship in body piercing and has also had around 25 + body piercings , let me say this. If you are doin' it so it'll be "cute", you may end up regretting it. You have to take care of it, let it heal, accept that people are goin' to look at you different - not everyone will find it cute, it can effect future employment options and if you do decide to take it out, you may or may not have a scar. I have seen people who heal fine and I have seen people who have small scars for years (I have a couple myself from older piercings). I am not trying to encourage or discourage you, just offering some advice.