moodyskydiver

would you send it back?

Another small issue with my Mirage as well. They forgot some embroidery on mine.:(

It was too much hassle to send it back so I just chalked it up to poor attention to detail and I know who I won't be ordering my new rig from this summer.

Kris

Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Yeah, I talked to Bill Hallet about it. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal and said, "Well, if you want to send it in, it will take a few weeks to get to..."

At that point, I had to politely end the call before I lost it. I'm sorry, but "a few weeks" isn't going to cut it as I had just sold my old rig.

It wasn't a functionality issue so I let it go.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Kris, you know Heather and the gang at Sunrise Rigging (Wings) worked with me every step of the way when I was ordering mine back in the summer. We PM back and forth now on rigging questions that I have, etc. Hell, I called and asked her if I could buy some patches for my jumpsuit, etc. She mailed some out for free and included some stickers and other stuff, just for asking. She didn't even ask me my address, she just said "David, the Aggie, right? Ok, then consider it mailed."

That's quality customer service right there.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah I'm probably going to keep it as is and just see what they might be willing to do to make up for the mistake. I'm going to double check my order form and the dealer's records with my dealer to be sure where the problem occurred first.Then I'll go from there.I do have to say that when the shipping mix up happened everyone at Mirage was very helpful and cooperative.Anyway, I'm sure it'll all work out.I just need to get back in the air so I can get ready to jump my gear.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

and I know who I won't be ordering my new rig from this summer.

Ditto if I ever get a chance to get a new rig. But then, anyone who knows me knows of past frustrations I had with my rig and Mr. Hallet.

On one hand I'd say send it back because you paid for it and should get exactly what you want, but on the other, be prepared to wait a while to get it back.

Pam

Go jump the hell out of that thing

I cant jump it right now. I dont have a main for it and I dont have the $ to have it assembled. Also,I dont have my license and the SDU coaches I'm working with want me to work on my canopy skills more before I downsize to the size main that will fit in my rig.I'm not sure when I'll be jumping my new baby.[:/]

Kris, you know Heather and the gang at Sunrise Rigging (Wings) worked with me every step of the way when I was ordering mine back in the summer. We PM back and forth now on rigging questions that I have, etc. Hell, I called and asked her if I could buy some patches for my jumpsuit, etc. She mailed some out for free and included some stickers and other stuff, just for asking. She didn't even ask me my address, she just said "David, the Aggie, right? Ok, then consider it mailed."

That's quality customer service right there.

Yeah, Heathers awesome! I bought my wings USED, emailed them about an RSL (as it had been removed by previous owner)
Heather replies the next day with: Just give me your address and we'll send one on it's way. She also provided me with a bunch o' stickers. That's great I mean, I hadn't even spent a dollar there yet.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

quote: "i'd keep it until the first reserve re-pack, then ship it to them and have them simply change out the reserve flap, mirage will probably be more than happy to pick up shipping fees, and change out the flap at no charge to you." end quote.

Replacing a reserve pin cover is easy on a Mirage, Shipping and matching colors are the hassles.
Replacing a Mirage reserve pin cover only involves one row of stitching. You may even be able to convince the Mirage factory to mail it to your local master rigger and have him sew it on during your next reserve repack. That way your down time will be limited to 1 day.
Speaking of down time, insist that Mirage sew up the replacement flap NOW, while they still have that exact color of blue Cordura in the shop. If you wait 4 months, your replacement pin cover will be cut from a different bolt of fabric and the colors will never match exactly.
The other advantage of ordering the replacement flap NOW, is that - if you chose to mail it back to the factory - it will be a one day turn around 'cus they wil not have to wait for the ladies in production to sew it (normally a week or ten day process).

In conclusion, ask Mirage Systems to sew up the replacement flap NOW! Then ask them which Texas-based Master Rigger they trust to sew it on straight. Since it will be covered under warranty, they can compensate your local Master Rigger with dollars or spare ripcords, etc. The replacement will still be free to you and you will avoid all the shipping hassles.

Rob Warner
pompous Master Rigger
Rigging Innovations Customer Service Manager emeritus

Yeah, Heathers awesome! I bought my wings USED, emailed them about an RSL (as it had been removed by previous owner)
Heather replies the next day with: Just give me your address and we'll send one on it's way. She also provided me with a bunch o' stickers. That's great I mean, I hadn't even spent a dollar there yet.

i've had a broken stitch on my new wings, so my rigger called them and they took care of everything (including shipment to&from Israel)
good CC, although i didn't get any stickers :P
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Well since my dealer appears to be out of town until later in the week I went ahead and called Mirage. They were super nice and really tried to help to the best of their ability.They are going to get in touch with my dealer and we're going to see how to best approach the situation.Hopefully,everything will be worked out by tomorrow. I was told if I sent it back to Mirage I would have it back in about a week or I could choose to have them make another reserve flap and find a master rigger to replace it for me. I can relax and rest easy knowing this isnt going to turn into a big hassle and that Mirage is trying to do everything to my satisfaction.Bill,Connie and Becky were all great and extremely friendly and helpful.

Thank you Mirage!!!:)

Now you're cooking, darling. See, the folks in skydiving care about your order! Have them fix it and have it ready to jump in a week. That's honoring your parent's investment in your jumping career, and giving the manufacturer the opportunity to provide excellent customer service.

One of the hardest things to do, in life, is hold people accountable to their promises. But everybody wins when they keep their word.

JP

Well,I dont know a master rigger..so prob my best option is to just send it back which still seems like a bit fo a hassle.I'm gonna discuss possible compensation w/them tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe I could get a mini bag made that matches my rig and a tshirt or something..maybe free spare handles? Not sure they'd go for it though. But they were really great and more than efficient and very tactful.Atleast I know the company cares and is trying to make things right.I havent even jumped my new Mirage yet and I'm already on my way to being a very satisfied customer:)

Here Moody, for the sake of argument, let me be your Daddy.

"Sweetie, I got all the money in the world to make you happy. But you get what I paid for, you-hear? You asked for blue reserve cover flaps, and that's what Daddy paid for, so make sure the nice people at Mirage make it so."

I'm not being facetious, get the blue fricking flaps you decided on after polling all of us knuckleheads.;)

Your Daddy,

JP
:)

I'm gonna discuss possible compensation w/them tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe I could get a mini bag made that matches my rig and a tshirt or something..maybe free spare handles? Not sure they'd go for it though.

Let us know what they say. I'd be surprised if they were willing to give you expensive merchandise for free when they've offered to fix it quickly, but hey, you never know.
Skydiving is for cool people only