billvon

Bill's list of undeniable truths

Politicians lie.

If a politician promises to deliver exactly what you want with no costs to anyone, be very wary of that politician.

Politicians would like to believe they have a lot of control over the economy, despite evidence to the contrary.

People are easier to manipulate if the manipulators make people believe it's a black and white choice - one party, one candidate, one country is right and the other is wrong.

Most people want to believe there is always a black and white choice.

Most people want to be on the winning team.

There is no limit to how stupid people can be. There is, unfortunately, a limit to how smart people can be.

A preacher can believe in creationism all he wants; no problem. But if your doctor doesn't believe bacteria can evolve, you're in trouble.

Wars are the last resort of failed diplomacy, not the first tool in a diplomat's arsenal.

The natural world provides us with a nearly unlimited source of raw materials for our use, and a nearly unlimited sink for throwing trash away. Overusing, unnecessarily destroying or putting that source at risk is stupid. We don't have another one if we break this one.

Everyone - people, companies, and countries - should clean up their own messes.

Throwing your trash over the fence into your neighbor's yard does not make it your neighbor's problem. It's still your trash.

If you use a lot of _anything_ that has a finite supply it becomes more expensive in the long run. This is an effect of capitalism, not an evil plot.

Anything called undeniable usually isn't.

Throwing your trash over the fence into your neighbor's yard does not make it your neighbor's problem. It's still your trash.

What about my X-wife, I threw her in the neibors yard and she was trash.;)

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Does this work the same for throwing it out of your car window?
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Anyone else read "The Prince" by Machiavelli? Right on!

A little hard to get through unless you major in Poly Sci but I did read it nonetheless. Required reading for anyone seeking office (IE power and control). It should be called "manipulation 101".

I live near DC and learned to distrust politicians at an early age. They are only human. I try to judge them on individual acts, not speech or party affiliation. I sort of pity them. Only a fool would take on such responsibility. But hell someone has to do it. I truly believe that humans will always have a class of "super citizens" ruling the others. It seems natural. Not that I want anything to do with that. I have enough problems just making decisions for myself let alone others.

Does this work the same for throwing it out of your car window?

It should. Or even blowing your trash outside your car window.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Listen to this man.

Yes, I certainly do. If Bill takes the time to write something, you can bet that will be worth your time to read it.

Bill falls into a special category that (in my eyes) only my older brother fell into pre-Bill. They are both brilliant, yet amazingly down-to-earth...astute, yet incredibly friendly. :)
Edited: The Prince is a very good book...

There is no limit to how stupid people can be. There is, unfortunately, a limit to how smart people can be.

I see that one as the opposite, actually. Luckily, people such as yourself never put limits on yourself with how much you can learn, grow and experience. While I'm often amazed at other people's stupidity, I'm more amazed by the intelligence of others.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning