TribalTalon

how many young sky divers are there on this board?

ok
i have 24 and in my country they consider that i`m 2 OLD for skydiving competions ;);)
on my DZ we have 2 - 16 years girl, one 17 girl (with more tha 120 dives)
the most experienced on my DZ (except instructors) have 23 years (more than 900 dives)

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

the cultural gap between me and a 40 year old sky diver

Dude, ... Im gonna T E L L, nah na na naaa nah -Luminous Larry will catch you.

The way I see this 'how many youngsters thread',
and after viewing the content of posts is-

... 'Older' skydivers made it all safe for you and ME. Friends of mine tested the first squares. Prior they jumped rounds. Today we all get a kick out of seeing Catfish jump a round. That is a big -event- and we all stick our camera helmets up and film it. Now, imagine yourself jumping, packing it then jumping it out of a little plane, one-two jumps, if you were lucky. You hoped to land not a terrible long walk back to the airport. There was no way to CReW jump a round. Freeflying was about suicidal.

You should sit down with the likes of Scotty Carbone and others, and hear some stories. It blew my mind. I couldnt believe all the things these skydivers did for us in this sport. They did it all.

A Freak Brother number meant something. Now there are so many 'numbers' you can get its all diluted.

Earlier I might have posted something just like this looking for other GIRLS. Now, we are increasing in numbers. Last I checked it was like 14% women now its more by 1%.

The ages according to USPA
0-29 – 20.3%
30-39 – 32.7%
40-49 – 26%
50-59 – 13.3%
60+ - 4%
Not reported – 3.7%

72% are 39+ in age
Listen to them and make friends. They will help you get to greater heights in your skydiving.

If you are looking to find people share music with, you will likely find people that were pioneers in music. Long before Nirvana showed up, we supported bands by going to see them in tiny clubs. Bands like the Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Clash, The Cult, OMD, PIL, X and etc.

The older skydivers can tell some awesome stories about skydiving and even bands that influenced what you and I listen to today. My band of the moment is Limp Bizkit.

In the past, people crossed their hearts, jumped out, counted in their heads and pulled. In the past slam dancing meant you really got slammed. Peircings were safety pins. MTV was the Midnight Special show you got by antenna. No cable, and B.C. - before computers.

times are ALOT different then 20 years ago when the 40 year old was my age

Maybe, maybe not...

One of these days you will be that 40 year old guy and some one will say "3 doors down, linkin park, Staind" are Lame. Add on the fact that persons will not believe you jumped the stuff you have now.

I am thinking in the future, jump numbers might mean how high you jumped from. 40,000 feet?

Predictions about skydiving in the future might be an interesting subject.

~AirAnn~

I am 22 years old and made my first jump when I was 19. I have over 700 jumps. Made like 300 my first year and have slowed lately for financial reasons....but hopefully that will change soon. :)

Mary
Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

:)
When I grow up? Mmm. I dunna.

Did my 1st night birdman on Saturday evening under a full moon. I've had better landings...:D
but generated much entertainment trying to run off the speed "like a penguin on steroids.":D

It was awesome. Can't wait for the next one, which will be a 2 way!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

It's taken me many years to become this immature ;)

A couple of years ago I felt maturity sneaking up on me. I'm fighting it hard. How do maintain your non-maturity so well? I could use some pointers

Well, here it is - Santa's Guide To Immaturity. Or more of general suggestions, rather. These are just the first ten, in no order whatsoever. One of these days I'm gonna publish all of them.

Since I am not alone (fortunately) in the Mentally Youthful Group, I'll ask those of us who can write to add theirs. Those who've not learned to read or write should get a friendly RWer to help them out. Just hug one and tell him/her you love him/her lots and lots and lots and that should be enough.

1) Water puddles after it has rained have one purpose only - to me stomped, jumped on and splattered around. Preferrably when you're out with people you want to impress. If you don't have an urge to jump one, or even worse, avoid them, you're in serious trouble. It can be fixed however.

2) Smile a lot. The adults will think you're up to no good but will have no idea about what it is. Remember; the prime objective of the Immature is to piss off those lacking this most divine of qualities.

3) Wear different coloured socks. If someone asks, say "Another positive one!" followed by telling them that you've figured only stupid people ask about socks anyway and you want to confirm your theory.

4) Playgrounds are just that. They're to be used. if no other Adult Children are around, you can usually be a bully and get all the good stuff for yourself. Take advantage of that.

5) Shiny things rule. Collect them.

6) Dead animals have a place in every home. Insist on bringing home (or to the DZ) any roadkills you stumble upon (or even better: seek out) and ask RW fliers to bring them to life. if they fail, ask them questions about the afterlife for such animals, beginning each question with "...but how does THAt work?"

7) Place used lollipops and chewing gum in strategic places. The roof of the plane is a good place. De-fluff them on the back of mature people, taste 'em, smack your lips and offer the treat around. Grownups will refuse, whcih gives you information on which silver handles to pull.

8) A mark of an adult is colour coordination and good taste when it comes to dressing. In a perfect world you should be allowed to walk around as God created you. Unfortunately adults are fuzzy about nudity, so make sure you wear a stained t-shirt.

9) "No" means "yes" after two hours of nagging.

10) Tripping on someone's lines when they're packing is usually an accident. Getting away with it 15 times in a day is an art.

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

i'm 22, showing up to zhills this past summer, i just took over being the baby skydiver of the dz,

jody i bet you're glad i showed up huh, since now you're not the baby anymore;)

Hahaha, I'm still younger than you, sorry. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

19 year old here with 28 jumps as of yet. Only wished i had started earlier!:P I had a guy at my dz from south africa, 18 with over 500 jumps. He was a tandem instructor and just recently got his AFF instructor rating. I didnt know he was that young for several months. Crazy, i should have lived in south africa. I could have started at 15 like he did!

B Moore

'Turbulence is a bitch'