mchamp

Your Reserve WL

my reserve is 225 sq.feet...:|

if i have a cutaway,
i'll be loading it @ less than 1 to 1B|

if i have a total,
i'll be loading it at More than 1 to 1 ..;)

jmy

Big mac?

Happy meal?

Main canopy? ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

my reserve is 225 sq.feet...:|

if i have a cutaway,
i'll be loading it @ less than 1 to 1B|

if i have a total,
i'll be loading it at More than 1 to 1 ..;)

jmy

Big mac?

Happy meal?

Main canopy? ;)

I know that, I was just curious since 8lb made that much of a difference, would a burger?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

have not eaten a BIG Mac in over 20 years..... yuck.
too old for a Happy meal....wouldn't want one anyway...

Main is a PD Spectre 210...

i'm at 205. so if the main is still in my container my 225 reserve is loaded more than 1 to 1 ...

if the main is out, and cutaway, i guess i'm just under 1 to 1 ...

right??/

jt

With all this talk about reserve WL and reserve line twist...

I did a search but the posts I found were from 2002 and 2006. I think things have changed since then so I'm doing this again.

What is your reserve wing loading?

What reserve (and size) canopy is it?

Mine: PD Optimum Reserve 143 loaded @ 1:1

Reserves are not z-p fabric. It is folly to think you can load them like a z-p main and get the same results.

I have a smart 135, Icarus 138, and PD 143. My mains are all 135's
Onward and Upward!

My reserve WL is 1,5:1, it's a Speed 2000, 135 sqft made by Paratec. My main is a XFire2 129 (1,6:1) so they go together well.
I already had a ride with that reserve , however with the rig of a sportsmate of mine. Didn't have any problems, was easy to handle, didn't really feel like a reserve - meaning, good flare, easy and smooth flying, direct response to toggle input.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

stalking me much!?

I don't know, is that what you call the thing you do? You know, just click a stupid face as a response?

I am just reciprocating your psychotic behavior. Now go spend the 5 minutes typing me a PM so I can just delete it without reading it again.

>If you have personal experience with such a situation or know someone who does, please say so.

Tammi from Elsinore. Dislocated right shoulder, had to deploy her reserve with her left hand, could not flare it. Fortunately her reserve (a PD126) was fairly lightly loaded.

>What specific wing loading do you recommend?

Up to you. What specific wing loading would you be OK landing without a flare in a cruddy area? Personally I wouldn't go much higher than 1.4.

Reserves are not z-p fabric. It is folly to think you can load them like a z-p main and get the same results.

ZP fabric does not make a canopy design fly and better than the same design made of and F-111 type of material. It just allows the canopy to maintain the flight characteristics longer. Plus it gives the jumper the opportunity to pack ZP.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

If you have personal experience with such a situation or know someone who does, please say so.

What specific wing loading do you recommend?

i know an affi that had this happen. dislocated his shoulder while student was deploying.

ended up with a crash landing on his reserve and messed his shoulder up even worse.

he still isnt jumping and this was last seaon.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

If you have personal experience with such a situation or know someone who does, please say so.

A fellow jumper with a dislocated shoulder landing his reserve without flaring. It didn't kill him but it broke his gear and put him out for a while. After watching the video, think about how fast you want to go under your reserve in the worst case scenarios (e.g. Incapacitated)

Link here - http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3994728;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOXuE4ndBSc&feature=player_embedded#at=276

ZP fabric does not make a canopy design fly and better than the same design made of and F-111 type of material. It just allows the canopy to maintain the flight characteristics longer. Plus it gives the jumper the opportunity to pack ZP.:P

Sparky

+ we will not forgot, the upper side from same rarely reserves are ZPO!
Ever liked from the rigger folks...