jumperconway

Allah or Jesus?............. forwarded

>Allah or Jesus?

>By Rick Mathes

>

>Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session, there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths who explained their belief systems.

>

>I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say.

>

>The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video. After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

>

>When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: "Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a Jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world. And, that by killing an infidel, which is a command to all Muslims, they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?"

>

>There was no disagreement with my statements and without hesitation he replied: "Non-believers!"

>

>I responded: "So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can go to Heaven. Is that correct?"

>

>The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He sheepishly replied: "Yes."

>

>I then stated: "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Pat Robertson or Dr. Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order to go to Heaven!"

>

>The Imam was speechless.

>

>I continued: "I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a question: Would you rather have your Allah who tells you to kill me in order to go to Heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to Heaven and wants you to come with me?"

>

>You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

>

>Chuck Colson once told me something that has sustained me during these 20 years of prison ministry.

>

>He said to me: "Rick, always remember that the truth will ultimately prevail."

>

>--And I believe it shall!

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even if it did not happen, do you think that many/most mainstream Islamic leaders preach exactly as claimed?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Nope. I don't believe that many/most mainstream Islamic leaders preach exactly as claimed. I also don't believe that many/most Catholic priests molest little boys, either.

What I do believe is that the media (surprise!) reports on what sells. In this case, it's 'good news' to hear about Islamic leaders preaching about the slaughter of the infidels. Just like it's 'good news' to report about Catholic priests molesting little boys. In both cases, the minority gets the press, and the majority are left to deal with the aftermath. At least that's what _I_ believe.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Read the rest of the articles on that page. That's some seriously classic "fire and brimestone" revival preach'n. I had enough of that shit for the first 18 years of my life.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

On the other hand . . . at least he doesn't appear to be one of the many that uses religion to line his pockets too much. I mean, how much money can there possibly be in preaching to prisoners?

Just from the small amount I've seen on his web site, yes, he's quite heavy handed, but it appears pretty altruistic.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ok, I hate this, but I'm sucked in.

I vote for Bhudda.

He's Fat, He's Lazy and DAMNIT HE STINKS.

But, far as I know, he's the only, and I mean the only.

The only one that hasn't instructed his followers, somewhere along the line.

TO KILL EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T LISTEN

there you have it.

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Wait a minute . . . whoops . . . seems like -maybe- there is a buck or two in it somewhere.

http://www.charityadvantage.com/missiongateministry/FortGoodShepherd.asp

Ok, NOW he's got my attention. 100 acre ranch, Tennessee walking horses . . . there's a buck or two all right, but from where donations? State funding? Interesting.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I read the rest of the page and some of those articles seem pretty made up... especially the bear one.

and doesn't somewhere in the old testiment of the bible, it says for believers to kill others? So couldn't this reverend get on a jew and yell at him for his religion?

MB 3528, RB 1182

Who Was the Buddha?

Siddhata Gotama was born into a royal family in northen India, in 563 BC. At 29, he realised that wealth and luxury did not guarantee happiness, so he explored the different teachings religions and philosophies of the day, to find the key to human happiness. After six years of study and meditation he finally found 'the middle path' and was enlightened. After enlightenment, the Buddha spent the rest of his life teaching the principles of Buddhism - called the Dhamma, or Truth - until his death at the age of 80.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Ahhhh, you've won the daily double!

And you phrased it in the form of a question!

Too COOL!

However, even though, you still got my point, dint ya?

LOL

peace (without killin peeps)

jjf

All joking aside though, enlightenment is the way in my mind... (that is, if you were choosing sides, getting guns and, oh, wait, back to killing eachother again)
It's a gas, gas, gas...

ARRRRRG, I hate this so much, but here i go too, sucked in.......:|

I for one do not agree with Islamic Religion. I agree that there must be something in their fundemental religion which has caused them as a people to have skewed beliefs towards humanity.

HOWEVER - look at the Followers of Islam here today. 99.99% of them are trying hard to live good, honest, clean lives and do the best for themselves and their families. These are good, wholesome people. The vast majority of them do not go around blowing people up or treating their women badly. I do not believe that they are evil, nor are they going to hell for following a religion which 1400 years ago told them to kil other people for believing differently. Have us (christians) forgotten about the Crusades??? The Inquisition?
I may disagree with a person on these issues, but I will always extend a hand of friendship to them - and I will show a respect for their beliefs.

I get really sick of this sometimes - I do not agree with this approach to handling differences in beliefs.
=========Shaun ==========

OK, this particular one may not be strictly racist but it is Islamaphobic and hate orinentated. I don't belive it for a second either. I was born into a Muslim family and brought up a Muslim. As an adult I became a Christian. I didn't have any problems with any of my family because of it, know why? Because Muslims do not belive that Christians or Jews are 'infidels' or non belivers. In fact unlike Christians who only belive that other Christians will go to heaven Muslims belive that Christians and Jews will go to Paradise/ Heaven. This is because Christians and Jews are classed as 'people of the book'. ie:The Bible. In the Koran it instructs Muslims to belive in the Bible. So either this guy was talking to a uneducated fool or this e mail is a lie. Personaly I belive its a lie created to generate hate, and hate is a tool of the devil.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca