cvfd1399

Kid rock wearing the flag

Man, what you like? Sunburn! Don't tell me you forgot to wear your knotted hanky on yer bonce! Strewth, next you'll be telling me you didn't know theres three sylables in England! :P
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

i did..! but no fear, my feet were well protected. I had socks on to stop the sun burn, but sandles to keep them cool..

clever thinker me... :D
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

>>I am telling you that I do not think this way, but...you ever think that he may think that this country has issues??? Kinda like flying the flag upside down...like he was wearing it??? Just a thought. The way that the flag was hanging that he was wearing was backwards...a sign of a country in distress.

-Slut

<<

I went to a pre-9/11 Kid Rock concert, and despite the fact that I am not really a fan of his music, I'll defend him on this one. His concert was incredibly laced with patriotic sentiment, including large American flags on display in the background. He spent a good bit of time talking about what a great country this is, etc. I believe him to be a very patriotic guy. While I do not appraove of cutting up a flag to wear it, and I can't imagine that he meant to do anything offensive or make a statement of anything other than his own patriotism, even if it wound up being misguided.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

While I do not appraove of cutting up a flag to wear it, and I can't imagine that he meant to do anything offensive

I agree with you completely. I don't think he meant to be offensive. He did a concert in the Hampton Roads area awhile back after the bombing of the Cole and he donated all of the proceeds to the families.

dude how about a NSFW?!?!?!

I'm sure people won't agree with me---but knowing this site and knowing that people do forget to put NSFW sometimes, people should just not open attachments at work if they are worried about getting into trouble. Swim at your own risk.....;)

i'm guessing these are offensive too?

....either of these i'd offer my flag, but bob has to buy his own.....

dude how about a NSFW?!?!?!:S

umm unless you work for Oral Roberts both of those are safe for work..

I can think of a few instances when this point was driven home during my stay in the RTL

sigh...

I kinda miss the lab... I always had so much fun there.

But I still love messing with people.. as I said in one post that very few ever picked up...I will argue any point.. just for arguments sake...BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Still there are all these people who put so much stock in everything patriotic.. yet do not know how to properly maintain or to display this symbol that so many of us cherish.

Kid is an American bad-ass. Here in Detroit we take great pride in the flag, and we are proud to be represented by a true patriot like Kid Rock.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

anybody notice that it says 'should not' and not 'shall not'.

no american ever fought or died for a flag. they fought and died [edit: some of them anyway] for freedom. the freedom, by the way, to burn the fucking flag.

i aint mad at ya dave and i dont choose to use flags in the manners depicted throughout this thread. i just get so worked when i hear people posturing about the flag, the flag, omfg the flag. the flag is a piece of cloth.

Yup, the actule Flag Code is here: http://www.usflag.org/us.code36.html

§176. Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

namaste, motherfucker.

There is a difference between a real flag cut/altered and worn, than garments that have a flag print on them. Even the code shows that flag print hankercheifs and other things are ok. The flag he wore had the white webbing material on the field edge and gold colored grommets on it. It doesn't piss me off just something to note out.

You'd have to burn it just to get the stench off from that dirty fake patriotic piece of shit.

You guys are such hypocrites it's pathetic! You all would be singing a different tune had it been some bimbo with melon boobs and half her ass hangin' out. Geez, get over yourselves, everyone has their own way of being patriotic. Being different doesn't make him any less American! >:(
Kelly <^..^>

Is it ok to wear a piece of clothing that has the flag pattern on it though? Something like a shirt or similar? It happens quite a bit over here, for example, see the VMax tops they wore at the world meet. Or Geri Halliwell when she was a spice girl. But no-one wears an actual flag, cut up, as far as I'm aware.

You'd have to burn it just to get the stench off from that dirty fake patriotic piece of shit.

You guys are such hypocrites it's pathetic! You all would be singing a different tune had it been some bimbo with melon boobs and half her ass hangin' out. Geez, get over yourselves, everyone has their own way of being patriotic. Being different doesn't make him any less American! >:(

First of all, if it were some bimbo with melon boogs and half her ass hanging out (yes this includes Britney and Christina) I still would have been pissed. Everyone has their way of being patriotic, yeah, but tearing up and American flag and then sporting it around is not a way to show it. He might as well have burned the shit on stage. Besides, Kid Rock IS a schmuck. I've been in the music biz, and played with many bands who acted just like him, cocky assholes who only wanna get money, laid, and worshipped. He's doin it for all the wrong reasons. :|

And one more thing, this may just be me, but another patriotic thing off subject that pissed me off was Paul McCartney at the 9/11 concert. He was one of the head performers and he's NOT EVEN AMERICAN. I respect Paul McCartney for all he's done for music today, he's a very talented man with a very warm heart, but I feel thatout of respect for the USA, he should have turned down that gig. :|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

It didn't make me (proud) to see him doing that. The only thing I missed during the 1/2 time show was the return of Jeeeeesuuuusssssss Christ enough already. U2 did a really good job a couple years ago.. or was that last year?

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

And one more thing, this may just be me, but another patriotic thing off subject that pissed me off was Paul McCartney at the 9/11 concert. He was one of the head performers and he's NOT EVEN AMERICAN. I respect Paul McCartney for all he's done for music today, he's a very talented man with a very warm heart, but I feel thatout of respect for the USA, he should have turned down that gig. :|

more than just Americans died in 9/11

no he shouldnt have.

more than just Americans died in 9/11

no he shouldnt have.

Never thought of it that way. You're right. My apologies.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.