TheBile

How to annoy your DZ Pilots.

1) Get a Flight Sim (MS Century of Flight 2004 Recommended).
2) Fly around on it for a week or so.
3) Read all the manuals, especially the ones that detail ATC procedures, landing patterns and VOR Navigaton.
4) Walk up to your pilot of choice, tell him what you've done and say "I'm a pilot just like you now."

If he gives you a genuine laugh or respect for your accomplishment I would be very surprised.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I guess I missed something.

Ed

]1) Get a Flight Sim (MS Century of Flight 2004 Recommended).
3) Read all the manuals, especially the ones that detail ATC procedures, landing patterns and VOR Navigaton.
4) Walk up to your pilot of choice, tell him what you've done and say "I'm a pilot just like you now."

If he gives you a genuine laugh or respect for your accomplishment I would be very surprised.

1) Get a Flight Sim (MS Century of Flight 2004 Recommended).

Dude, I actually have someone who does this. [:/]

Dude, I actually have someone who does this.

And im sure he will be all excited to tell you about his new experinces this summer......B| If I see him I will tell him you are looking forward to talking flight sim with him.....:o

eeneR runs and hides!!!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I perfer to sit around and complain about how bumpy the ride to altitude was, how the jump run was too fast, and how the plane was'nt perfectly level at exit and it caused me to funnel because of that. :ph34r:
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Who elses fault can it be? They don't give control inputs next to the door... Generally you blame the driver of a car if they get lost or get a bad parking spot. Same policy applies to pilots too right? :D
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

That's right!
Tell the pilot how to fly his airplane.
Kind of like the time I was on short final - in a Cessna jump plane - and another plane was slow in getting off the runway, so I just did a normal go-around. After I landed, a jumper angrily asked me why I did not fly a special pattern to shave one minute off the flight time. My reply was "Because I never heard of that pattern before."

Actually, if sitting up front in an otter with a pilot I know, I will roll the nose trim down a couple of notches and see how long it takes the pilot to correct it. I did this once to a pilot all the way to altitude and asked him before we exited if he thought it was weird that he had been trimming the nose up the whole flight. He didn't know what I was talking about. :)
-So, how hard is the ground?!

It is always polite while sitting pilot side in a 182 to ask if the pilot would mind letting you steer, and "just tell me left or right" - -another fun one is to "bump" something on climbout.:D:D:D(like the throttle.):D:D

edited cuz: my fignrse rea slydexic hist omringn
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Ask to see the pilots log book and his last physical to make sure he's safe to fly. Also ask to see his type ratings and at least 3 charector witnesses also for his flying. :ph34r:

Complain about how the pilot could have pulled the airplane closer to the steps so you don't have to walk those extra 5 steps on the next load. :ph34r:

I enjoy talking to ATC also when I sit right seat, so I ask the pilot for the N# every 30 seconds :ph34r:
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

How to annoy your DZ Pilots.

- If you're in a C-182, unzip the headliner, reach inside, and tweak the aeliron cables. (Note: make sure you seat them back in the pulleys properly, so they don't jam!)

- In a twin engine plane, when he doesn't synchronize the props for smooth operation, get everyone in the load to start making the noise "WHHAAaaaooo WHHAAaaaooo WHHAAaaaooo..."

- Send one person from the front of the plane to the rear. Watch the pilot crank in another notch of elevation trim. Repeat as often as necessary until the pilot figures out you're messing with him. (But don't stall the plane from putting too much weight aft!)

I can't make fun of DD since he's my jump pilot. He does have the power to spot me across the river. It really sucks when i have to be nice to someone....:P

You know I would never intentionally put you on the other side of the river (unless the winds were from the east). I have a rep to uphold. Putting someone off intentionally...well, Bo pointed out that I just couldn't bring myself to do that.