JohnRich

Rosie O'Donnell "Weds" Lesbian Lover

O'Donnell announced her wedding plans... just two days after President Bush called for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

A constitutional amendment wouldn't bother her anyway since she advocates only those that suit her personal beliefs. In reality she's little more than an obese biased bigot with money.

We'll see how happy Rosie is when, at some point in the future, her partner "divorces" her, and sues for half of Rosie's fortune.

That's the other half of the equation that all these homosexual people seem to be forgetting right now - Gay Divorce.

I predict that as soon as it starts happening, they'll revert to the Bush position, and say; "Hey, it wasn't a legal marriage in the first place!"

There is the question!!!! What is the % of divorce in the US today, 35% or so??. You have lots of couples "ridding the wave" and honestly I hope they all last forever but I hope the same for any marriage. Knowing the state of marriage in the country that most of us live in (US), I will be very curious about the outcome of the first "Gay Divorce". there will be lots of interesting cases comming out of this... That will be the "wave to ride"!!!!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Is it me, or does she not look so happy? Hope she tied the knot for the right reason. :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

"Rosie O'Donnell married her longtime girlfriend Thursday, taking what she called a proud stand for gay civil rights...

"O'Donnell announced her wedding plans... just two days after President Bush called for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

"'I think the actions of the president are, in my opinion, the most vile and hateful words ever spoken by a sitting president,' O'Donnell said..."

It appears by what she said that she was not doing it for love, or because it was the "right" thing to do. By her words she was taking a proud stand for gay civil rights.

Maybe thousands of straight people should run get married as a proud stand for straight rights. IMHO Ms. O'Donnell is making a mockery of marriage and gay rights.

Here's what I thought to be the most pertinent part. I'm surprised you left it out. Actually, not really.

O'Donnell said she decided to marry Carpenter, a former dancer and marketing director at Nickelodeon, during her recent trial in New York over the now-defunct Rosie magazine. During the case, she referred to Carpenter as her wife.

"We applied for spousal privilege and were denied it by the state. As a result, everything that I said to Kelli, every letter that I wrote her, every e-mail, every correspondence and conversation was entered into the record," O'Donnell said. "After the trial, I am now and will forever be a total proponent of gay marriage."

As I said in another thread, when I quoted the same part... I can't possibly imagine what it would be like to have my most confidential communications with my wife dragged into court during a contract argument.

That alone is the strongest argument I've seen for gay marriage - the ability to have confidential communications with your spouse.

Incidentally, Rosie and Kelli have 4 children togeather, and they've been dating for over 6 years. As to their likelihood of divorce, after dating for six years I suspect it'll be much lower then most hetero couples.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Wouldn't it just be a shocker if the homosexual marriages stayed together and blew that statistic right out of the water

I know a few long-term s/s partners. Few, the percentages seem to work out about the same (from what I've seen, no special statistical info).

I always figured that f/f relationships would be harder. Obviously mine is an outside viewpoint. Simone De Beavoir (Second Sex) wrote that women tend to hurt each other more in arguments because (1) they argue differently (2) they hurt each other in deeper spots.

So glad to see that people that have failed marriages in the past have such open minds about others relationships. :S

If they want to marry fine... grant them the privilages of marriage and also the penilities of it. If you want to be married then you get to go through the same divorce as about 55% of the hetrosexual population. You want the insurance benifits, fine you also get the increased "family risk" thats associated with group plans. You want the spoucal privilage? Fine you also get the public recordkeeping that goes with the marriage (licence, etc)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Here's what I thought to be the most pertinent part. I'm surprised you left it out. Actually, not really.

Copyright law forbids the copying of entire news stories. I provided some excerpts, with a web link to the entire story. Anyone who was interested could click on the link to read it. So it can hardly be suggested that I was trying to "hide" something.

As to their likelihood of divorce, after dating for six years I suspect it'll be much lower then most hetero couples.

You must be psychic to make such predictions.

I would like to know this. If they live in New York, why would they go to San Fran for a wedding that is not legal according to California's constitution, when they could have gone to Mass. where the supreme court has already ruled allowing gay marriage?
I personally don't give a s**t about gay marriage. As long as their happy and raise their kids in a healthy, loving home, who cares.
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

You stole my argument.... Rosie wasn't doing for "LOVE".... She was doing it for the SOAP BOX to stand on....

FYI ROSIE IS A BITCH, but that has noth to do with her being gay. The same is true Martha Stewart.

I guess all people with connections to KMART suck ass!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

>It appears by what she said that she was not doing it for love, or
> because it was the "right" thing to do. By her words she was taking a
> proud stand for gay civil rights.

Or she wanted to get married and was angry that someone was trying to prevent her from doing so. I have a feeling you'd be angry if someone tried to push an amendment that barred you from ever marrying. I mean, here you are talking smack about her, but you wouldn't talk smack about someone who tried to stop you from marrying who you chose?

>IMHO Ms. O'Donnell is making a mockery of marriage and gay rights.

Yeah! It's a shame more people can't live up to the standards exemplified in heterosexual marriages like, say, Britney Spears'.

Of course I would marry britney too.

Getting to Marry Britney for 55hours and getting a pay out of over 50K.

Talk a bout a bird in the hand and the other in the BUSH if you know what I mean!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

FYI ROSIE IS A BITCH, but that has noth to do with her being gay. The same is true Martha Stewart.

I AGREE!!!
And I don't care about sexual orientation. It's the person, and they use other people, that gets me pissed off>:(
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

"Or she wanted to get married and was angry that someone was trying to prevent her from doing so. I have a feeling you'd be angry if someone tried to push an amendment that barred you from ever marrying. I mean, here you are talking smack about her, but you wouldn't talk smack about someone who tried to stop you from marrying who you chose?"

Total speculation on both our parts...I just remember that when I got married it was because I was (and still am) in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (to me). Ms. O'Donnell didn't speak about that aspect. It just made me wonder what her real motivation was.

"Yeah! It's a shame more people can't live up to the standards exemplified in heterosexual marriages like, say, Britney Spears'. "

I agree with you completely. She also has made a mockery of the institution of marriage.

>Total speculation on both our parts...

Yep! But hey, it's an internet discussion group; where would we be without speculation?

>I just remember that when I got married it was because I was (and
>still am) in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (to me).
> Ms. O'Donnell didn't speak about that aspect.

When I got married, the only speeches I made were to thank people for coming, say what great friends I had etc. I don't anyone thought I was pushing anything, or that I didn't love Amy - even though I didn't make a speech to that effect.

So glad to see that people that have failed marriages in the past have such open minds about others relationships.

Was that a personal shot at me Phree?? I know you wouldn't do such a thing?

I didn't have a failed marriage.. I had a failed spouse!! LOL

Rhino

Right again, what would these groups be without speculation. After my wedding, I think that the beverage table made my brain so numb until I couldn't have made a speech thanking anyone. But I still thank God everyday for my wife (15 years later).

And just for the humor...

50% of all marriages end in divorce, the other 50% end in death, I just don't see the bonus points!

Humor everyone...HUMOR!!!!