Gravitymaster

Howard Stern taken off the Air

I pay my taxes to the government and I still have to endure this kind of crap! The government should NOT be allowed to simply fire someone because what they say is offensive.

The government didn't fire anyone. The government didn't pull Howard off the air. His employer did. You seem to be long on outrage and short on facts.

Threats from the FCC against Clearchannel did...

Blog Clicky

Ok bill you are not understanding my point.

I am not talking about people not taking responsibility for their actions.... (I am a staunch supporter of that) What I am saying is:

Example...
A woman and her child DONT know there is a nudy bar there, as they walk down the street. They turn to look at the store widows etc..... You see where this is going.

Next thing you know the 5yr old kid see some stripper with her asshole pinned to this guys nose inside and says... "Mommy, What is she doing?"

Explain that to your kid.

THere is a reason they have blinds on the window!!!

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

This is black mail, pure and simple.

No it isn't.

Blackmail: n
Payment of money exacted by means of intimidation.

The last time the FCC fined Infinity broadcasting because of Stern, they decided to fight the fine in court. While they were doing that, the FCC would not approve any new licenses for Infinity. As soon as they dropped the legal action and paid the fine, the pending licenses were approved.

You would be crazy if you thought that the Senators, Representatives, Governors or Mayors of my state care that pollution is seeping into the soil, causing insect infestations, killing off the corn crop, which increases ethanol prices which in turn affect gasoine prices which hurts the economy which determines the outcome of the next election in 4 years. They are too worried about Janet Jackson's boob and the Howard Fucking Stern show.

So if we get Stern back on the air, it'll stop pollution? :S:D

never pull low......unless you are

You would be crazy if you thought that the Senators, Representatives, Governors or Mayors of my state care that pollution is seeping into the soil, causing insect infestations, killing off the corn crop, which increases ethanol prices which in turn affect gasoine prices which hurts the economy which determines the outcome of the next election in 4 years. They are too worried about Janet Jackson's boob and the Howard Fucking Stern show.

So if we get Stern back on the air, it'll stop pollution? :S:D

Yes. And cure cancer.

Blog Clicky

Next thing you know the 5yr old kid see some stripper with her asshole pinned to this guys nose inside and says... "Mommy, What is she doing?"

OK, I have some experience here. I just happen to be a mother, and my son used to be 5 years old. While we never walked past a nudie bar, he saw things that might not have been appropriate sometimes.

The trick with children is to give them the tools early to deal with life, not to prevent their ever having to deal with it. A situation like that requires rolling the eyes so that the kid can see it, and getting their attention with talking about it. Something like "Dear me -- some people think looking at naked people is nice -- I don't really, that's bathroom/private behavior -- see that bug up ahead?"

That way I get to share my values so he has a tool for decision, rather than simply preventing him from ever having to consider the possibility.

It's not about controlling your kids, or someone controlling your behavior. It's about providing the tools so that they can control their own behavior and language as needed.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Then where is my "Freedom of Choice" ?? Huh?

I am sure it is on the Internet somewhere!!!!!
Where is my freedom of choice to Murder, to do drugs, to rape any chick I want??????

You have to have rules for the good of the nation....Not the good of one individual.

Sorry...

:|
http://sexygirlabs.com/url]

> A woman and her child DONT know there is a nudy bar there . . .

They miss the "NUDY BAR" neon sign, perhaps?

>Next thing you know the 5yr old kid see some stripper with her
> asshole pinned to this guys nose inside and says... "Mommy, What
> is she doing?"

We're talking about open windows into a dark bar, not a stage act behind massive plate-glass windows. If it's an open public display that cannot be ignored by pedestrians because it's physically in their way - I agree with you. If it's an open window into a dark bar, and you have to peer in to see anything at all other than the flashing lights, then the solution is - don't look.

>Explain that to your kid.

Easier than explaining the Iraqi kid with his arms blown off. He was popular on CNN for a bit.