Gravitymaster

Howard Stern taken off the Air

I was partially responsible for getting him kicked off the air in Chicago about 10 years back.....and then he sued me for it (along with a few others). I was logging his FCC violations because we were in the middle of a "radio war."

You weren't involved in cutting their broadcast lines when they were there live, were you? Now THAT's an FCC violation :P

Um, no....but I know who did it ;)

He was going after me for illegal reproduction and distrubution of his show. He was a little upset that my tapes were being sent to the FCC, Shareholders of Infinity and the sponsors on the local station. It was just a job for me - my boss paid me to do it. B|

Clear channel finished at 43.51, up 0.07 (0.16%) [:/]

Look at that - shares went up. Freedom of speech dictated by the shareholders. Noice.

If I was a PD at a radio station in one of those six markets he was dropped in, I would do whatever it took to get Stern on my station ASAP. The ratings influx would be amazing.

Picking up a syndicated show is great on the budget as well - the show sells easily, you only have to pay a board op $10/hour (unless you are a union shop) and you can fire your entire morning show! Instant increase of the bottom line. Those six stations now have to figure out how to handle their mornings - and most of them will have to spend more money than they were before to put a new morning zoo in his place. CCC is going to take a hit all around for this decision.

I wonder if you actually listen to Howard Stern at all. I am in san diego (one of the places he got shut off) and I listen to him almost every day.***

Sorry to hear. Ironically, WJFK, which carries Stern for the Wash DC market is still broadcasting his show. At least until the FCC decides to put pressure on Infinity, I guess.

Apparently he's off the air in Orlando, which is where Wendy the Retard lives, and she called up the show in tears today. It's so sad. Just think, no more lesbians or Penthouse pets. No more Crackhead Bob or Beetlejuice. No more John the stutterer, or Mary the queefer. No more Wheel of Benji, Win Fred's money, or anal ring toss...

Thanks, moral right, for protecting us from Howard Stern. I'm sure all of society's problems will begin to clear up, now... :(:(:(