Gravitymaster

Howard Stern taken off the Air

So throw your fucking TV out...

NO

If your a citizen and you don't like Bush, then VOTE.
that's the system, flaws and all.

Your giving our prez way too much credit. He is not unilaterally destroying or revoking your freedoms.
You can thank our DISRESPECTFUL and selfish society as well as the Howard Stern types, and the criminals and terrorists for that.

Good luck with that Canada thing, hope that works out for you.

I don't speak up often on "touchy subjects" but I have to sound off on this one.

Firstly I don't get Howard Sterns radio show in Houston. So I've never heard his show except from E! tv series of his name. Or what I saw in the movie he made about himself.

So I'm coming from a biased point of view. I've never found anything Stern said on the tv show to be that far off. Granted his PC Factor was a bit skewed. But like people have said turn the dial. You know what your getting if your tune into the Stern show.

Secondly.. Clear Channel Communications is a butt munching ass licking bunch of nazi bastards. With that off my chest.. I can't fucking stand that company force feeding me it's fucking morality. They are a fucking huge media company with thousands of radio stations, billboards and whatever else they can get their grubby little hands on. So fuck Clear Channel and everything else they represent.

Clear Channel with the FCC Approval has pretty much bought up all the local radio stations in certain markets. So now small radio stations can't compete with the media giant.. There used to be a FCC Regulation where you could only own 2 station in the same market and they couldn't be competing. (This is from memory flame me if I'm wrong) Since the FCC opened the markets CCC swooped in, bought up radio stations left and right, even ones with the same formats. So if you listen to album rock, and liked to flip stations in the same market. HA you get the same boring crap on all 2 or 3 stations you used to listen too. They've moved in and fired numerous local talent in many cities. Houston being one. We've lost at least 8 different local DJ talent, people that had been on the air for many year. They've been replaced with these PC Digibots who are about as entertaining as a warm cow turd. These people know nothing of the city, the entertainment, let alone what I want to hear.....

I would call for a Boycot of Clear Channel Communication, but that's almost impossible seeing as you would have to wear blinders and turn your radios off...

I'm sick and tired of the moral majority trying to control what I see, listen to and do... I raise both my hands in the air and FLIP YOU ALL OFF!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Your giving our prez way too much credit. He is not unilaterally destroying or revoking your freedoms.

You're right....his appointed cabinet members are helping.

NO

Why not? Oh, I see...you'd rather dictate what other people can view rather than be inconvenienced your self.

What you people don't seem to realize is that it was NOT the government that pulled Howard, it was Clear Channel.

Howard was paid by them, making him basically an employee. His contract (or his show's contract, whatever) was terminated.

It was a business decision. Time will tell if it was a good or bad one, but the fact remains that unless you start your own radio station, someone will ALWAYS decide what you can and cannot listen to on the radio.

I have no idea how Howard losing his contract has anything to do with govenment censors.

Clear Channel drew a line in the sand.

Howard didn't just step over it, he blew by it at a full bore run.

Howard lost his contract. Simple as that.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

This is bullshit what the goverment is doing to us all based on what's "good for you" FUCK that. I'm 36 years old, I pay my taxed (begrudgingly) I don't need some christian, jew, hindu, buddist, muslim, or what ever religion you want to practice telling me what I want to watch, listen too or do.

IF you do not like something on the TV or the RADIO or in the MOVIES .... DONT GO!! But you do go then when your outraged you blame society. BAH buncha masochists the bunch..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

What you people don't seem to realize is that it was NOT the government that pulled Howard, it was Clear Channel.

That is total BS, the FCC gave CCC a warning to pull him or loose their ability to broadcast in certain markets. Namely the markets his show was broadcast.

So it WAS the goverment.. This is all backlash to the Janet Jackson BOOB shot during the halftime show.. Mark my words, it's only going to get worse >:(

Clear Channel with the FCC Approval has pretty much bought up all the local radio stations in certain markets...
I would call for a Boycot of Clear Channel Communication, but that's almost impossible seeing as you would have to wear blinders and turn your radios off

It goes deeper than a CCC monopoly of media. It is the government infringing on my right to use that media. What if the government decided to kill off all the rock and roll... oldy rock, new rock, hard rock, etc... then where would you be? I would have NOTHING left to listen to without subscribing to a free radio or buying cd's. It is more than CCC owning most of the radio stations and spewing their dumbass politics on me... it is the government's big fucking hand that controls everything and THAT IS THE PROBLEM. It is like the dumbass that sues Big Tobacco after getting cancer from smoking: you know what you are going to get when you start. Turn him off and let me listen to Stern if I want to.

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

What you don't seem to realize is that Clear Channel was fined by the government for another show they air that is similar to Howard Stern. I have a slight suspicion that has something to do with their decision.

If a mobster walks into your convenience store and tells you that if you want to keep doing business in his territory, you have to pay him protection money, I guess he didn't stop you from doing business, you made that decision your self.

This is black mail, pure and simple.

Slappie is right... FCC warned CCC to calm him or lose him. CCC like him, he brought in money all the time with his E! shows, movies, contravercies, etc. The heat was on and they had to act... that is the story that you won't hear until CCC tries to get Stern back.

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

Oh, I see...you'd rather dictate what other people can view rather than be inconvenienced your self.

Inconvenienced myself? I'm not inconvenienced at all, I have no problem not watching or listening to him. That's the easy part.

Dictate what other people can view?
C'mon you with the giving too much credit away AGAIN. Do you not take any responsibility for yourself?

If you like him so much, buy his books/movies... didn't you record his shows?

As a responsible contributing productive member of society we must conclude that providing that censorship is necessary since people have NO RESPECT.

If we had respect for other humans, and we wouldn't need censorship.

Do you think Washington or Jefferson every imagined this type of social pollution? They were SO naive.. they actually thought we could be respectful of eachothers privacies, rights, morals, religious views, education practices, etc..

They were apparently so wrong.

We didn't start out with all these rules and regulations you know, its folks causing harm onto others that has brought this crap on.

Stern being fired was a business decision. Maybe even a STUNT to get PR good or bad PR is good. Perhaps they are just sick of him, it's NOT like it's the first time they have repremanded him and cut him off. Perhaps it was his LACK OF RESPECT THAT FORCED THEM to do this.

What's next?? Witch hunts?
I love this country because we can have a$$holes like Stern on the radio.

I love this country too, but it seems that we need Big Bro to tell us what is and isnt ok to listen too. Wonder what's next? Maybe local book burnings to clean up our libraries.

Why does everyone keep saying that the governement/president/cabinet etc is making decisions for them.

Quote "I don't need the governement tell me.." "I should be able to decide what I..." etc etc etc

Back to what I was saying about being a SELFISH SOCIETY>
As important as you think you may be, I promise no governement official lost sleep last night because of what YOU as an individual MEMBER of a larger society thought about anything.
They are not making decisions for YOU
They are making decisions for EVERYONE, the masses, the future and citizens, non citizens, kids, employees, www surfers.
I'd like to see what your version of our government would look like. I'm afraid I would be afraid to go out of my house, and what then? Whos the terrorist then if I don't feel ok going out of my home? If society is so skewd in one direction that no balance remains... what then?

As a responsible contributing productive member of society we must conclude that providing that censorship is necessary since people have NO RESPECT.

Because you say so? I'm a productive, contributing member of society and I must conclude that a bunch of self riteous, controlling, small minded bastards are in power.

I would be just as upset if it were Rush Limbaugh, or Ann Coulter....

My anger and hatred of this crap has nothing to do with Howard Stern...it has to do with Big Brother and his lackies.

Slappie is right... FCC warned CCC to calm him or lose him. CCC like him, he brought in money all the time with his E! shows, movies, contravercies, etc. The heat was on and they had to act... that is the story that you won't hear until CCC tries to get Stern back.

Yea, pull him, calm him, or pay more fines.

What part of this isn't clear?

WASHINGTON — On the eve of a House hearing on broadcast indecency, the nation's largest radio station chain suspended shock jock Howard Stern's show, saying it did not meet the company's newly revised programming standards.

or this:

"True and lasting change will only be achieved if the broadcast community recommits to its public service roots and its tradition of abiding by community standards of decency," Powell wrote, urging a return to a voluntary code of conduct, which was dropped in 1982 under Reagan administration pressure.

or this:

Announcing that Stern's show was suspended, Clear Channel said the radio host disregarded the company's effort to limit indecency.

"Clear Channel drew a line in the sand today with regard to protecting our listeners from indecent content and Howard Stern's show blew right through it," John Hogan, president and CEO of Clear Channel Radio, said in a news release. "It was vulgar, offensive, and insulting, not just to women and African Americans but to anyone with a sense of common decency."

I agree with Slappie that Clear Channel is evil, but switching the censorship blames from Clear Channel to the government is just too funny.
It's your life, live it!

If your a citizen and you don't like Bush, then VOTE.
that's the system, flaws and all.

I did, I do, and I will, in every election. It has nothing to do with elected officials listening or not listening to their constituents... it is about their blatend abuse of power and wanton neglegence of the Constitution and out legal rights as Americans.

You would be crazy if you thought that the Senators, Representatives, Governors or Mayors of my state care that pollution is seeping into the soil, causing insect infestations, killing off the corn crop, which increases ethanol prices which in turn affect gasoine prices which hurts the economy which determines the outcome of the next election in 4 years. They are too worried about Janet Jackson's boob and the Howard Fucking Stern show.

- Voltaire

Because you say so? I'm a productive, contributing member of society and I must conclude that a bunch of self riteous, controlling, small minded bastards are in power.

I would be just as upset if it were Rush Limbaugh, or Ann Coulter....

My anger and hatred of this crap has nothing to do with Howard Stern...it has to do with Big Brother and his lackies.

For once I have to agree with Kev. It's not Stern I'm pissed about. It's the why Stern was taken off the air. Period the GOVERMENT forced the hand of CCC to remove him or loose the ability to make money in the markets he was broadcast too. Or pay huge company crippling fines.

Whos to say what's next? Like I said, this is another blow by the Moral Majority to my likes and dislikes.

All in the name of a free society, as long as you don't offend someone.

As important as you think you may be, I promise no governement official lost sleep last night because of what YOU as an individual MEMBER of a larger society thought about anything.
They are not making decisions for YOU
They are making decisions for EVERYONE, the masses, the future and citizens, non citizens, kids, employees, www surfers.
I'd like to see what your version of our government would look like. I'm afraid I would be afraid to go out of my house, and what then? Whos the terrorist then if I don't feel ok going out of my home? If society is so skewd in one direction that no balance remains... what then?

If that's the government you want, you can still find it in Cuba and China....

I'd like to see what your version of our government would look like.

They don't have the right to make decisions for everyone. My version of the government would be one that exists only to protect the personal freedoms and liberties of each individual citizen. Kind of like the version of government that Jefferson, Washington, et al had in mind.

What part of this isn't clear?

WASHINGTON — On the eve of a House hearing on broadcast indecency, the nation's largest radio station chain suspended shock jock Howard Stern's show, saying it did not meet the company's newly revised programming standards.

or this:

"True and lasting change will only be achieved if the broadcast community recommits to its public service roots and its tradition of abiding by community standards of decency," Powell wrote, urging a return to a voluntary code of conduct, which was dropped in 1982 under Reagan administration pressure.

2 things Rev:
1) What do you think caused these "newly revised programming standards"? What was wrong with the old standards? Do you thing CCC would change their own standards if not prodded to do so? THEY WERE MAKING MONEY! WHY CHANGE IT?

2) Last time I heard, Mr. Powell did not work for CCC... he worked for *cough* the GOVERNMENT.

- Voltaire

They are too worried about Janet Jackson's boob and the Howard Fucking Stern show.

LMFAO!! :ph34r:

The goverment now I am speaking of the elected officals you and I voted for. They are worried about two things.

1. Who is going to give me the most support to get into office. Money being one of those things.

2. How do I stay in office.

They could give a rats ass about you and me. Or how my freedoms are taken and given. The Office of Homeland Security is a Nazi SS. Just dumbed down enough to not make to many people suspicious.

The FCC controls what I see and hear in public media. Why? Because some Religious fanatics in the 20's thought some of the movies that we're being produced were to risque for them to watch. These are the same people who wanted alcohol banned.

I'm pissed an probably need to take a break from thsi thread. It all the people sitting around with their heads in the sand they scare me the most. You wont open your eyes and see what's happening to the thing we cry and die for.. FREEDOM.. in the US it's just a fucking word now.......... Because I sure as hell have none anymore >:(>:(

Wow.

The governement to me is not much different than an employer. They are in business after all.

What would happen if your boss, if his/her positions switched from forcing you to be produce quality products, show up on time, and make the company money and instead spent all his time making sure you were comfortable, had enough desk space, making sure you have PLENTY of pen color choices or what ever you do.

The company would go under.

I do not want my government run that way at all. I happen to disagree with some things too, BUT that is they way it is. Again, my personal single opinion, is irrelevant, that is the way it is. Thanks to this governement I can do anything I want as long as it doesn't impose on others and my personal moral limitations. (including listen to Howard Stern, maybe not on that particular station but in interviews, books and movies which will still be available may I remind most of you)
oh, and mind you..my family fled Cuba only a couple of decades ago..it's not the same I PROMISE.

So, your version of a free society is people being able to do whatever they want, when they want, however they want with disregard to anyone else?

No....no one should be allowed to walk into your house, tune your radio to a particular station and make you sit down and listen to it, even if they want to.

Please explain to me how I am disregarding your freedoms by sitting in my living room listening to the radio?

Please explain to me how Stern is disregarding your freedoms by talking on a radio station that you don't need to listen to.

I can only imagine that it's some warped sense of self importance that makes people think that what other people do has anything to do with them.

I listened to Stern this morning, he's not yanked here. I'm sorry that I didn't consult you to see if that would have a detrimental effect on you first.

Yea, pull him, calm him, or pay more fines.

Translation:

Yeah, censor him, censor him, or submit to blackmail.

Of course neither of you would buckle under pressure, and force the govenment to shut you down, right?

Clear Channel pulled the plug, period. That is the fact that is obvious here. The rest is a bunch of maybes, mightas, couldas, shouldas, or wouldas.
It's your life, live it!