DJatLarge

What are you doing for Safety Day 2004

Well....

Personally, I'm kinda torn. I would go to my "home DZ" where I did all of my training, etc since I took the day off, but I don't think they are really doing anything special for Safety Day and another DZ in the area is. What to do, What to do...

Maybe I'll just stay home and smack penguins!!!

going to a boogie and blowing off the safeydays at the two dz's near me that are having them... one that is having a smal one this wekend is probly gona hold another a little later in the year as the weather improves in utah here...

I may make it out to the DZ....but probably not.. I have other plans for the weekend, but they may fall through.. If so, I'll be heading out to one of the local DZ's(not sure which one yet, so many to choose from). My home DZ doesn't seem to be doing anything for safety day..

Mike

I'm going to my home dz for safety day. I'll meet some skydivers from other dz's that are coming to my home dz for safety day, Kelel01 and Skyrose7, maybe others, plus some people from my dz that I haven't met yet, or haven't seen in a long time.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

My son and his dad are taking me to Knotts Berry Farm for my birthday. . .I will remember to be quite safe on the rides though. . .lol
FGF #6
Darcy

But it looks like Mother Nature doesn't want us to be jumping this weekend. She's a bitch I say!!! >:(:o:P

She looks like a lady to me:

Friday: 75 degrees, winds 5-10 mph
Saturday: 80 degrees, winds 5-10 mph
Sunday: low 80's, chance of isolated showers

Gonna skip work Friday to hit the mini-boogie at my local DZ, then do safety day and some jumping on Saturday at the same place. If Sunday is good and I'm still able to crawl into the plane, I'll jump then too B|

B| If you are in Michigan, Skydive Tecumseh's safety day starts at Noon, Saturday, rain or shine. This is the description sent in an email from the staff:

:P "We will be holding a seminar which will cover various safety issues that everyone needs to be aware of and to brush up on skills necessary to keep Skydive Tecumseh a safe place to jump. You will also have the opportunity to go through your emergency procedures in one of the hanging harnesses.
We will jump after Safety Day is over."

Weather looks good for Saturday, so see you Michigan peeps there! ;)B|:P

Situational Awareness with Bryan Burke

I attended this Bryan Burke seminar during the Holiday boogie and I highly recommend that everyone at some point in their jumping careers to listen to what he has to say. He's got a certain dry view towards this sport (stuff like, if you don't like the long spot, it'll only get worse the more you think about it). But the man is a brilliant person to listen and talk to (after my reserve ride at the boogie, I had the privilage of having about a 20 minute one-on-one talk with him as we watched the jumping action and learned a lot in that time) .

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over