Casch

How many of you have...

...become friends with a member of the opposite sex (or...preferred sex), through Dz.com, seem to like eachother, but you have no means to actually meet them? How many of you have met someone on the forums and are now actually together? Just curious. I've become friends with a particular person but am too damn broke to do anything about it, and will be for some time :(

Funny you ask...ALL of the above! is my answer! LOL! I've met the most AMAZING people through dz.com who have absolutely changed my life and who have such unconditional love for other skydivers. I've also met absolute assholes who are users and who say all the right things at the right time to get what they want. And I've met those who I feel are my soul sisters and soul brothers who I would do just about anything for! For the most part, I would say it's been more positive than negative.

I definately want to meet someone through DZcom.
Most girls freak out and want nothing to do with me because I jump. Even though I only have 40 jumps.
That # will be increacing in the near future.
I always try to recruit girls into skydiving but they want nothing to do with it. Mabye I should stop recruiting?[:/]

Most girls freak out and want nothing to do with me because I jump. Even though I only have 40 jumps.
I always try to recruit girls into skydiving but they want nothing to do with it. Mabye I should stop recruiting?[:/]

Really???
I have either met people that think I am crazy, or super cool because of it. though I do not Recruit. I do not even bring it up, till "the time is right" Women are like engineers, If you want something done tell them they can't do it and stand the hell out of the way while they do it...
lol... that one came from my pop who is an EE
(Electrical engineer)
I have one very good girl who is friend. She would prefer that I stay grounded, even from scuba, but that is because she is a worry rat. But that is reason 1 she is just a friend, but most of the other females i have met want me to be on the plane when they make there first jump.

Anyway back to the topical disscussion... I have never met a dz.commer. probably unitentionaly at eugene skydivers, but not that I am aware of.
however if some one clicked I would sure give it a shot;)

Recruiting doesn't work, for most anyone. You are at that early stage in the sport where you feel you need to get everyone to jump with you, and it is probably one of the first things you bring up in a conversation. Since I stopped inviting people to the DZ, I have had more first time jumpers go out with me...odd, huh? Not really, it has to be their choice. I didn't tell anyone at my job I was a skydiver until a pilot recognized the closing pin...word got around, and now half the office wants to make a tandem and I never asked any of them. Once everyone knew, then I put up pictures of me jumping in my cube.

Don't go out of your way to tell a whuffo girl that you skydive until it just happens to come up. Let her get to know you some instead of going for the shock value.

I try not to tell most people anymore, but when I get asked about my necklace or why I where a watch with an Altimeter in it, I will then tell them.

I've dated whuffos and my girlfriend is a jumper (with more jumps that me;)). Just like any relationship, it takes compromise and you can make it work as long as you are both mature. Immaturity, lack of trust, and lack of communication will end any relationship...whuffo or skydiver.

Oh yea, I met my girlfriend because of this board, and we are quite happy together.

Definitely stop. You're either so enthusiastic about skydiving that it's the first thing you want to talk about(and nobody but another jumper will want to talk about it for more than 30 seconds), or you're using it for the "cool factor". Either way, it won't do you any good. I don't tell people that I skydive unless the subject comes up. I dated a woman last year for over a month before she ever knew I jumped...and that was because I told her I had plans for a specific weekend, and she wanted to know what I was doing. It's just not important to whuffos. Most people will say "that's cool" or something to that effect, then think you're a weirdo or have a deathwish.

Mike

ive met all kinds of peeps from DZ.com, and hope to meet more. Some of them are very close friends now, some are just coolio. I hope to meet soo many more.
thats all Im sayin. B|;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Ive met A whole lotta people from dz.com.

they are all fake! LOL:P
not a single one of them was who they said they were.
my first dz.commer I met was mouth. she wasn't as bitchy as she used to claim she was. loud, maybe but not bitchy or demanding.

then from there on I met probly 100 of them.
I must say they were fun but I didnt like a single of them!:P:P:P

the biggest Bullshitter of them all I think is Clay. I met him here (in vegas) the guy didnt even mention sheep. and I dont think he had the patch on.

I could go through the list of them all but the point is, they are all full of themselves and that actually leaves them empty:P:P

I met a few aussie too. they were so nice and let me crash in their homes and stuff....what a bunch of wierdo's.
I could go on; but I think Ive said enough!:P
\

(I REALLY hope you can read sarcasm):P
My photos

My Videos

Met my (now-wife) on rec.skydiving. Previous to that met a woman who I went out with for a while on rec.skydiving. Odd thing is that we were really only physically together a few weekends, but avoided all that getting-to-know-each-other stuff via email and phone.

I can have any woman I please. (Now I just have to please one. :))

Guys aren't nearly as sexy on roller skates.

I was reading your sig line and was reminded of a friend of mine. She used rollerblade around the neighborhood of her townhouse. She regularly skated around in her regular shorty-shorts and a midriff shirt. A mini-firetruck passed her one day and as they went around the corner, the driver was watching her and jumped the curb which threw 2 guys off the back onto the lawn.

I guess that having passing cars wreck would give you bragging rights. :D

I have not met anyone through dz.com, mainly because I have not been on dz.com for very long. A good friend who jumps out of Eugene Skydivers showed me this site and I have been hooked ever since.

I don't even have any jumps under my belt yet, but that will soon change when June comes around. It is always more fun to do stuff with people you enjoy being around. If my friends wanted me to jump with them on the their first jump I would do it.
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

I met the most amazing guy here...well we sorta met here....

Followed his posts for awhile-always thought he was pretty cool...met him last memorial day in Perris, still thought he was cool, although i kept confusing him with someone else;), we talked occasionally since then...mostly bored text messages and few drunk dials...he saved me from a huge mistake and got to laugh a lot at the effects of alcohol on me:D:S....then one day we started iming....made plans for him to come to NYC (although both of us really just wanted to see one another), and now we're dating...long distance sucks, but hey, when you have this kinda bond with someone, its all worth it:)
Its kinda crazy, our paths have crossed so many times, i never woulda imagined we'd end up where we are now...

I don't think I could be any happier than i am at the moment :)

*daizey*

I met someone from DZ.com. It seemed to a really good connection, but it became a disaster. I am not one of the success stories. Call me sour apples.

The other people I have met through DZ.com on a friendly level seemed to be preoccupied with other things when we crossed paths. Maybe its just me. I just don't bother anymore. Since, then I have run into several DZ.comers but I don't mention I know them from the BB and I don't mention I am on DZ.com either. A lot of them are very different in person to what they are like on this board. I'll stick to meeting people in person.

Oh bloody hell... many of those apply to me :D

I've dated a DZ.commer or two :ph34r:. Many of the old timers on the site can remember one that I dated for a year. There have been some I've met and dated but it had nothing to do with the site or anything, and there are a few people like Sunny that I would never date, but know lots about her and would'nt have met her if not for DZ.com.

I'm extremely happy with what I have currently, but I'll never date anyone off here again. Sorry but too many of you have issues (That includes you Remi!) :P
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com