weegegirl

Would you sell out?

It would take several million for me to say I'd never skydive again, but that several million would pay for me to travel around the world looking for the best scuba spots for probably the rest of my life (alcohol, bottled air and hookers don't cost much in third world countries :P;))
Of course if I won 20 mil I'd buy the most badass Winebego, move to z-hills, buy everyone free jumps for the day (or maybe weekend:)

I'd sell out for mucho millions (and that amount only) and buy myself a freakin' wind tunnel!!! ;)

Personally I like being in the air flying my body and then my canopy. So I don't see a point in doing just tunnel time. But that's just me. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

No amount of money could keep me from what I love. Apparently, I won't let any doctors orders keep me away eitherB|

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

I'd sell out for 300 million. Get some plastic surgery on the DL. Move to southern Italy. Build a landing strip. Purchase an Otter and a pilot. Hold the Dave Colucci freefly festival every year. Free freefly jumps and packing for everyone! :)

Now THAT is the answer I was looking for!!! B|

I don;t know, ten million? I could always pick up golf or something. That is just as exciting.

:P

Actually, I might look at where I am and look at what that could provide for my wife and kids. And I might ask them their opinion.

As much as I love this sport. I love my family more. What would be best for them?

I would let them decide.

I hope they choose skydiving though.B|

No sell out here. I am not that excited about being really rich so... as long as I have enough cash for jump tickets and the occasional kebab...B|

It is as much a principle thing as being about skydiving...:)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

There is more to life than skydiving.

Amen.

I think an interesting poll would be to break it down into 'years in sport' vs 'selling out'
I'm pretty sure people with over 4 years in the sport are more likely to 'sell out' and people with less than 4 years just don't understand that concept :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Yep...I'd sell out. I have four years in the sport, so I do wonder if that is a part of it.

I also have a new family and not a lot of money to provide for them. I would love for my daughter to grow up without ever having to want for anything.

A couple million would mean finiancial stability for the rest of my life. Then I could focus on my family.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Contracts, like hymens are made to be broken.

Show me the money.

for one hundred trillion dollars. that way, i could buy my own country and then skydive because any contract would no longer be valid.

Yep, that's what I'd do, take the money and find the loopholes.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Would you sell out?

If offered enough Money - I would sell out. I would use this money to buy a brand new rig, and then I'd fake my death in a very Home Simpson Manner and take my new fortunes (and new rig!!!) and skydive happily forever....:)
=========Shaun ==========

For a quarter million there isn't a lot I wouldn't do right now (hurting someone is part of that 'isn't a lot'). I'd miss the sport, but it is not life.

Now, for the 14 million someone mentioned, do you want him swimming with the fishes or what?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Contracts, like hymens are made to be broken. :)
Show me the money. B|

agreed. then try and catch me.........
there is more to life than money, skydiving is part of life....

I think an interesting poll would be to break it down into 'years in sport' vs 'selling out'
I'm pretty sure people with over 4 years in the sport are more likely to 'sell out' and people with less than 4 years just don't understand that concept

Yeah, I think you are correct. When I started I would not have given it up....11 years, 3,000+ jumps, 2 close friends dead, knowing several more that died, watching a few of them die, and the bull shit at he DZ...Now I could quit.

I used to call it "the source". But now that I know several people that have quit, and they are loving a non-skydiving life. I know it can be done.

I'm still skydiving cause I think I still have much to learn, and still want to reach a goal. But the importance of that goal is not all consuming like it was.

I have seen enough death to know that I very well could die on any jump. It makes me sick to know that some people think this sport is safe. They are fooling themselves. I accept the fact that my next jump could end my life...when I am no longer willing to accept that fact, my last jump will be my last jump ever and I will sell my gear.

I live in a trailer on a DZ, and I have lived in a nice house...The house was better.

At different times in my life I wanted different things.

The things that drove me into this sport 11 years ago are not there anymore. The goal that kept me in this sport is not so shinny anymore when you compare it to the cost.

So while it is hard for the newer jumpers to understand...And I didn't understand when I had <1000 jumps...Now I do see the other side.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334