Daizey

Talk about determination...

My poor roommate. All last semester she had to deal with my pictures of skydiving, my videos, my talking about it. I thought Id drive her nuts...instead she became insanely interested in it. She began learning about the sport and beginning to intereact with others to learn some more. She even joined dropzone.com as NYKim06 to gain some knowledge. But according to her, she was in no way ready to jump.

Since Kim was overweight she wasn't sure she could jump or if she'd even be comfortable doing it, so for awhile she kinda put the idea in the back of her head. Her self-confidence wasn't very high and she began talking about it less and less. I began to think she gave up hope.

Until a few weeks ago. I got a call from Kim telling me she joined a weight loss program and was doing really well. She was so proud of herself. When i went up to visit her that weekend, i got to see her goal sheet. There was a statement that said "I want to lose weight because..." followed by a blank.

The blank said "because my dream is to go skydiving"

Kim has so far lost 13 pounds and shes put various skydiving pics up in her room to keep her motivated.

I don't know about you, but i find this story extremely inspiring. I love to see people doing all they can to achieve their dreams. Kims dream is to skydive, and this summer she WILL jump-and I know she couldn't be more happy.:)

*daizey*

It sounds like she really wants this to happen and is working hard towards her goal. With determination like that she's bound to acheive it. She's already put more in to it then a lot of people who do skydive and she hasn't even made a jump yet. Go Kim, you can do it! :)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

That is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know a few women who started skydiving and lost a bunch of weight after they started. The before and after pictures are unbelievable.

I am behind her 100%.

It is too bad that more people in our Country could not find something that they enjoy enough to get in shape for it.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LLLLLLLLLLLUCK!!!!!!!!!

I am sure you will achieve what you wish Kim. Always remember that nothing in life comes easy. :)
Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

When I get down to what I should be, I might have the nerve to post a pic of where I came from...my first jump was 20 lbs ago. I'm trying to work hard to shed the rest right now! Ideas, please post on my poll thread!

And tell your roommate Daizey congrats!! And whatever she's doing that's working, for Pete's sake LET ME KNOW!! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

it is very kewl and everytime that i think of givin up cause it is to hard i will think about that video and rember what my goal is
thanks

Oh WOW...you are gonna make me be serious for a moment. Thank you so much. I have found NO greater joy than videoing newbies. Their enthusiasm is infectious. I have watched that video probably 100 times and EVERY time I see Andrea wave her fist around on the rodeo I almost shed a tear. Hopefully you get some of that THRILLING feeling from the video. Just wait until you taste the sky! If I can EVER do aything for you let me know! I'm the world's LARGEST COACH whore. :D