themitchyone

Yet another ad using skydiving...

I guess no one else has seen it yet , but I saw a Right Guard commercial at the movie theater in Lake Wales that was right up there with the T mobile one if not worse. It features the black tv star/comedian from SNL, his name eludes me right now, and a unknown second actor. Scene starts in the back of an Otter with the unknown grasping his rig to his chest while our man has his gear on. Our guy pushes the unknown out of the Otter. He follows the guy down and hands him a can of Right Guard, all the while talking about the product. The guy has the can in his hands and realizes he needs to spray the contents out to stay aloft, which he does , until it runs out. Once it runs out he starts to fall again,the scene switches to a football field/game. The unknown actor craters into the football field leaving a perfect outline of his body. Our guy along with cheerleaders shows up as the unkown crawls out of the ground disoriented and the product(right guard) is pitched again. The commercial wasn't that bad for TV skydiving up until the cratering part IMO. Where they got that and why they did it is beyond me but skydivers won't find the commercial amusing in the least bit. I am surprised no one else has seen this commercial yet be it at the theater or on tv.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Most of the skydiving ads are peculiar, but I guess like most ads, the weirder they are the more you remember. But the crater? Haven't seen it, but the concept is distasteful. :|
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

I saw that one too. I don't watch TV at all, but I saw that at the movie theater. Same as you - I thought it was good until the crater part. They actually used real gear (mini - risers, etc). Usually, they use round parachutes with ripcords - it seems that Hollywood is more interested in presenting the "image" of skydiving, rather than the real thing.

I recently saw a trailer for another movie where the guy jumped a white round canopy. For a second, I thought that it was a remake of Gypsy Moths.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

lol.. no, never saw that one! The one with a 4way crater... :D

Thats the "No Gear" skydiving team t-shirt. I've got mine. Bought it off Ebay.

I also have a club t-shirt from up here that says the "die-split" on the back....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I saw the right guard commercial on TV last night. The things I liked about the ad...

The plane really looked like a DZ plane(lots of stickers all over it).
He deployed his parachute correctly.
On the ground, you can see his main riser covers open.

The plane really looked like a DZ plane(lots of stickers all over it).
He deployed his parachute correctly.
On the ground, you can see his main riser covers open.

Was he wearing an orange and tie dye Mirage?;)

Those comercials sure pay well..........
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

If you are talking about the one I think you are talking about. That "actor" is actually a rapper named X-hibit.

Was there an Orange Mirage in the add?

If so that rig belongs to are own Diablopilot.

They just shot that out in CA a few months ago.
Dom