AggieDave

*another* cutaway

Geez, the first one was kinda cool, since I hadn't had one yet, but one week later I had *another* cutaway on a tandem. Geeeeeez. Make it stop. In 400 tandem jumps I have no cutaways, pretty much nothing but perfect openings, now I have two in a week.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Geez, the first one was kinda cool, since I hadn't had one yet, but one week later I had *another* cutaway on a tandem. Geeeeeez. Make it stop. In 400 tandem jumps I have no cutaways, pretty much nothing but perfect openings, now I have two in a week.

It's just fate giving you a little "scare" to make sure ya don't get full of yourself (or ya body position---don't you hate hearing that) :P

i see no reasson not to keep your skills up todate:D just keep doing the right things:P
ohh perhaps hire a packer,or if you already does,hire another one :ph34r::D

its a part of the game,even as unpleasent it is,as the warning labels says,even packed proberly gear can mailfunction...

do you play in the lottery?perhaps now is a good time using alot of mony there he he

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Damn Aggie, sounds like this just hasen't been your week! Sorry to hear about ANOTHER one! What was it this time??!?
Heck man, the Tandem master I was packing for at WFFC this year had two malfunctions right in a row!!!!! (Wasn't packing error, Egon at Relative Workshop was suprised he had ONLY two after looking at the equipment....:S)
=========Shaun ==========

AggieDave, how did the student react on the ground and did you tell him/her that you just had another one recently? I've only seen the faces of two students who'se first jumps were tandem cutaways and both of them had the rock on! attitude and wanted to jump again (gotta love that).

Damn Aggie, sounds like this just hasen't been your week! Sorry to hear about ANOTHER one! What was it this time??!?
Heck man, the Tandem master I was packing for at WFFC this year had two malfunctions right in a row!!!!! (Wasn't packing error, Egon at Relative Workshop was suprised he had ONLY two after looking at the equipment....:S)

My daugher was the passenger on the first of those two tandems. She was happy that she did get two freefalls for the price of one. Comes from a family that spends too much time watching skydiving videos.......
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

My daugher was the passenger on the first of those two tandems. She was happy that she did get two freefalls for the price of one. Comes from a family that spends too much time watching skydiving videos.......

Don't bark that up too loudly... the whuffos who cruise dz.com will get the impression that they deserve all sorts of freebies and goodies after a cutaway on their first tandem!! :S:P

[

Don't bark that up too loudly... the whuffos who cruise dz.com will get the impression that they deserve all sorts of freebies and goodies after a cutaway on their first tandem!! :S:P

We had told my daughter about the case of beer thing before she took this tandem. So she knew that she would OWE a case. First jump?case! Well, first cutaway? Case! First off dz landing? CASE! Injure your tandem master? CASE!! She knows she owes. The tm's will love her at the WFFC next year!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Ok, to respond to everyone::P

Yes, it started life as a line over.

My first reserve ride was a slider down tension knot, not a packing error. This was this packer's first reserve ride, just a screwup, its been taken care of.

The RWS tandem reserve flies very nicely, doesn't surf as nicely as the Sigma 370 buy flies better then an EZ-384 (strangely enough) and it has a pretty powerful flare (for a full F-111 canopy).

Did I leave anything out?

I made it through another full tandem day with a sport jump with no cutaways today...:P:P

Stop pro packing your tandems, Dave.

Stop pro packing your tandems, Dave.

The first mal wasn't a packing error, it has to do with a lineset getting past its time. The second one was a packing mal, but was the first mal due to a pro-pack we've had at the DZ. So that's over 1000 tandem jumps.

Not bad.