petejones45

New Container! What do you think?

Why remove the catapault? Done 1000 jumps on a Reflex and used the reserve with 'catapault' installed. I'm still here. :ph34r:

I knew that was coming. You had a standard everyday reserve ride ... awesome. I'm not going to argue since you're from new zealand.... . no racism here
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Remove the catapult and really really watch the "pop top" or whatever it's called. Make sure it stays tight. If there's even just a little gap have your rigger tighten down. You don't want to snag a line underneath it. Other than that it will be fine.
I didn't mean to alarm you or anything and I apologize if I did. I went back and read my post and I kind of sounded like a jerk.
Sorry for that. :)

Why remove the catapault? Done 1000 jumps on a Reflex and used the reserve with 'catapault' installed. I'm still here. :ph34r:

"Let's say that you have a main horseshoe malfunction, and you are going to have to dump your reserve up through it. Now let's say you have not one, but two reserve pilot chutes on your reserve bridle, which are connected so as to form a letter " Y ". What are your chances that that " Y " shaped junction, with a pilot chute on each upper end, is going to make it up through, and past, your main horseshoe. Not very good, I think. Do you really still want a Catapult? "
bill booth

http://ttp:/...search_string=reflex

Her is a link to some thoughts on the catapult

chris

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

" ... really really watch the "pop top" or whatever it's called. Make sure it stays tight. If there's even just a little gap have your rigger tighten down. You don't want to snag a line underneath it. Other than that it will be fine. ..."

Step one: find rigger who knows how to make Pop-Tops look pretty.

Second step: find a rigger who knows how to make Reflexes look pretty.
For example, it took me a decade to teach myself the finer points of packing Racers.
Then I struggled through a dozen Reflex pack jobs until Iron Mike (demonstration packer for the Reflex factory) showed me the finer points of closing Reflexes.
Since then I have invented one more Reflex trick to make them look pretty.

can't see the pics but knowing reflex's, get rid of it poptops never seet right

Unless you read the instruction manual (which the FARs require you to have available), pay attention to tips on-line and local from people like Mick who've packed Reflexes, and take some care to maintain a nice pocket in the middle.

My second reserve repack ever with a PD143R (not small) into an R335 (the correct size) with a Cypres was completely flush and didn't have a big bulge for the Cypres battery box. The first was the same Reflex, so I did have a little practice.

I chalk most of the bad Reflex pack jobs up to people not liking anything different and being too lazy to learn.